Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Alex Boone Problem

Just thought I would gauge NFL fans thoughts on the SF/Alex Boone standoff.

On one hand, you have a team who has said they will not negotiate with a player until he reports to the team.

You have a player that refuses to show up and is justifiably underpaid for his talent level.

Now according to Gil Brandt, the Niners have offered him a deal at one point or another that would make him one of the 12 highest paid Guards in the NFL and he declined.

So at what point do you say enough and trade him OR give in to his demands? Some find it a bad precedent to trade a guy because he holds out (basically any player could then force his way out of town), but others say to give him his money is also a bad road to go (then any player can do the same).

vCash
    What's your cap situation like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    What's your cap situation like
    Only about 7-8M left under the cap at the moment, a lot of contracts off the books next year, but Crabtree/Aldon/Iupati all in contract years so at least one if not two brought back under new deals. According to the site I use for our cap number, we're 10M over with 2015 salaries as well (cap obviously could go up).

vCash
    Sorry make that 5M over in '15

vCash
    How good is he? Really hope the Giants trade for him

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    How good is he? Really hope the Giants trade for him
    As a Guard? One of the better run blockers, grades out as a neutral pass blocker. As an OT, probably better pass pro while still run blocking really well. 6'8 300lbs, mobile for a bigger guy.

vCash

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Was just gonna post this. Niners are always looking for the add on contracts, if he wants to tear up his current deal, doubt it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Was just gonna post this. Niners are always looking for the add on contracts, if he wants to tear up his current deal, doubt it happens.
    I heard he wants 6.5 per year

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    It sucks because if they've asked him to show up before they'd consider he's clearly not doing any good by holding out, but in the same sense, if they feel like he's pretty important to their upcoming season (I'd say he certainly is) maybe you just bite the bullet and offer him a better deal. I don't know how he ranks among OGs, but any time you offer someone a contract and tell them it's a top 12 at their position it's going to leave a bad taste in their mouth. IMO either give him an extension or trade him off. I'd personally try to re-sign him and push for the SB this year because I think SF's window is closing unless Kaep takes off.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It sucks because if they've asked him to show up before they'd consider he's clearly not doing any good by holding out, but in the same sense, if they feel like he's pretty important to their upcoming season (I'd say he certainly is) maybe you just bite the bullet and offer him a better deal. I don't know how he ranks among OGs, but any time you offer someone a contract and tell them it's a top 12 at their position it's going to leave a bad taste in their mouth. IMO either give him an extension or trade him off. I'd personally try to re-sign him and push for the SB this year because I think SF's window is closing unless Kaep takes off.
    That's part of the problem, he won't take an extension reportedly, he wants them to tear up his current deal and get a new one. I'd like to keep him, but he's being a real Ahole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's part of the problem, he won't take an extension reportedly, he wants them to tear up his current deal and get a new one. I'd like to keep him, but he's being a real Ahole.
    Can u really blame him when hes a very good guard and is cheap?

49ers have to do something. Trade him, redo contract, cut him.
    Its kinda sad that the 49ers wont do anything with him. If they dont wantvto pay him.what he thinks hes worth trade to the best offer.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Can u really blame him when hes a very good guard and is cheap?

49ers have to do something. Trade him, redo contract, cut him.
    Its kinda sad that the 49ers wont do anything with him. If they dont wantvto pay him.what he thinks hes worth trade to the best offer.
    I mean yeah he's earned a pay day, but I mean, we've "supposedly" offered him a new deal in the form of an extension, but he's still digging in to get it in the structure he wants. I'm all for trading him at this point. The guy filling in isn't as good but capable, and we have more glaring guys to re-sign IMO. Feel like the Bucs, Falcons and Dolphins could use a guy who can play Guard and Tackle.

vCash
    Trade him to the Giants pronto
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Trade him to the Giants pronto
    What would they give up? Even with him being such a colossal pain right now, he's still valued by SF

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast