Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should The 49ers Bring Tebow To Town?

After watching the fist two preseason games it's more than obvious the 49ers don't have a viable backup. Gabbert's play is actually declining and Josh Johnson is more miss than hit. I personally feel like the 49ers would have a better shot at winning 1, 2 maybe 3 games if Kaepernick goes down for a while. Tebow would probably bring in a level of play we saw from Kaps worse games last season and the 49ers won a few while Kap was playing less than his best. All the 49ers need is a QB who can be a multi dimensional threat (works with the existing offense) and doesn't turn the ball over all the time. Tebow can work on turnovers and would have Harbaugh/George Whitfield to work with in San Fransisco.

At this point, if Kap goes down, we can consider all the games he misses a loss. That's not very comforting seeing part of his game is the run threat and having no viable backup QB will limit Kaps run threat making him more one dimensional. This season people are expecting Kap to stay in the pocket more, because of all the new WR weapons but he struggled with it last season and it would be better to have a viable back up in case the 49ers come to rely on Kaps running ability (likelihood of injury increases).

Opinions? Hell no to Tebow or hell yes anything is better than Gabbert? Do the 49ers need a viable backup in order for Kaepernick to play to his full potential? Is Tebow not even worthy of a backup position in the NFL?

vCash
    Will Tebow/Tebow threads ever go away?

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    I figured Josh Johnson would win it from Gabbert but he looked really jittery today and not much better last week.

As far someone other than me not ripping on Tebow for once

vCash
    No. Just stop.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Will Tebow/Tebow threads ever go away?
    Seriously though, other than being annoyed by Tebow. You know as well as the OP and me do, Tebow would not be worse than Gabbert, yet Gabbert is a #2 in the NFL right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    No. Just stop.
    Insightful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Seriously though, other than being annoyed by Tebow. You know as well as the OP and me do, Tebow would not be worse than Gabbert, yet Gabbert is a #2 in the NFL right now.
    There are so many better options than Tebow though.

He is not good.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    The media attention the guy gets simply isn't worth it. He is a distraction and these teams don't need that.

We do have a stud running game/defense, they'd just have to carry us until Kap returns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    There are so many better options than Tebow though.

He is not good.
    Like who? McLeod Bethel Johnson?

Why are these guys who AREN'T better options on teams and he's not. We can scream in collective annoyance with Tebowmania but deep down we know there's worse QBs getting shots.

But for real, who's sitting out available who's better?

If you really had to have a game played for your life, Gabbert/Josh Johnson/Mc Beth Jo/Tebow. You going to sit there and say you aren't taking Tebow *you will deflect on this like everyone does when presented with this. If you answer teh QBs better and I asked the same the thing, you would still take Tebow but you won't admit it because it makes "Tebow come back" or something by not pretending he's the worst NFL player of all time*

vCash
    No.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 18 | Yards: 292 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 16.2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    No.
    Yes

vCash
    yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yes
    No.

The "should Tebow be brought back" threads shouldn't be brought back either. I thought we were passed this.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 18 | Yards: 292 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 16.2

vCash
    Media distraction? Bill Belichick shut the daylights of that down when Tebow was in NE

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    No.

The "should Tebow be brought back" threads shouldn't be brought back either. I thought we were passed this.
    So you're mad about Tebow, not talking about he's a more viable option over Gabbert.

Thanks, just making sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast