Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb NY KNICKS Knicks' Carmelo Anthony Takes $62 Million Advance

Knicks' Carmelo Anthony Takes $62 Million Advance
    Star Forward Takes 50% of $124 Million Deal

New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony is getting advance payment of more than $62 million from the five-year contract he signed last month, according to people familiar with the matter.

The advance for $62,032,340—or 50% of his $124 million-plus deal—is the maximum Anthony can take this soon under league rules. And in terms of sheer dollar amounts, it is surely among the largest advance payouts a player has taken in NBA history. Only Kobe Bryant, Jermaine O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Rashard Lewis have ever signed contracts for larger amounts.

Anthony's advance will have no impact on the Knicks' salary-cap situation. It simply changes the timing of when the 30-year-old will receive his biggest paychecks over the course of the contract.

Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

While the $62 million figure is unique, Anthony wouldn't be the first player to take a 50% advance on his contract. Knicks swingman J.R. Smith—who is also represented by Rose—did the same thing last summer, when he took half the money from his new, nearly $18 million contract upfront.
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/knick...nce-1408146976

Interesting.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    Dam

vCash
    Ballin

vCash
    Broke soon

vCash
    This is amazing for Melo and bad for Dolan.

Melo pretty much got everything he wanted in contract negotiations. Lol, what's 5 million less than the max when you get 3X the max in a lump sum.

Go invest the **** out of that money Melo.

vCash
    Maybe this could be positive knicks could do this with other fa?

vCash
    ^^^ dolan is probably making more than that each year off melo so he doesn't give a ****. dudes worth billions. he be like, don't spend this all in one place melo.

vCash
    It's been fixed.

It's not 50% of the total contract! but 50% of the annual contract.

So...half of 22.5 is 11.25 before the season even starts and then the other 11.25 will be spread out throughout the season.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    I'm guessing it has something to do with his off-court business ventures. Melo "gets it" and I highly doubt he is wasting through his cash.

vCash
    This is just yellow journalism at its finest. The point of the article is inflammatory. As an athlete, like many of his cohorts, he is a young black man - who the media wants to characterize as irresponsible and associated with thug behavior.

The article tries to paint a picture of Melo. Make a suggestion about his character, that is contrary to what we already know.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    This should not be a article or a thread. Journalism at it's worst. This has no bearing on salary cap or the team.

vCash
    Wo cares how he gets pay. It doesnt matter if they give him trucks load of nickels or a $60M check, he's gon get his $124M regardless. Didn't Kobe received his whole annual salary at once last season.

Most NBA players get pay bi-weekly, but you can get pay however u want as long as its negotiated during the contract negotiation

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Broke soon
    Doubt it. Melo isn't one of those players that go broke after playing. He's a business man.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    Money Melo is at it again

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Shouldn't give a forum for irresponsible journalism. Amateur journalism should be ignored. I vote to close thread because of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast