Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Where would you rank KD among small forwards all time right now?

I know people hate ranking players when their careers are still underway and there is no way to tell what the longevity of the player will be, but that said, where would you rank KD right now?

I realize that a career could take a serious nose dive without warning. I imagine that even as critical as I was on McGrady for his style of play, I likely would have ranked him top ten at his position during his prime, but seeing his short peek and rapid decline, I wouldn't have him in my top ten now.

Likewise, I loved Hill and would have likely put him in my top ten in the offseason between Detroit and Orlando, but the injuries really stopped him from showing his talents.

So ranking KD now is obviously problematic, but for the sake or argument.

LBJ and Bird are at the top. The you got guys like Dr. J, Pippen, Baylor, Havlicek and Barry, Worthy, King and Mullen. And Nique, Paul Pierce, and Melo. Which guys would you say Durant is better than?

As blasphemous as this might sound, I'm tempted to rank him as high as third, though for now I wouldn't argue with anybody who has Bird, LBJ and Dr. J in their top three. Is Durant as good as 4th?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Way to early to rank him that high. I think he will be if he gets a ring and continues to win mvps and put up absurd numbers as of now i got James, Bird, Julius, pippen, hondo, barry, baylor pretty easily.

vCash
    top 10 for sure i think atm.

i htink he def creeped into the top 10 by last season.

vCash
    1. Lebron James
    2. Larry Bird
    3. Julius Erving
    4. John Havlicek
    5. Scottie Pippen
    6. Rick Barry
    7. Elgin Baylor
    8. Paul Pierce
    9. James Worthy
    10. Kevin Durant

That's off the top of my head, and you could actually make a decent argument for Durant ahead of Baylor, Pierce and Worthy. Hell, you could probably make a halfway decent argument for him as high as fourth or fifth.

vCash
    Top 10

vCash
    Top 10 and will be 2nd best SF all time + top 10 player all time when retires.

vCash
    I hate when threads like this pop-up. We're literally right in the middle of ranking players like Pippen/Havlicek/Baylor in an all-time thread right at the top of the NBA Forum. Why don't we just see when he starts getting the votes?

My other problem is that, in my opinion, Durant will define his legacy more in the next 5 years than he has in the last 5. It'd be like trying to rank MJ all-time after 89. Just because he's accomplished enough to get recognized doesn't mean there aren't much greater things left to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Top 10 and will be 2nd best SF all time + top 10 player all time when retires.
    Pretty much. I actually have him in my top 5 already. It's crazy because if not for LBJ, KD would have 4 MVP's at the age of 25. If he manages to keep up with what he has been doing for the next 5 years, rings or no rings, he's the 3rd best SF and arguably 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    1. Lebron James
    2. Larry Bird
    3. Julius Erving
    4. John Havlicek
    5. Scottie Pippen
    6. Rick Barry
    7. Elgin Baylor
    8. Paul Pierce
    9. James Worthy
    10. Kevin Durant

That's off the top of my head, and you could actually make a decent argument for Durant ahead of Baylor, Pierce and Worthy. Hell, you could probably make a halfway decent argument for him as high as fourth or fifth.
    he is already better than all those guys accept for lebron and MAYBE bird.

vCash
    ^^^ I agree, while we can't compare career vs career when a player is still young we can compare them at their primes. KD is putting up crazy numbers with crazy efficiency in an era where defenses are extremely complex and where he faces stiff competition every night. IMO he is 3rd, behind Bird and James and I suppose Pippen has a case because of his 2 way prowess so maybe 4th. Durant is greatness, LBJ is greatness, Melo and George are franchise calibre SF's... we got some young bloods up and coming too.

vCash
    my top 15 (could be mistaken a little cuz its off the top of my head)

Lebron James
    Larry Bird
    Julius Erving
    Scottie Pippen
    tracy mcgrady
    kevin durant
    Elgin Baylor
    Dominique wilkins
    melo
    pierce
    carter
    Havlicek
    rick barry
    james worthy
    grant hill

at the end i see durant ending up at either 2 or 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What value do you put on careers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Better in terms of peak production? No doubt. But if he retired tomorrow, you wouldn't rank his career ahead of those guys.

vCash
    These questions always irk me because half think you mean career and half think you mean talent.

You're telling me for one season to take the best player for your team you'd take James Worthy over Kevin Durant? If it was both players at their absolute best that we've seen so far you would 't take KD?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    These questions always irk me because half think you mean career and half think you mean talent.

You're telling me for one season to take the best player for your team you'd take James Worthy over Kevin Durant? If it was both players at their absolute best that we've seen so far you would 't take KD?
    Yeah. I think posters from now on should specify and include "With accolades/accomplishments in mind" or "Just on pure talent." It's a safe bet to assume he meant for career considering he did mention it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast