Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: PSD's Official #23 Player of All Time

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rick Barry

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

    7 17.07%
  • Bob Cousy

    0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

    2 4.88%
  • Kevin Durant

    1 2.44%
  • Patrick Ewing

    6 14.63%
  • Clyde Frazier

    0 0%
  • George Gervin

    2 4.88%
  • John Havlicek

    12 29.27%
  • Jason Kidd

    0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

    0 0%
  • George Mikan

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    0 0%
  • Scott Pippen

    5 12.20%
  • John Stockton

    4 9.76%
  • Isiah Thomas

    1 2.44%
  • Bill Walton

    1 2.44%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500

    PSD's Official #23 Player of All Time

    Before we get into it...

    There was a lot of controversy with this last poll. There was a lot of activity from a dupe (or multiple dupes) leading to inflated votes for Patrick Ewing. I think a mod corrected the poll, but regardless it was an issue.

    Because of this, I'm going to enact this rule (even though I didn't want to because it just adds more things for me to do):

    Only votes made from users with over 100 posts will count.

    Anyways, back to normality...


    Voting for #22 has concluded and PSD's Official #22 NBA Player of all time is....

    Dwyane Wade

    Voting

    Dwyane Wade 18
    Patrick Ewing 13ish
    John Stockton 5
    John Havlicek 3
    Scottie Pippen 3
    Elgin Baylor 3
    Isiah Thomas 2
    Clyde Drexler 2
    Rick Barry 1


    Clyde Frazier 0
    George Gervin 0
    Kevin McHale 0
    George Mikan 0
    Chris Paul 0
    Bob Cousy 0
    Kevin Durant 0
    Bill Walton 0


    The List:

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7#post28837457

    Per the usual, vote, explain and nominate.

    Jason Kidd has been added to the poll.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,933
    vCash
    1500

    PSD's Official #23 Player of All Time

    Now I think it's reasonable for Ewing to come off the board. Pippen isn't a bad choice either

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,415
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Now I think it's reasonable for Ewing to come off the board. Pippen isn't a bad choice either
    How Ewing now?

    http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...rick_ewing.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,933
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers247 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Now I think it's reasonable for Ewing to come off the board. Pippen isn't a bad choice either
    How Ewing now?

    http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...rick_ewing.htm
    Ewing was the superior defender, much more efficient and played against the greatest era of centers the game has ever seen

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,366
    vCash
    1500
    Kidd.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,366
    vCash
    1500
    Ew at Dwayne Wade. I just don't like sloppy players getting highest of recognitions. Besides Shaq. There's still some players who have mastered the game not picked. Wade is 50% slop 50% whistles. Clearly his game is not very polished when you see his decline he's having and will have.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,014
    vCash
    1000
    John Havlicek.

    13x allstar.
    Averaged about 29-9-7.
    6x nba champion
    1x finals mvp
    all-defensive teams

    Love his two-way game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,829
    vCash
    2502
    Havlicek, guys. Hondo was one of the greatest two way players of all-time and was the No. 1 offensive threat for multiple championship teams with completely different rosters. Baylor played in the same era and never won a single title with more than his fair share of talent around him. And I don't really want to get into the Ewing argument again.

    Here are some of Havlicek's highlights:
    Career 21/6/5 player in 16 seasons and 1,270 games with one team
    Career 22/7/5 player in the playoffs in 172 games
    13x All-Star
    11x All-NBA (four 1st, seven 2nd)
    8 consecutive All-Defensive teams (would have had more, but award wasn't created until 68-69)
    8x NBA Champion between 63 and 76 (including multiple titles as a No. 1)
    12th in career minutes played
    16th in career points scored
    28th in career assists
    13th in career DWS
    34th in career WS

    His advanced statistics admittedly are not that impressive compared to other guys on the list, but the overall resume speaks for itself. He might be the best two-way player still left on the board and he accomplished more and performed as well in the postseason as anyone still left.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,091
    vCash
    1894
    Going Baylor or Hondo here. Unless theres a good argument for someone else. McHale maybe...
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,415
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    John Havlicek.

    13x allstar.
    Averaged about 29-9-7.
    6x nba champion
    1x finals mvp
    all-defensive teams

    Love his two-way game.
    Who stats are those? He averaged like 21-6-4

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,415
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Havlicek, guys. Hondo was one of the greatest two way players of all-time and was the No. 1 offensive threat for multiple championship teams with completely different rosters. Baylor played in the same era and never won a single title with more than his fair share of talent around him. And I don't really want to get into the Ewing argument again.

    Here are some of Havlicek's highlights:
    Career 21/6/5 player in 16 seasons and 1,270 games with one team
    Career 22/7/5 player in the playoffs in 172 games
    13x All-Star
    11x All-NBA (four 1st, seven 2nd)
    8 consecutive All-Defensive teams (would have had more, but award wasn't created until 68-69)
    8x NBA Champion between 63 and 76 (including multiple titles as a No. 1)
    12th in career minutes played
    16th in career points scored
    28th in career assists
    13th in career DWS
    34th in career WS

    His advanced statistics admittedly are not that impressive compared to other guys on the list, but the overall resume speaks for itself. He might be the best two-way player still left on the board and he accomplished more and performed as well in the postseason as anyone still left.
    Very good points. I am fine with Hondo here also. I think him and Baylor should be the next two.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    classified
    Posts
    11,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Here are some of Havlicek's highlights:
    13x All-Star
    who were the other choices? aka rivals at the same positions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    11x All-NBA (four 1st, seven 2nd)
    see above

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    8 consecutive All-Defensive teams (would have had more, but award wasn't created until 68-69)
    see above

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    16th in career points scored
    against who?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    28th in career assists
    who were his teammates?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    13th in career DWS
    do you know how defensive win shares are calculated, what they mean about an individual and how they can be compared with other eras?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    34th in career WS
    do you know how win shares are calculated, what they mean about an individual and how they can be compared with other eras?

    I'm not arguing against Hondo here, him being out of the top 20 should be considered a crime against the sport, I'm arguing against this illogical nonesense everyone seems to be jumping on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,291
    vCash
    1500
    Easily Ewing. Until someone can explain why Robinson is so highly regarded here but Ewing isn't I'll keep complaining about it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tuscaloosa,AL
    Posts
    524
    vCash
    1500
    Iceman deserves some attention here.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,143
    vCash
    1613
    I find it genuinely insane that Wade went above a lot of these players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •