Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Prediction Machine 2014

PredictionMachine.com has simulated the NFL season 50,000 times to determine who the "Predictalator" says will lift the Vince Lombardi Trophy at season's end. Despite the Seahawks' 43-8 win in last year's Super Bowl, PredictionMachine.com has Denver beating the defending champions this time around ... something most football fans will find puzzling. According to the simulations, the Denver Broncos win this season's Super Bowl 52.9 percent of the time, this time avenging the Seahawks by a 24-23 score.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...174005966.html

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Cool.

vCash
    I predict the prediction machine will be wrong. I asked myself 100 times, and 100 times I agreed on that notion.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I predict the prediction machine will be wrong. I asked myself 100 times, and 100 times I agreed on that notion.
    This. Of all the pointless things. This takes the cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    PredictionMachine.com has simulated the NFL season 50,000 times to determine who the "Predictalator" says will lift the Vince Lombardi Trophy at season's end. Despite the Seahawks' 43-8 win in last year's Super Bowl, PredictionMachine.com has Denver beating the defending champions this time around ... something most football fans will find puzzling. According to the simulations, the Denver Broncos win this season's Super Bowl 52.9 percent of the time, this time avenging the Seahawks by a 24-23 score.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...174005966.html
    Seattle seems like they got worse (not significantly) on paper and Denver is getting like 7 starters back including Clady, Miller and Harris while improving in FA with Ware, Ward and Talib. It'd be kinda like losing Sherman or Bennett plus Chancellor and then a significant part on the offense. I'm not sure the Seahawks would've beaten the Broncos by 35 if they played twice last year, but I do believe they would've won by 10+ and I won't deny they had the better team. But I don't think it's that baffling to think that the Broncos could beat them this year. Perhaps I'm being a homer a bit though I think you're susceptible as well. Luckily we'll get to see the talent disparity week 3.

But I do agree that the predictor isn't much other than some fun fluff.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 08-15-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Poor grammar and amending

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Seattle seems like they got worse (not significantly) on paper and Denver is getting like 7 starters back including Clady, Miller and Harris while improving in FA with Ware, Ward and Talib. It'd be kinda like losing Sherman or Bennett plus Chancellor and then a significant part on the offense. I'm not sure the Seahawks would've beaten the Broncos by 35 if they played twice last year, but I do believe they would've won by 10+ and I won't deny they had the better team. But I don't think it's that baffling to think that the Broncos could beat them this year. Perhaps I'm being a homer a bit though I think you're susceptible as well. Luckily we'll get to see the talent disparity week 3.

But I do agree that the predictor isn't much other than some fun fluff.
    Not sure who you're talking to in the bolded. The text in the article was created by Kristian R Dyer of the Metro New York news paper.

I don't think either he or I are Seahawks homers.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Not sure who you're talking to in the bolded. The text in the article was created by Kristian R Dyer of the Metro New York news paper.

I don't think either he or I are Seahawks homers.
    No, sir, not the author. I remember a handful of posts last year that made me think you're a Seahawks fan, but it appears not so much. My fault. You're a Bills fan?

vCash
    Other predictions that are interesting:
    Saints the top team in the NFC
    Giants and Eagles in the playoffs
    Houston in the playoffs

AFC:
    Denver
    New England
    Indianapolis
    Cincinnati
    San Diego
    Houston

NFC:
    New Orleans
    Seattle
    NY Giants
    Green Bay
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia

The only crazy thing on that list is the Giants.

While it isn't a perfect tool (because the NFL has a lot of luck in it) it did come decently close last year. It predicted 49ers (20.1%) versus Broncos (14.6%), and had only the Packers (10.5%) additionally ahead of the Seahawks (7.2%) in the NFC. If Rodgers hadn't gotten hurt, things could have gone that way.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    No, sir, not the author. I remember a handful of posts last year that made me think you're a Seahawks fan, but it appears not so much. My fault. You're a Bills fan?
    Born and raised in Buffalo NY. Never even been to Seattle. I do think they're better than the 49ers, until we see Kaep show that he can actually use WR talent. He'll have at least 3 #1 WRs this year, so no excuses.

Edit: But anyway, as I offered no comments in my original post and merely quoted the article, there is absolutely no excuse for name calling. The author asserting that it is puzzling that the Seahawks would lose is a note that the opinion held by most fans and analysts is that they are the best team in the league.

Rule changes may hurt their chances, no idea how that was factored into this sim, if it was at all.
    Last edited by Bullseyed; 08-15-2014 at 11:20 AM.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Last post for now on this:

Their 32 team ranking is:
    1 Broncos
    2 Seahawks
    3 Saints
    4 49ers
    5 Pats
    6 Packers
    7 Cardinals
    8 Eagles
    9 Giants
    10 Colts
    11 Bengals
    12 Redskins
    13 Chargers
    14 Vikings
    15 Panthers
    16 Rams
    17 Lions
    18 Falcons
    19 Ravens
    21 Bears
    22 Bucs
    23 Steelers
    24 Chiefs
    25 Fins
    26 Cowboys
    27 Titans
    28 Browns
    29 Bills
    30 Jets
    31 Raiders
    32 Jags

The only things I really see on there is Bears too low (they say their D sucks), Vikings too high, Chiefs too low, Giants too high. Swap those 4 teams around with the Bears at 9, Vikings at 24, Chiefs at 14 and Giants at 21 and I'd be pretty happy with it.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Born and raised in Buffalo NY. Never even been to Seattle. I do think they're better than the 49ers, until we see Kaep show that he can actually use WR talent. He'll have at least 3 #1 WRs this year, so no excuses.

Edit: But anyway, as I offered no comments in my original post and merely quoted the article, there is absolutely no excuse for name calling. The author asserting that it is puzzling that the Seahawks would lose is a note that the opinion held by most fans and analysts is that they are the best team in the league.

Rule changes may hurt their chances, no idea how that was factored into this sim, if it was at all.
    Truth be told, I didn't actually click the link and assumed the original text in the first post was yours as the paragraph provided didn't appear to be professionally written, but out of something like PSD. That isn't the case, so my apologies.

vCash
    Your predictions are worse than the machine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Oh snap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I've been right before, just not often.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    I've been right before, just not often.
    Do you have a chart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast