Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What if the Braves do not make the playoffs?

With the recent skid questions have to answered. Plans must be put into place. So I ask you Braves Country, what is the way ahead?

Does Freddy get fired? This will be the second collapse he has been the skipper for.

Do the Upton brothers or just BJ get traded in August? This would free up cash to improve the team.

Does Santana get traded in August to reap some type of compensation for not resigning?

Do Beachey and/or Medlen get non-tendered in the off season?

Just food for thought.

vCash
    FG won't go anywhere, I am starting to think he just can't lose his position period. I would say it would have to be VERY drastic for him to lose his job, like win only 10 more games rest of the season drastic.

Do not see us trading Justin unless we get an offer we can not refuse, but I don't see us shopping him. BJ will have to improve his play for us to not trade him and get the derek lowe treatment.

Santana has been 2nd/3rd best pitcher for us so I see know way he gets traded unless we end up 10+ games behind division and WC.

Beachy and Meds should be an afterthought to everyone until they can show signs of health.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deca_x View Post
    With the recent skid questions have to answered. Plans must be put into place. So I ask you Braves Country, what is the way ahead?

Does Freddy get fired? This will be the second collapse he has been the skipper for.

Do the Upton brothers or just BJ get traded in August? This would free up cash to improve the team.

Does Santana get traded in August to reap some type of compensation for not resigning?

Just food for thought.
    Fredi will be on the hot seat in my opinion, BJ will get traded and Jupton is a possibility but not likely, Santana won't get traded he give us a better chance to compete and we will get a compensatory pick in the draft when he is offered a qualification deal in the offseason (if he chooses to accept it then i'ts also okay), Beachy will be tendered a contract since he isn't winning big money, Medlen will be non-tendered I wish we can bring him back for a lower salary but it will be tough since there will be plenty of teams interested in his service.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deca_x View Post

Just food for thought.
    I don't think they should trade Justin

vCash
    Justin should be traded he is one year from free agency and is not worth the 15 to 20 mil per year he is going to demand and some dumb gm like frank wren will give it to him

vCash
    I would rather pay a mid-20's player that amount than a 30+ player who will never have a chance at being worth the value of the contract. (Not that this makes it a good signing, just comparatively better)

vCash
    Here is what I do trade Jhey, Jup, Gattis, BJ and rebuild for a few years and be ready for when the new park opens

vCash
    I wonder if trading a cheap, good hitter (Gattis) with an over-priced, bad hitter (BJ) would net a worthwhile return.

Traded to an AL team Gattis could DH and be backup catcher and BJ could be a 4th OF or even a C.F. that bats 9th.

vCash
    I am more concerned with our situation at the 5 spot and 3B.
    I hope C Johnson just had an off year. We knew he was going to strike out a lot but not in such key moments.
    I really think we need to beef up behind our 3/4 hitters. Man I can't believe we signed Johnson for 3 more years.

vCash
    I also wish we hadn't signed Chris to an extension but that's mainly because I'm excited about Kyle Kubitza and think he could be great!
    ]

vCash
    Team needs a shake up, don't think we need to go into major rebuild mode but a shake up for sure.

vCash
    I am not sure how much you can shake thing up without a major rebuild. Trading Gattis and Jhey or Jup would be a major rebuild because no team is going to trade you players ready right now that are good. your most likely going to get prospects. The farm system is also toilet paper thin on talent so outside of peraza your not going to get much help from the farm.

vCash
    Braves need to find a 3B, whole new outfield unless you resign Jup or Jhey or both and at least one SP