Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

14'-15' NBA season: best ever??

Basketball fans all over the world must be excited for this upcoming season. Seems like almost every teams fan base has a good reason to be interested. Here are just some of the stories to keep up with:

Lebron back in Cleveland
    Former MVPs are coming back from major injuries in rose and Bryant
    Melo trying to carry the Knicks
    Life after lebron for the heat
    The west trying to knock off the spurs in their last run for the title (presumably)
    East getting stronger with teams like the wiz and raps vastly improving
    A 1st pick being traded to minny
    Stacked draft coming up in the league
    Etc...

With all these story lines, you think this can be one of the most exciting seasons ever? And which story will you be paying attention to?

vCash
    Best ever.. Til 15'-16' then that will be the best ever

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I know this thread is getting buried, but the guy makes a few legitimate points. Will it be the best season ever? Who knows, because "best ever" is totally subjective. But I will say that the West is as competitive as it has ever been and the East should be a hell of a lot better and deeper than last season. Also, I seriously look forward to MVP battle between Lebron and Durant and the development of Anthony Davis. Plus, the Western Conference playoffs should be a blast and the East is going to be infinitely more entertaining.

The one thing that could feasibly make this season arguably one of the best ever is if Lebron and Durant could somehow meet in the Finals again. It's been a very, very long time since we've had the two best players in the entire league facing off against each other in the Finals. And the last time we had two potential top 10 all-time guys at the same position face off against each other in the Finals was in 1969 with Wilt and Russell.

I was begging for it to happen last year, and I'm just hoping we get to see that Lebron/Durant matchup in the Finals at least once more before Lebron falls out of his prime. It would be a treat.

vCash
    Every team this season has a reason to be excited. Well maybe not Utah lol.

vCash
    I don't know if it could be the best ever, but I'm honestly more excited for the start of basketball than I've ever been before because the Raptors seem to finally have something going for them now. They have a vision, a direction -- a core group of players dedicated to the team -- smart managing, marketing and advertising.

As a fan of the NBA, all the story lines monzternipz12 put down are reasons to be excited. But it's a shame Paul George got injured. The Central Division would have been at its best since the 2006-07 season. As the EC is seemingly stronger and deeper now, you can't be so sure about the Pacers even making the playoffs...

vCash
    I think out prediction and excitement will tell us that every year. I'm excited but it's impossible to tell until the season happens. Injuries ruined last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monzternipz12 View Post
    Every team this season has a reason to be excited. Well maybe not Utah lol.
    They can be excited for Jahlil Okafor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    They can be excited for Jahlil Okafor
    You're right. I forgot about him

vCash
    I just wanna see Derrick Rose play a full season + playoffs again

vCash
    Looks like there'll be a ton of parity this season at least.

vCash
    no.