Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pittsburgh Steelers Season thread (rumors, injuries, all non game specific info.)

Discuss

vCash
    I think adding Shazier, Mitchell and Tuitt make our defense better than last year.

I think this offense is primed for a top 8 season with all the weapons we have and Ben is going to have a career year.

I honestly think we take the division this year. I can't wait for Week 1

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    I strongly believe we take the division. I think we are in for a great year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    I strongly believe we take the division. I think we are in for a great year.
    I really hope so. So far so good, we have plenty of things to keep working on but I like the progress we are making.

vCash
    The pieces are on place.

This offense averaged 28 points per game through the final half of the season while missing Pouncey, before hiring Munchak, and with Heath still recovering from his torn ACL. Looks like Wheaton and Sanders are a wash at worst, if anything else Wheaton is an improvement, and Moore and Cotchery are a wash.

Defense, the issues were inside linebacker and safety. No coincidence that those were our 1st round pick and prize free agent signing, respectively. Tuitt and Thomas already look to be better than Hood.

My only concern is OLB. I still don't trust Worilds, we'll have to see Jarvis for more than one preseason game, and while it's great to see camp guys play much better than expected during preseason...it's still just preseason. I'm not 100% convinced about our depth.

vCash
    My #1 concern (actually had a nightmare about it last night lol) is what we are going to do with all these linebackers.. who do we keep?

OLB- Jones, Worilds
    ILB- Shazier, Timmons

Backups fighting for a spot: Moats, Williams, Chris Carter, Spence, Howard Jones, So'oto, Zumwalt, Garvin

All these guys have proven themselves this preseason that they can play, and are valuable to our team. Its going to be really sad to let so much talent go. Really dont know what to do here.

Personally id keep Moats, Williams, Spence for sure. Maybe Chris Carter is expendable with the addition of Moats, we go younger someone with more potential like Howard Jones.

Then Howard Jones, So'oto, Zumwalt, Garvin to battle it out. Probably stash 2 of them on practice squad.

We better not cut Zumwalt. Even though hes yet to register a play on special teams (completely boggles my mind) we saw how during the Giants game he was around the ball EVERY play, and even helicoptered their one running back. Losing him despite his injuries/lack of ST play would be a giant mistake. So'oto and Jones have been quite the dynamic duo together late in games, and Garvin is a special teams stud.
    Last edited by SenecaValley46; 08-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    I forget who it was, but someone tweeted during the preseason game something like "He doesn't always go the right way at the right time, but when he finds the ball, Zumwalt hits the ball." Idk, I thought it was kind of funny.

I remember last preseason being completely blown away by the linebacker depth. Williams, Garvin, Kion Wilson, Adrian Robinson and Alan Baxter were all so good. Made one of them, Robinson, trade-able. While this year's crop has been good, I don't know if the deepest depths have seemed as dominant as last year's to make one of them trade bait.

And then both Robinson and Baxter (I was hoping we'd finally give up on Chris Carter and go with Baxter) go on to do nothing with their new teams so I felt a tiny bit better. But still. Dominating the opposing team's 3rd stringers just means you're only, at worst, a 2.5 stringer. I'd like to give one of So'oto, Zumwalt or Hojo the job over Carter, but I won't be overly worried about the remaining two. And this job is 4th OLB behind Worilds, Jones, and Moats so it's not like it's an overwhelmingly huge deal anyway. Hell, maybe even Shazier or Spence would come in after Moats but before the fourth guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I forget who it was, but someone tweeted during the preseason game something like "He doesn't always go the right way at the right time, but when he finds the ball, Zumwalt hits the ball." Idk, I thought it was kind of funny.

I remember last preseason being completely blown away by the linebacker depth. Williams, Garvin, Kion Wilson, Adrian Robinson and Alan Baxter were all so good. Made one of them, Robinson, trade-able. While this year's crop has been good, I don't know if the deepest depths have seemed as dominant as last year's to make one of them trade bait.

And then both Robinson and Baxter (I was hoping we'd finally give up on Chris Carter and go with Baxter) go on to do nothing with their new teams so I felt a tiny bit better. But still. Dominating the opposing team's 3rd stringers just means you're only, at worst, a 2.5 stringer. I'd like to give one of So'oto, Zumwalt or Hojo the job over Carter, but I won't be overly worried about the remaining two. And this job is 4th OLB behind Worilds, Jones, and Moats so it's not like it's an overwhelmingly huge deal anyway. Hell, maybe even Shazier or Spence would come in after Moats but before the fourth guy.
    But these guys can play. I think these guys I've mentioned have potential to start in this league down the line, or at the very least dominate special teams. I think we have to be very careful on who we decide to keep so we aren't going to be the Ravens every time they had to play against James Harrison. (Obviously not predicting a James Harrison of this crew but you understand the point I'm trying to make)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    But these guys can play. I think these guys I've mentioned have potential to start in this league down the line, or at the very least dominate special teams. I think we have to be very careful on who we decide to keep so we aren't going to be the Ravens every time they had to play against James Harrison. (Obviously not predicting a James Harrison of this crew but you understand the point I'm trying to make)
    I was thinking the same thing about players like Baxter and Robinson last year. But dominating the opposing team's 4th string only means that you're good enough for 3.5th string, doesn't guarantee being great. Not even down the line. And even then, it's whatever. Happens to every team. I don't care how good John Kuhn is, I don't even care about how good Kraig Urbik was for a year or two in Buffalo.

And we also cut Harrison twice.

vCash
    If the Seahawks cut Pryor id rather have him be our #3 then Landry Jones

vCash
    Looks like we just signed Gilbert to a 5 year extension...no word on the terms yet.

vCash
    5 years 30 million. **** our lives. Been below average his entire career. Sounds like another Colon and Kemo deal. Would've much rather seen that money invested into DeCastro.
    Last edited by SenecaValley46; 08-19-2014 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Holy ****, that seems like a lot of $$$ for Gilbert.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    The Steelers senr me a text saying 6 years?

vCash
    Its way too much money for him. But this doesn't surprise me. Maybe even though his play hasn't been good, they value the fact that hes only missed 1 start.

Just wish we would value the guy playing next to him that picks up his slack. If DeCastro has another big year hes going to be a total nightmare to resign. While RT's are one of the lowest valued positions to sign beyond RB.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast