Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mets offense since the ASB

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/mets-ar...ornia-buzzsaw/

Since the All-Star break, the Mets are last in baseball in runs scored, batting average, slugging percentage and hits with runners in scoring position, while leading the league in strikeouts.
    I don't know what the answer to this is, other than that it's not coming from within the system. I was thinking they would make a play for Castillo but apparently they're already out of that. I don't see how this offense improves significantly next year in general, even if we maintain the status quo---but if you trade away Murphy on top of that, then it becomes an even bigger mystery.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 08-19-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    What is with the emoji?

You genuinely do love this team performing poorly.

You actually are trolling.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    What is with the emoji?

You genuinely do love this team performing poorly.

You actually are trolling.
    He might have done it by accident. It's happened to me before.

Either way, I took it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post

I don't know what the answer to this is, other than that it's not coming from within the system. I was thinking they would make a play for Castillo but apparently they're already out of that. I don't see how this offense improves significantly next year in general, even if we maintain the status quo---but if you trade away Murphy on top of that, then it becomes an even bigger mystery.
    2nd half wRC+

Duda: 143 in 122 PA
    Murphy: 123 in 131 PA
    d'Arnaud: 112 in 101 PA
    den Dekker: 110 in 29 PA
    Lagares: 67 in 116 PA
    Tejada: 58 in 62 PA
    Wright: 51 in 125 PA
    CYoung: 51 in 49 PA
    Granderson: 45 in 126 PA
    Flores: 45 in 59 PA
    EYoung: 33 in 27 PA
    Campbell: 12 in 39 PA
    Nieuwenhuis: 8 in 31 PA
    Abreu: -11 in 20 PA
    Recker: -49 in 23 PA

The bolded is very concerning. 3 out of 4 of those guys are supposed to be relied upon as starters next season. It's one thing to be a in a slump, but these guys haven't performed well enough to be in a slump so bad.

As a team, their wRC+ after the AS break is 72 which is ridiculously bad. Keep in mind 100 is the average.

If the Mets want to score any runs, they need to bunch the top four guys together in the lineup.

den Dekker
    Murphy
    d'Arnaud
    Duda
    Wright
    Granderson
    Lagares
    Flores

Terry needs to shake things up. He just cannot continue to bad Granderson leadoff with Wright 3rd any longer.

vCash
    Coulda put a picture of a butt in your post and gotten the same message across.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna:28946065

2nd half wRC+

Duda: 143 in 122 PA
    Murphy: 123 in 131 PA
    d'Arnaud: 112 in 101 PA
    den Dekker: 110 in 29 PA
    Lagares: 67 in 116 PA
    Tejada: 58 in 62 PA
    Wright: 51 in 125 PA
    CYoung: 51 in 49 PA
    Granderson: 45 in 126 PA
    Flores: 45 in 59 PA
    EYoung: 33 in 27 PA
    Campbell: 12 in 39 PA
    Nieuwenhuis: 8 in 31 PA
    Abreu: -11 in 20 PA
    Recker: -49 in 23 PA

The bolded is very concerning. 3 out of 4 of those guys are supposed to be relied upon as starters next season. It's one thing to be a in a slump, but these guys haven't performed well enough to be in a slump so bad.

As a team, their wRC+ after the AS break is 72 which is ridiculously bad. Keep in mind 100 is the average.

If the Mets want to score any runs, they need to bunch the top four guys together in the lineup.

den Dekker
    Murphy
    d'Arnaud
    Duda
    Wright
    Granderson
    Lagares
    Flores

Terry needs to shake things up. He just cannot continue to bad Granderson leadoff with Wright 3rd any longer.
    Tom Ssaver used to do RCC (Royal Crown Cola) commercials. Something about it being the mad flavor. Pretty sure he wasn't talking about runs created
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    If you can't get anything out of Wright or Granderson there is a big problem
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash

Alderson has to trade pitching

Alderson has not made a single move that has improved this team offensively, and absolutely has to suck it up and trade some pitching to get some offensive players, who might produce for a few years. I've written previously that there is something very wrong organizationally with the Mets that virtually none of the players who have been solid offensively in the minors ever produce in the majors. Going back just a few years, Nick Evans; more recently, one-year wonder Ike Davis; den Dekker; Niewenhuis; Lagares; Flores; etc., etc. I truly don't think that d'Arnaud is ever going to hit more than .240. Plawecki is struggling at Las Vegas, which is a hitters' park. Nimmo isn't burning up Double A, and definitely isn't showing either the power or speed he supposedly had when he was drafted.
    Alderson, who I think should be fired before Collins, needs to move to get some offense and something has to be done with the system to stop this annual production of 4A players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    If you can't get anything out of Wright or Granderson there is a big problem
    Is a big concern for me going forward because if those two guys don't bounce back and have very productive years, then it will be more of a mediocre team even if they improve the offense at other places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He might have done it by accident. It's happened to me before.
    I know that few of you are going to believe me on this, but that really was an accident. I noticed it right after I published the post, but I had to run so I couldn't change it. I'm certainly not happy about this at all.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Tom Ssaver used to do RCC (Royal Crown Cola) commercials. Something about it being the mad flavor. Pretty sure he wasn't talking about runs created
    I don't know who this Tom Ssaver fella is, but I hated RC cola. I called it "cheap" soda when I was a kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is a big concern for me going forward because if those two guys don't bounce back and have very productive years, then it will be more of a mediocre team even if they improve the offense at other places.
    Grandy has made a career out of being bipolar at the plate so i'm hoping its just that. A decent finish could have him at 20 HR, .240/.340/.410, which is about what I would have hoped for at the beginning of the season. If he bottoms out....

David is in a season long funk though. He has always been a hot and cold guy too, and sometimes for prolonged periods (both good and bad), but its never gotten this ugly.

He had a similar bad year batting .250 with a .771 OPS but it ended early when he got hit in the head after about 100 games. Struck out more but hit a couple more HR. I guess he had that 1st Citi year where he hit 10 HR too.

I think its in his head though. Maybe his work ethic works against him given the injury issues.

Will be lighting candles for the comeback players of 2015, Matt Harvey and David Wright... these two guys can change our team more than anybody they could acquire.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    lol it's just much more efficient for me to use wRC+ instead of writing out everyone's slash line over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna:28946832
    lol it's just much more efficient for me to use wRC+ instead of writing out everyone's slash line over and over.
    Yeah. For the record I never really thought RCC had the mad flavor either.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Yeah. For the record I never really thought RCC had the mad flavor either.
    It wasn't so bad. Was kinda sweet so I liked it as a kid.

Mets could use some sugary drinks before they get to the plate.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast