Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

It's put up prediciton time!

Let's go on record with our predictions for the rest of this season.

Under .500? Over .500? Closer to first or closer to last? Make the playoffs or not? How far do they go if they do?

No backing out or posting when season is over, 'I never really said that', after you find you were way off base (excuse pun).

You can't use any modifiers like, "It depends on how well Tanaka does' or 'it depends if the 3-4 hitters go on a tear'.

So let's have some fun and give our 'ALL KNOWING PSD BASEBALL PREDICTION' so we can show each other just how smart we are when the season ends. Maybe we can review the posts when the season is over and hand out the:

'MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE YANKEE FAN ON THE FORUM' award with all the bragging rights and honors that come with it.

I say under .500 and next to last.
    Last edited by 7chuck7; 08-17-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Here is what will happen: Jeter's hit and RBI last night are the turning point of the season. I believe we sweep the Astros, then we sweep the White Sox, then beat the Royals, then take 1 of 3 against the Tigers, and then take 2 of 3 against the Blue Jays to end the month on a 10 out of 12 streak.

We then play well enough during Sept. to grab the second wild card. In the one game playoff against the Angels, Tanaka pitches eight strong innings and the Yankees win the game 3-1. In the next round, the Yankees bats disappear again and the A's win in five games.

vCash
    Yankees win 93 games win the World Series/thread
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Here is what will happen: Jeter's hit and RBI last night are the turning point of the season. I believe we sweep the Astros, then we sweep the White Sox, then beat the Royals, then take 1 of 3 against the Tigers, and then take 2 of 3 against the Blue Jays to end the month on a 10 out of 12 streak.

We then play well enough during Sept. to grab the second wild card. In the one game playoff against the Angels, Tanaka pitches eight strong innings and the Yankees win the game 3-1. In the next round, the Yankees bats disappear again and the A's win in five games.

Just one question. How can they end the month winning 10 of 12 if they're losing two games to the Tigers and one to the BlueJays?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Just one question. How can they end the month winning 10 of 12 if they're losing two games to the Tigers and one to the BlueJays?
    They can't. My math sucks. They will win 10 out of 13.

vCash
    We have a make-up on Monday the 25th in Kansas City, remember.

vCash
    Prediction: Yanks finish with 87 wins, 4 games out of the playoffs.... because right now, they are having trouble getting out of their own way.

vCash
    Yankees go 22-18 the rest of the season to finish 85-77 and between 2.5-3.5 GB from the 2nd Wild Card.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Yankees go 22-18 the rest of the season to finish 85-77 and between 2.5-3.5 GB from the 2nd Wild Card.
    I think you are right on. Of course, I hope for better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I think you are right on. Of course, I hope for better.
    We all want better... but this team will win 7 of 8, then drop 5 straight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    They can't. My math sucks. They will win 10 out of 13.
    I was hoping you were going to be right but this team is turning horrible.

-- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    They will win 85 games and finish behind the Angels, Tigers and Mariners for the WC race (The Orioles will win the division with 91 wins).
    2014/2015 Yankees Offseason Checklist:
    - Sign a Shortstop
    - Sign a Third-Baseman
    - Sign a Starting Pitcher
    - Resign Robertson
    - Sign an IFA Cuban prospect
    - Get Rid of A-Rod's contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    They will win 85 games and finish behind the Angels, Tigers and Mariners for the WC race (The Orioles will win the division with 91 wins).
    Figured we should do a review of our picks three weeks after I started this thread. I don't think the 85 is looking too good but you have the 91 correct and then some. You nailed it with the Orioles.

I am doing pretty well myself having said the Yanks are looking horrible. If a big part of 2015 is getting ARoid back at third we might as well think about 2016.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Figured we should do a review of our picks three weeks after I started this thread. I don't think the 85 is looking too good but you have the 91 correct and then some. You nailed it with the Orioles.

I am doing pretty well myself having said the Yanks are looking horrible. If a big part of 2015 is getting ARoid back at third we might as well think about 2016.
    And I didn't see the Angels getting that hot and winning their division that easily I'll have to say. I think we are still on pace for 85 wins if we have a 10-6 record for the remaining games, which is not that far fetched.
    2014/2015 Yankees Offseason Checklist:
    - Sign a Shortstop
    - Sign a Third-Baseman
    - Sign a Starting Pitcher
    - Resign Robertson
    - Sign an IFA Cuban prospect
    - Get Rid of A-Rod's contract

vCash
    We're 76-73 this morning, so I'll go out on a limb and say we finish strong and end up 76-86.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast