Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Your perception on LeBron making teammates better.

What do you think about the topic now?

And If Wade and Bosh produces like superstars again and Love and Irving diminishes big time (Consider Love 18-10 and Kyrie 15-4 bot with worse metrics) what do you think about this then?

LeBron makes his team better no doubt but what about teammates?

vCash
    He turns them into jump shooting role players.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 35
    Yards: 452
    Tds: 8

vCash
    I don't see it. And his 2-3 record in the finals shows. Coaches coach against LeBron specifically. We see it in every finals he plays in. But his "fans" somehow don't see that.

vCash
    Lebron doesn't make the players around him BETTER in recent years. What he does is attract so much attention, that he makes it EASIER for his teammates. As said above.. he essentially relegates his teammates to spot up shooters. Not exactly hard for NBA level talent to stand in one spot and hit jumpers on kick outs.

vCash
    He made Chalmers look better than he is for every year he was in Miami except last year. And even though he's not a player he made Spolstra look a hell of a lot better than he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He made Chalmers look better than he is for every year he was in Miami except last year. And even though he's not a player he made Spolstra look a hell of a lot better than he is.
    Mike brown coach of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Mike brown coach of the year.
    You know what, I wouldn't be surprised! Haha

vCash
    PSD

vCash
    Lebron is 28/7/7, of course someone needs to score less. You can produce less and be better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    What do you think about the topic now?

And If Wade and Bosh produces like superstars again and Love and Irving diminishes big time (Consider Love 18-10 and Kyrie 15-4 bot with worse metrics) what do you think about this then?

LeBron makes his team better no doubt but what about teammates?
    If you are a ball dominant player and you play with Lebron you will see a lesser role playing next to him. He generally will make players around him better in that he will help improve the team's overall efficiency. Meaning he sets up players with open looks or gets them the ball in position to score after attracting/moving the defense.

Putting 3 offensive stars together will hurt them individually statistically with the raw numbers for sure. That will happen no matter what though since they now have to share with everyone. In the end the team will most likely be better off when he is initiating things so the other two players likely take even less responsibility than normal next to Lebron. So if you are a ball dominant player next to him you will not be made worse by Lebron as a player but you will have a smaller role than usual (offensively) and part of that will be playing off him (which can be hard to adjust to for some).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 08-17-2014 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Lebron doesn't make the players around him BETTER in recent years. What he does is attract so much attention, that he makes it EASIER for his teammates. As said above.. he essentially relegates his teammates to spot up shooters. Not exactly hard for NBA level talent to stand in one spot and hit jumpers on kick outs.
    Pretty much this. I can't think of many players that really were just plain improved players when playing with LeBron. Most good role players were good before/after being his teammate, and in most cases all-stars stats have gone down playing along side him (Boozer, Shaq, Jamison, Wade, Bosh).

The game does become easier due to the attention he demands or defensive recovery he provides. Though, I guess that's what people consider 'making teammates better'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Pretty much this. I can't think of many players that really were just plain improved players when playing with LeBron. Most good role players were good before/after being his teammate, and in most cases all-stars stats have gone down playing along side him (Boozer, Shaq, Jamison, Wade, Bosh).

The game does become easier due to the attention he demands or defensive recovery he provides. Though, I guess that's what people consider 'making teammates better'.
    Bad example he played one season with Boozer and he went from 10-7 rookie year to 15-11 and Shaq and Jamison were old and on the decline go peep their next season stats and they don't get any better playing without lebron. Clipfan nailed it though he gets so much attention he gets his teammates better looks.
    Get ya Popcorn ready

vCash

Your perception on LeBron making teammates better.

He makes average players better. Certain stars he can make better but other stars he makes into overpaid shooters like bosh last season

vCash
    He's not a point guard to elevate players stats, he scores 27-29 a game, he makes life easy for everybody else, extends there careers. Look at Mike Miller, he's sought out by many teams because LeBron loves him. He actually makes players Money on the long run after playing with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Yea, that's not a knock on Lebron or anything. I think you're right that it's pretty much the only way to "make" teammates better players. The only exception to this I can think of is elite playmaking PG's like Stockton/Magic/Paul etc. Lebron is an elite passer at SF (one of the best of all time, if not the best), but most of what he does in recent years seems to be drive and dish than pure playmaking like he did early in Cleveland (correct me if wrong Heat/Cavs fans).
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast