Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Steve Ballmer Going Berserk At Rally. What Kind Of Owner Do You Expect Him To Be?

I'm thinking he may be a Mark Cuban on steroids type of owner. With much, much, much deeper pockets. Insanely passionate and outspoken. He said he will be court side every game. At the rally today he kept repeating that all he wants is MULTIPLE championships and will not stop providing resources to make sure that goal is accomplished.

http://instagram.com/p/r2jjTdhQFx/

http://www.foxsports.com/west/video/...d=319243844001

Full Ballmer speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U10FUI7W78
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-18-2014 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    hahahaah love his enthusiasm.

vCash
    Yeah he'll be the greatest ever and will perfect your already perfect team. I bet you ten-peat next season. Yep. In one season.

vCash
    "We're going to be bold. Bold means taking chances," he said. "We're going to be optimistic. We're going to be hard-core. Nothing gets in our way, boom! The hard-core Clippers, that's us."

"I'll boldly say the Clippers will win many, many more Larrys in the next 26 years than they did in the last 26," he said, referring to the Larry O'Brien trophy that goes to the NBA champion.

"I love Los Angeles," he said. "Yes, I live in Seattle. We're not moving the Clippers to Seattle for a hundred reasons."

Some key quotes.

vCash
    So... The seattle clippers coming soon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    So... The seattle clippers coming soon?
    He just said no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    He just said no.
    I was implying owners say **** all the time to make gullible fans cheer like idiots. Business comes first for all of these guys. Every single one.

It wouldn't be the first time an owner had lied about something.

But no, let's take everything he says as gospel. That's the logical thing to do.

vCash
    Ballmer: "No.. we are NOT moving the Clippers. For 100 different reasons. But I'm going to love beating the old Seattle team (OKC) in the first game of the year". LOL.

vCash
    I was implying owners say **** all the time to make gullible fans cheer like idiots. Business comes first for all of these guys. Every single one.

But no, let's take everything he says as gospel. That's the logical thing to do.
    Sure.. owners/front office execs lie, but if business comes first it would be incredibly STUPID to move a popular LA team that has sold out 150 straight games, has two of the top ten selling jerseys to freaking SEATTLE... you're crazy man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Sure.. owners/front office execs lie, but if business comes first it would be incredibly STUPID to move a popular LA team that has sold out 150 straight games, has two of the top ten selling jerseys to freaking SEATTLE... you're crazy man.
    Agree to disagree I'm afraid.

vCash
    I like this guy.. Haha lakers need to fix their disaster ownership next..

Your baby can't do this

vCash

Agree to disagree I'm afraid.
    If you disagree that Balmer is not moving the team I'm afraid you would be a terrible business man. Luckily for Clippers fans Balmer clearly is not!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    If you disagree that Balmer is not moving the team I'm afraid you would be a terrible business man. Luckily for Clippers fans Balmer clearly is not!
    Not saying he will. Never did. Disagreeing with the prospect of making more money as the second team in LA, fourth in Cali. Versus the only team in the basketball starved market of seattle.

Also. He might move it. Some day. No way of knowing for sure. I don't trust owners as much as some do obviously. But hey, I try to think with my head not my heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Not saying he will. Never did. Disagreeing with the prospect of making more money as the second team in LA, fourth in Cali. Versus the only team in the basketball starved market of seattle.

Also. He might move it. Some day. No way of knowing for sure. I don't trust owners as much as some do obviously. But hey, I try to think with my head not my heart.
    Well I'll never say never. Maybe in 110 years Seattle will be better market and Balmer will still be alive in some kind of Darth Vader suit. As for the 2nd team in LA/4th team in Cali thing. The Clippers are their own entity. The other 3 teams have no bearing on their value. He paid $2 billion for the name Los Angeles, not Clippers. The name Seattle is probably worth $500 mil. It's simple math really.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast