Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusney Castillo

vCash

Rusney Castillo

From what I understand, its basically down the the Yankee's, Red Sox, and Tigers for this guy. Since they have a huuuuge hole in CF (since Carerra stinks), they could really use him him. Revitalize their offense maybe?

vCash
    Wouldn't be surprised. We've been said to have interest in a a lot of the foreighn guys, but never enough to bid high. Since this guy actually fills a need we may go after him.

Rushing: 197 Carries, 726 Yards, 6 TD
    Receiving: 32 Catch, 309 Yards, 1 TD
    Fumbles: 3....

Number of weeks without a fumble: 3!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    From what I understand, its basically down the the Yankee's, Red Sox, and Tigers for this guy. Since they have a huuuuge hole in CF (since Carerra stinks), they could really use him him. Revitalize their offense maybe?
    Would not surprise me to see Rusney take a little less money and play in a homeland-type climate. I would have guessed the states of Texas, California and Florida have the edge.

vCash
    Maybe Dodgers weren't interested in a CF. They have a guy in the Minors who is really really good.

vCash
    Sure it's plausible! It's also plausible Rusney plays solely for the most money and years. That's what 90% of FA major leaguers do.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall the first time Castillo sees and feels snow in Boston. Has he ever wore a heavy jacket? Sure are a-lot of sacrifices when dealing with financial security......

C'mon over to Detroit Rusney. We don't have a Copa Cabana Club like New York or (maybe) Boston. But we do have LaCasa Cigar and Martini Pub, located on Randolph, walking distance from Comerica Park.

Ya' never know Rusney! Ricky Ricardo's grandson might pop-in there someday....... talking just like Lucy
    Last edited by DamusFucious777; 08-19-2014 at 12:04 PM.

vCash

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    They just need a big-time shake up. Past the deadline, so a potentially big bat is almost impossible to get via trade, so this will be their last chance this year to improve the lineup

vCash
    Would he be eligible to play this year?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion

Solo Tackles: 8
    Assists: 6
    Combined Tackles: 14
    Sacks: 1
    Forced Fumbles: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Would he be eligible to play this year?
    I don't think so. And even if he was there is no guarantee that he'd get here in time. It's very complicated getting Cuban players to America.

If anyone would like to read some details on how Cuban players are acquired read Puig's story..
    http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...g-journey-cuba

Basically if we were to win the bid, there is no way he'd be playing for us until next year. He may even need some time in the Minors.
    Last edited by lizardking13; 08-20-2014 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    He could play in the post season if he signs by August 31st. He would need some ABs in the minors since he hasn't played since the end of 2012, but apparently the Tigers and Giants view him as someone who could contribute in the post season

vCash
    I'm hearing that if we signed him and he gets a work visa before 31st then most definitely he can play this year. That's why I think its taking him so long to sign is because contending teams want to be sure he can play this season.

vCash
    Is is from ESPN:

It's expected that Cuban outfielder Rusney Castilo will be making his decision in the very near future as to what team he's going to sign a huge multi-million dollar deal with -- perhaps even by the end of the week.

According to ESPN.com's Buster Olney, "the bidding for Rusney Castillo is nearing an end, and on Tuesday, two evaluators guessed -- and that's all it is at this point, just guesses -- that he will wind up with the Chicago Cubs. Another said the Detroit Tigers, believing that the Tigers swapped Austin Jackson knowing they could find a quick fix in Castillo, who can play center field, among other positions."

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweeted that along with the Tigers, two teams that are also "in the mix" for Castillo appear to be the Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants. He mentions that none of the Cubs, New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies are "expected to place the high bid."

As Tigers beat writer Chris Iott notes, "It seems extremely likely that Castillo will sign by the end of August. A player does not necessarily have to be on an active major-league roster prior to Sept. 1 to be eligible to be included on a postseason roster, but he has to be in the organization prior to that date to be considered for a postseason roster."
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    We'll sign him to a 10 year $100 trillion contract and he'll never hit above .220 or play respectable defense. I'm already labeling him a bust.

vCash
    Our luck, we'll get the one ****** cuban dude.

vCash
    Apparantly the Red Sox will be signing Castillo.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast