Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,025
    vCash
    1500

    Contender Series: Knicks vs Bulls

    People that are projecting to the future are ignoring some basic facts about playoff basketball.

    Matchups and adjustments to those matchups are key. As we saw in San Antonio vs Heat when you find a matchup that works and the other team has no answer they are done.

    People keep looking at paper rosters without thinking how they will actually play out on the court.

    I'm going to do a series of these matchup threads so we can discuss how the basketball will pay out (not like anything else is going on).

    So make your case for what the matchups will be, who will win those and why.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,063
    vCash
    1500
    Bulls aren't a "paper" team... they won 62 games when Rose was healthy and followed that up with a 50-16 season in the strike shortened season.

    They might take a while to gel, but assuming Rose is relatively healthy they are clearly the better team.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Bulls aren't a "paper" team... they won 62 games when Rose was healthy and followed that up with a 50-16 season in the strike shortened season.

    They might take a while to gel, but assuming Rose is relatively healthy they are clearly the better team.
    That may be true, but what has Chicago done in the playoffs?

    Contenders are focused on postseason. Regular season is only for seeding, home court and tuning up.

    How many games they won 2 seasons ago doesn't say how they will matchup.

    Rose has shown that he can be contained by solid team defense in playoffs. Who is their secondary playmaker? Noah? An agingGasol? Mike DDunleavy JR? One of their rookies?

    They have no clear second option or bench option and in the playoffs that becomes intensified.

    Rose is not a good defender, he's average. Heinrich is getting older. Butler is their only real defender on the wing.

    I think the games would be close, but Chicago would not be able to keep up on offense enough to win. I think Knicks would win in six or seven.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    That may be true, but what has Chicago done in the playoffs?

    Contenders are focused on postseason. Regular season is only for seeding, home court and tuning up.

    How many games they won 2 seasons ago doesn't say how they will matchup.

    Rose has shown that he can be contained by solid team defense in playoffs. Who is their secondary playmaker? Noah? An agingGasol? Mike DDunleavy JR? One of their rookies?

    They have no clear second option or bench option and in the playoffs that becomes intensified.

    Rose is not a good defender, he's average. Heinrich is getting older. Butler is their only real defender on the wing.

    I think the games would be close, but Chicago would not be able to keep up on offense enough to win. I think Knicks would win in six or seven.
    Noah and Gasol are two of the best passing big men in the league... I would gladly take either as our 2nd best player.

    This is just pure homerism, there is absolutely nothing to suggest NY could even have beaten last years CHI team WITHOUT Rose, Gasol, McDerm, or Mirotic... yet you're saying NY would beat them this year with all those guys?...lol

    Listen stranger things have happened and if NY played CHI I'd be watching and rooting for every game... but right now there's ZERO reason to think we could beat last years CHI team...let alone this years team!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,925
    vCash
    1500
    Bulls in six.

    That's me being generous, giving us two games.

    Welcome to the #tape

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,845
    vCash
    1500
    Lol Knicks have no chance vs the bulls

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Noah and Gasol are two of the best passing big men in the league... I would gladly take either as our 2nd best player.

    This is just pure homerism, there is absolutely nothing to suggest NY could even have beaten last years CHI team WITHOUT Rose, Gasol, McDerm, or Mirotic... yet you're saying NY would beat them this year with all those guys?...lol

    Listen stranger things have happened and if NY played CHI I'd be watching and rooting for every game... but right now there's ZERO reason to think we could beat last years CHI team...let alone this years team!
    Again, you are thinking in PAPER terms. You can only play FIVE players at a time on the floor. How they play together and how they matchup against the other team is the key.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Lol Knicks have no chance vs the bulls
    Again with these comments. Throw out an opinion without any support.

    Wow!

    Genius!

    Explain basketball wise and matchup wise why the Knicks have no chance.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,025
    vCash
    1500
    In their best season, with Rose, they finished 62-20 and got to the Eastern Conference Finals beating a young Indiana team and a perennial second round loser in Atlanta. Then they got wiped by a Miami team that needed a bunch of luck to barely beat San Antonio.

    And THAT Bulls team is better on paper, than what the Bulls will be this season.

    They had: Rose/Deng/Noah/Gibson/Korver/Boozer/Asik/KT40 etc.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,063
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Again, you are thinking in PAPER terms. You can only play FIVE players at a time on the floor. How they play together and how they matchup against the other team is the key.
    ANd what are you basing your opinion on? Because we didn't look good on paper OR on the court?

    You say CHI has no 2nd option... who;s OUR 2nd option? Gasol was 18 & 10 last year, he's a much better 2nd option than anything we have.

    You say who is their secondary playmaker... yet their 2nd AND 3rd and 4th playmakers are probalby better than our 2nd... we don't even have a 2nd really...

    You say Butler is their only wing defender... who is OUR wing defender? Shump? Butler is better than him... and the better question is, who's our INTERIOR defender that can match up with Noah?

    You say regular season is only for seeding, well what does it say about us?

    This thread is so bad it almost seems like you're trolling your own fan base...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Again with these comments. Throw out an opinion without any support.

    Wow!

    Genius!


    Explain basketball wise and matchup wise why the Knicks have no chance.
    D-Leethal I think I understand you now. lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East New York Brooklyn
    Posts
    11,094
    vCash
    1500
    If your talking about a straight 5 vs 5 then the bulls win

    Knicks Projected 5
    Jose
    Shump
    Melo
    Amare
    Dal

    Bulls Projected 5
    Rose
    Mcdermont
    Butler
    Pau
    Noah

    Knicks are horrible at penetrating point guards and our starting point guard is slightly worse on D then Felton

    Shump has to start just to make it tough on Rose

    Butler always makes it tough for melo but melo will get his

    Amare vs Pau is a toss up with one a better offensive player and much quicker and another a better defender and passer

    It all comes down to the center position and Noah is the best all around center in the league.
    "I'm an artist.

    Dolan focusing on his music career is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in 15 years.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,935
    vCash
    1500

    Contender Series: Knicks vs Bulls

    The bulls are the much better team. They play great team defense and we have no answer for Rose defensively. Pau and Noah are going to be scary up front on both sides of the ball.

    I think Chicago is the only real threat to the Cavs in the east.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,613
    vCash
    1500
    the bulls would win in 5 jc vs rose would kill us but tbh idc about us making noise in the playoffs this year the bulls have a 2 year window by adding pau by their 2nd year depending on who we get in 2015 we could end up being the better team but right now unless bargs and amare can both have comeback years we are fkd against the bulls this year

    ofcourse im only saying all of this if rose can stay healthy



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    1500
    Bulls in 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •