Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

JBjr down, Betts up

Brian MacPherson ‏@brianmacp 15m
    Farrell: Demotion of JBJ had been "talked about for a while now." Red Sox want to see shorter swing, better two-strike approach.

I was wondering if they would do this. JBjr is never going to improve if he doesn't make significant adjustments to his swing and approach. He was not making any changes in the majors. He needs to spend his time working on that without thinking about results. I don't know what made him decide to bail out for power. I remember the story about how when he was young he wouldn't take a swing in an at bat until he had 2 strikes, so he would learn how to hit with two strikes. He's completely gone away from his approach that made him successful.

Also, if Betts is a consideration for next years roster we need to see him play everyday and see where he is.

vCash
    Play him everyday this time.

vCash
    Wow, I'm actually surprised that the pulled the trigger on this. It's the right thing to do but I'm still surprised that it happened after all the "his defense is so good" spin all season. It could easily have been done months ago.

vCash
    His defense is so good that he still is not a negative despite the horrendous offense, if we were in the race we would keep him around as a defensive sub. This is about making him a better player. They wanted him to make the adjustments and changes at the major league level, but it hasn't happened. I've been thinking that there is no way he can improve without an offseason of work shortening his swing and bettering his approach. I guess this is a jump start on that. If he continues to do the same thing in the minors it won't help at all.

It seems like he has taken it well

@alexspeier 43m
    Bradley: 'I wasn't disappointed in going down. I was disappointed in myself.'

‏@alexspeier 42m
    Bradley: 'I've got to be accountable for myself and for the season. I didn't perform at the level I'm capable of'

‏@alexspeier 41m
    Bradley: 'My confidence has never wavered as long as I've got a breath in my body'

vCash
    He needs it and I think Bogaerts does too. They can say they haven't lost confidence but neither can recognize breaking stuff and Bogaerts has gotten worse at it which points directly to him being anxious/nervous. Bradley's having an identity crisis and is doing too much. I have plenty of faith in both of these guys though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    He needs it and I think Bogaerts does too. They can say they haven't lost confidence but neither can recognize breaking stuff and Bogaerts has gotten worse at it which points directly to him being anxious/nervous. Bradley's having an identity crisis and is doing too much. I have plenty of faith in both of these guys though.
    x2

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Maybe an extended Betts showcase for the Phillies or Marlins or some other team like the Reds with potential SP this off season

vCash
    JBJ went 0-for-5 with 2 Ks in return to Pawtucket

vCash
    Interested to see how Betts does with an extended look here if he gets to play every day. Have to imagine he is going to get a decent amount of games played through the rest of the season to showcase himself.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    His defense is so good that he still is not a negative despite the horrendous offense, if we were in the race we would keep him around as a defensive sub. This is about making him a better player. They wanted him to make the adjustments and changes at the major league level, but it hasn't happened. I've been thinking that there is no way he can improve without an offseason of work shortening his swing and bettering his approach. I guess this is a jump start on that. If he continues to do the same thing in the minors it won't help at all.
    I get WHY they did it but I'm still surprised by the timing. They easily could have done it at the trade deadline, all star break, before their 10-game road trip in June, etc. There were a lot of earlier, natural breaks in the schedule where JBJ could have gone down to AAA for the same reason and have had considerably more time to make the adjustments in a low-pressure environment. Making this move with basically two weeks left in the MiLB season (plus potential playoff games) struck me a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    JBJ went 0-for-5 with 2 Ks in return to Pawtucket
    I think the facepalm is a little over the top. Expecting instantly improved results when he's been on a bad trajectory is silly. FWIW, Speier gave him a generally positive review despite the line. He drove a ball to CF in his second (?) PA that was nearly a HR and he had some more compact swings. The Ks came in his last two PA when he swing lengthened.

vCash
    I think Bradley is done with eh Sox. If the offer for this Castillo is legit, The Sox could have a Cespedes, Castillo and then trade the farm for Stanton as an outfield.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #Wiggins/Parker/Smart

vCash
    Castillo's deal is north of 55 million, Cespedes should get around 5 years 75-85 million and Stanton would easily command 17+. Would be a very expensive outfield.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    I think the facepalm is a little over the top. Expecting instantly improved results when he's been on a bad trajectory is silly. FWIW, Speier gave him a generally positive review despite the line. He drove a ball to CF in his second (?) PA that was nearly a HR and he had some more compact swings. The Ks came in his last two PA when he swing lengthened.
    So from my facepalm symbol you assume I expected "instantly improved results"? Nope...it was joke because of how bad he's been. Still, it was discouraging to see that stat line from him, especially since he is actually on a somewhat upward trajectory (had 5 hits, 2 BBs and 2 RBIs in his last 5 games before getting demoted again, actually started hitting line drives again as well).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Castillo's deal is north of 55 million, Cespedes should get around 5 years 75-85 million and Stanton would easily command 17+. Would be a very expensive outfield.
    We have like 70-80 million to spend this offseason.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #Wiggins/Parker/Smart

vCash
    With the Yankees out on Castillo, wouldn't shock me if we followed. We haven't been to aggressive either in this market.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast