Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Football View on TV

This has bothered me for a long time, it really seems to me that the sideline view that you are given on TV happens to be one of the worst ways to view the game.

Especially with the league becoming extremely pass happy, would it not be better to use a hovering camera to provide a madden like view that allows you to see all the plays developing pre and post snap?

vCash
    Kind of true.

People are used to seeing it that way. I once saw a network put up a game the way NBA live did it back in the day (like from one of the corners...and angle) and it just looked wrong after so many years of watching it through the side.

That said, yeah, I think it'd look good with an endzone to endzone view. But I think they feel that viewers won't be able to appreciate the long balls since the camera already has it in view.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Camera on quarterbacks facemask

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Camera on quarterbacks facemask
    I'm know you are just joking but I've seen the view on some of those QB cams and that would be gimmicky at best due to all the bouncing around they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I'm know you are just joking but I've seen the view on some of those QB cams and that would be gimmicky at best due to all the bouncing around they do.
    I wish we could do it for linebackers for some random replays. I think it would be neat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I've talked about wanting this before. I think someday it will be implemented and the shaky obstacle can be overcome to make it smoother. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpwHaQnRSY I'm not saying this technique is the answer, but I think it is possible.

vCash
    I prefer to see the game that way as oppossed to looking at it as if you were playing the game. I don't wanna play the game, I wanna watch the game.
    Last edited by CCRider; 08-17-2014 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    I preview to see the game that way as oppossed to looking at it as if you were playing the game. I don't wanna play the game, I wanna watch the game.
    But a view that goes end zone to end zone allows you to watch more of what is actually taking place in the game as opposed to seeing maybe 50% of what is going on at any given time.

I would love to be able to see real time how the routes are being run and the coverages that are being deployed against them.

I think it would allow for a much greater appreciation of all that goes on in any given play.

vCash
    you will soon see drones with cameras on them filming games

vCash
    A view from behind the play would be better to see things but I'm just so used to seeing it from the side that it would annoy the hell outta me. NFL probably knows if they did change it they would lose some viewers off the bat and as the old saying goes if it isn't broken don't **** with it.

vCash
    Keep the same view and just back the camera out a little. Now you have live all-22 film in HD with announcers. Yay. And stop zooming in on players pre snap too, I'm trying to see where players are lined up and stuff. I cant stand when they only pan back to the game view right as the play is being snapped. I want to watch FOOTBALL. Theres more to football than just the play. Presnap is just as much of the game.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    80% of football fans, the "casual fans", dont care about the X's and O's. They just want to see how pretty their quarterback is.