Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777

    Overreactions Thus Far?

    Your team, other teams. Whatever. Go.

    Unleash the beast.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    796
    vCash
    1500
    The Bears(my team) and the irrational belief at this point that the D has improved at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    I don't like him but how bad Johnny has been is a bit overrated. Kid was definitely not NFL ready, we knew that. He didn't even use a huddle in college. You can tell the size of the playbook overwhelms him right now. He's definitely in over his head ATM.

    That being said.........it's two freaking preseason games.


    Eli/Giants new offense. Give it some time. I'm not a huge Eli fan but NFLN tried to blow this upt he other day, I noticed nobody really bit. Good for us.

    Unleash the beast.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    72,097
    vCash
    785
    Bears fans ignoring that the first team run d hasn't looked awful and penalties extending drives does not mean our defense is as awful as last year. It's not gonna be good but it has improved

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,051
    vCash
    1500
    Niners games, starting offense has played 3 drives and we've been without 6 defensive starters from the get go of games. The lack of experiance in our depth players is clear. I'd rather have Tebow over Gabbert if I could just swap them at this point, can't even gauge the backup offense because the QB play of he and Johnson has been abysmal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Bears fans ignoring that the first team run d hasn't looked awful and penalties extending drives does not mean our defense is as awful as last year. It's not gonna be good but it has improved
    benny says you're wrong doe.


    I kind of forgot about our team...

    1. Crowning Janis as the second coming of Christ.
    2. Acting like losing a backup OT and a 5th WR still made us the most injury prone team of all time (knock on wood though).
    3. Thinking every fringe roster player we have will be instantly claimed by another team and none of them will make it to the PS
    4. Over now, but acting like Colt Lyerla was going to be our starter....he got waived today.

    Unleash the beast.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Niners games, starting offense has played 3 drives and we've been without 6 defensive starters from the get go of games. The lack of experiance in our depth players is clear. I'd rather have Tebow over Gabbert if I could just swap them at this point, can't even gauge the backup offense because the QB play of he and Johnson has been abysmal.
    Yeah you'll be fine. It's been the second team that's been awful.

    Nobody should pay attention to the scores of SF games. We know you're a good team.

    Unleash the beast.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    72,097
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    benny says you're wrong doe.


    I kind of forgot about our team...

    1. Crowning Janis as the second coming of Christ.
    2. Acting like losing a backup OT and a 5th WR still made us the most injury prone team of all time (knock on wood though).
    3. Thinking every fringe roster player we have will be instantly claimed by another team and none of them will make it to the PS
    4. Over now, but acting like Colt Lyerla was going to be our starter....he got waived today.
    Benny isn't watching games. He's looking at points

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Benny isn't watching games. He's looking at points
    Points of attack. And your run D is getting blown off it. Boom.

    Unleash the beast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Bears fans ignoring that the first team run d hasn't looked awful and penalties extending drives does not mean our defense is as awful as last year. It's not gonna be good but it has improved
    With or without penalties Jacksonville and freakin Chad Henne walked down the field like nobody was playing against them. I would like them to be improved no doubt, but that was scary. please for my sake prove me otherwise.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Benny isn't watching games. He's looking at points
    I'm not looking at points, I watched both games. No pass rush to speak of, Tillman looks OLD, and there is little or no penetration by the line, McClellin is starting for some reason and looks like a bad DE playing linebacker.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    72,097
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    With or without penalties Jacksonville and freakin Chad Henne walked down the field like nobody was playing against them. I would like them to be improved no doubt, but that was scary. please for my sake prove me otherwise.
    For starters they averaged 2.5 YPC on the ground which isn't good. Allen and Houston combined for +2.5 pff rating vs the run. There was more than one penalty extending drives and they showed that our guys were not in game shape. The dts have some work to do but there is hope for a serviceable rotation. Lbers won't be good but Briggs came to camp in shape w his head in straight and bostic has shown improvements. Biggest issues for this defense will be covering athletic TEs and stopping 3rd and short etc. Never said the defense would be good but it's not as bad as last year at all.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,078
    vCash
    1500
    The Giants entire fan base and media is bugging out about an offense and scheme thats been entirely scripted plays based on the previous installation with no sentiment of a gameplan. Its quite comical.

    Now there are some legitimate concerns on the OL, the third WR, and at TE, but lets see how some of these players abilities translate when they're put into position to succeed and utilized to their strengths.

    I think the offense will be a season-long development, hopefully coming along in time for a late season run (which should be possible if our defense stays healthy considering they're easily the best in the east), but the chicken little **** from fans and media is disgustingly offputting.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    For starters they averaged 2.5 YPC on the ground which isn't good. Allen and Houston combined for +2.5 pff rating vs the run. There was more than one penalty extending drives and they showed that our guys were not in game shape. The dts have some work to do but there is hope for a serviceable rotation. Lbers won't be good but Briggs came to camp in shape w his head in straight and bostic has shown improvements. Biggest issues for this defense will be covering athletic TEs and stopping 3rd and short etc. Never said the defense would be good but it's not as bad as last year at all.
    I hope your right, and you may be. Maybe they won't be historically bad again.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    For starters they averaged 2.5 YPC on the ground which isn't good. Allen and Houston combined for +2.5 pff rating vs the run. There was more than one penalty extending drives and they showed that our guys were not in game shape. The dts have some work to do but there is hope for a serviceable rotation. Lbers won't be good but Briggs came to camp in shape w his head in straight and bostic has shown improvements. Biggest issues for this defense will be covering athletic TEs and stopping 3rd and short etc. Never said the defense would be good but it's not as bad as last year at all.
    Before I finished reading your post..I was just going to say this. I think TE's are going to give you guys huge trouble with your linebackers and safeties. The defense overall should be better than last season though.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •