Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Re: Grop -- Impressed?

Coming from Eastern Illinois and looking as good as he has so far I have to be impressed by him.

At this early point it looks like the stage isn't too big for him but that isn't anything new. He was called the best player and named MVP of the East-West Shrine game with impressive poise and command in the pocket. He was then named as a Senior Bowl replacement and managed to be a standout player there. From what I read, he was put in without notice against the Eagles ones and responded like he has before...with poise and command.

The kid looks like he could have the nebulous "it" going on.

The only thing I'm not sure of against the Eagles is if he intended to throw to LaFell or Maneri on his 2nd TD but he still looked good either way...not perfect but surprisingly good.

He looks like a fit as a starter in the Pats offense...at some point...IMO of course.

vCash
    It's way too early for me to predict whether or not he can start post-Brady, but without a doubt at this stage of his career he looks strong. Like you said, he looks comfortable, poised in the pocket and is making quick decisions. There haven't been many bad passes thrown from him. But in the end, we're judging him off of some college play, word of mouth from camp and two preseason games amounting to 25 passes.

But up until this point, there certainly has been little to criticize him about and he's looked the part. I'll more or less leave it at that.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Jimmy G HYPE TRAIN COMING THROUGH

CHOOOO CHOOOO

I like him, I hope he keeps developing and becomes the future. It would suck to have to deal with a bad QB for years.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    3 games in and I'm very impressed. I made the mistake of not stepping back and thinking about the pick when we first selected him on draft day. Cursed the selection at first wanting more of a guy who would actually see the field and now I've eaten crow.

vCash
    Still room on the hype train guys
    🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Choo choo

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    3 games in and I'm very impressed. I made the mistake of not stepping back and thinking about the pick when we first selected him on draft day. Cursed the selection at first wanting more of a guy who would actually see the field and now I've eaten crow.
    BB often does that to people
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    Garoppolo has serious arm talent and is more than capable of making plays on the run. He also fits the offense much better than Mallett since Mallett's delivery has always created issues in the quick passing game (and his accuracy is meh over the middle and on shorter throws). I'm not ready to anoint Garoppolo yet, but I was a fan of the pick when it was made and believe he will eventually be a difference maker for the Pats.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    We'll see how he does with nerves when he knows he's starting...

Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start Thurs vs. Giants and play majority, if not all, of game, Bill Belichick confirmed through team spokesman.

vCash
    I'm pretty excited to watch him on Thursday!
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 0.00Pts: 0.0 Reb: 0.0 Blk: 0.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion