Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Young Pups Next yr

Do u see colby, morrow, happ and jansen being replaced by pompey and hutch, stro, norris, sanchez and nolin in the bigs in 1 capasity or another? With the money saved we could pickup a 2nd baseman, sign the melkman and fill our bp holes. thoughts?

vCash
    Probably not Pompey. But I can certainly see a situation where each of the young arms listed will make an appearance with the big club. Despite our desires, I would imagine that both Norris and Graveman will be ticketed for AAA early next year - with an opportunity to battle it out for the first call-up.

Sanchez, Stroman and Hutchison (if healthy) should all be in the Opening Day rotation, in my opinion. I think Nolin will earn a place in the pen as a lefty arm that can toss multiple innings. If you can get value in trading one of Dickey or Buehrle then you have to consider it, and I would assume that Happ could either serve as the #5 or will not have his option picked up. Depending on how he fares down the stretch, I would assume that Happ will have the most tenuous grasp on a rotation spot for 2015.

vCash
    Happ isn't too expensive so i see him coming back. Morrow will depend on how he does in the pen at the end of the year. If he's good he could have a shot to replace Jansen. Really I'd like to see all those guys back, but I don't expect Colby or Jansen to be resigned.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Happ isn't too expensive so i see him coming back. Morrow will depend on how he does in the pen at the end of the year. If he's good he could have a shot to replace Jansen. Really I'd like to see all those guys back, but I don't expect Colby or Jansen to be resigned.
    I hear there's a good chance we might not see Morrow at all this year. And then what? I can't see the team picking up his $10M option. I think we've seen the end of Morrow in Toronto.

vCash
    Given how many chances they've given McGowan, I wouldn't be shocked to see Morrow back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Given how many chances they've given McGowan, I wouldn't be shocked to see Morrow back.
    Yes, but McGowan is pitching now and won't cost 10m next year to pitch out of the BP. I think you give him his million , shake hands and wish him good luck.

vCash
    I don't mind Morrow back, but as a reliever and for maybe $2 mil...

vCash
    Morrow will get more than $2M from someone. He'll probably get an opportunity to start as well. I don't know that you can give him $10M (Josh Johnson anyone?!?) but I think that he's likely to be a productive arm for someone next year, albeit in a limited role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Morrow will get more than $2M from someone. He'll probably get an opportunity to start as well. I don't know that you can give him $10M (Josh Johnson anyone?!?) but I think that he's likely to be a productive arm for someone next year, albeit in a limited role.
    Hmm you may be overrating him -- a 30 year old who's accomplished almost nothing and injury plagued ... maybe some lower tier team might consider $3 mil or so to be a starter (maybe someone like KC takes a chance)... but let's just say there won't be a major bidding war going on for him....

If morrow is offered more than $2 mil I won't be surprised but past $3 mil I'll be extremely shocked... then you know baseball is about to go to hell in a hand basket..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Hmm you may be overrating him -- a 30 year old who's accomplished almost nothing and injury plagued ... maybe some lower tier team might consider $3 mil or so to be a starter (maybe someone like KC takes a chance)... but let's just say there won't be a major bidding war going on for him....

If morrow is offered more than $2 mil I won't be surprised but past $3 mil I'll be extremely shocked... then you know baseball is about to go to hell in a hand basket..
    Josh Johnson got $8 million after not only being injured but also pitching like ****. So I don't get how $3 million is going to be so shocking

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Wow, that was unlucky.

vCash
    I have heard that Morrow would like to come back even if his option isn't picked up. Meaning accepting a big pay cut. I'd give him 2.5 and hope for the best in the pen. If we have a rash of injuries, I have no problem with him making some spot starts, and maybe with a rested arm and some motivation he could run with it.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have heard that Morrow would like to come back even if his option isn't picked up. Meaning accepting a big pay cut. I'd give him 2.5 and hope for the best in the pen. If we have a rash of injuries, I have no problem with him making some spot starts, and maybe with a rested arm and some motivation he could run with it.
    2012 out for 64 games
    2013 out for 107 games
    2014 60day DL

He is the one that will be part of that rash of injured pitchers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Josh Johnson got $8 million after not only being injured but also pitching like ****. So I don't get how $3 million is going to be so shocking
    That was because

a) He got that deal after one bad year. Morrow has pretty much had 2 straight injury prone years with an era over 5.

b) Johnson had much more pedigree than Morrow. What has Morrow exactly done? He had one good year and has been one of the most overrated pitchers in a long time. Johnson had 5 pretty consistent and solid years (though he was mostly injured in one)... Morrow.. hmm.. not so much of anything besides again one year.

So yeah I don't see what the interest in Morrow would be... He isn't worth $3 mil... people still see him on potential only, he hasn't done anything in the Majors to be paid that much...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Yes, but McGowan is pitching now and won't cost 10m next year to pitch out of the BP. I think you give him his million , shake hands and wish him good luck.
    The point being the Jays have invested much more in McGowan with less results. He pitched 21 innings in a span of 4 years. Again, don't be shocked to see Morrow back in some capacity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast