Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Muggsy Bogues Appreciation Thread

One of the things that always amazed me about John Stockton was not just his incredibly high assist-per-game averages, but also his assist-to-turnover average, which sat at an impressive 3.75. For every turnover Stockton committed, he handed out 3.75 assists.

Looking at the current elite point guards in the NBA, Chris Paul has a ratio of 4.1 (amazing) and Rondo has 3.0 (still very impressive). In his best year, Jose Calderon posted 4.4 and sits at 4.0 on his career.

As amazing as these guys are though, Muggsy Bogues, who stood at 5'3 and managed a career longer than most first-round picks (14 years), 4.75 on his career, and once managed to average OVER 10 assists a game and LESS than 2 turnovers for an A/T ratio of 5.9! That is almost SIX ASSISTS for every turnover!

I just think that is an amazing accomplishment that goes unrecognized by most.

Do you guys think this is an underrated accomplishment? Will a ratio like that every be matched with that volume of assists? And is there a statistical accomplishment that you think a play achieved that doesn't get recognized for? Something like Ben Wallace finishing his career with more blocks than fouls and more steals than turnovers, or perhaps Moses Malone's consecutive games without fouling out?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Wow, that is impressive. Makes me wanna watch old Hornets games with young Zo, Dell Curry and Grandmama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LayZbone:28929519
    Wow, that is impressive. Makes me wanna watch old Hornets games with young Zo, Dell Curry and Grandmama!
    Hersey Hawkins is a legend.

vCash
    Always loved Muggsy, still do. There will never be anyone else quite like him. Incredibly skilled player regardless of size.

vCash

Muggsy Bogues Appreciation Thread

That is amazing indeed

vCash
    I remember live when he took it to Jordan one game, definitevely on a few plays head to head out a little past the three point line.

At 5'3 Mugsy was just ridiculous.

vCash
    Imagine if Muggsy was a foot taller. Dude would have definitely been elite. He was crazy good and entertaining to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LayZbone View Post
    What you know about grandmama

vCash
    Muggsy was a great player and a pest! back in the day I kept hearing that he could dunk, but never got to see any video clips of him dunking (mostly because there wasn't youtube) You know what? I am going to go over to youtube right now and see if there is video of him dunking, hold on...OK, so I never saw any but that would be incredible if he could dunk at 5ft3.

vCash
    loved that oompa-loompa

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Charlotte was my favorite team to play NBA Jam with.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Charlotte was my favorite team to play NBA Jam with.
    haha, mine too

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    best inch for inch player in the history of the NBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    best inch for inch player in the history of the NBA!
    Probably one of them , for me it was Nate Archibald , " Nate the skate with a touch of create " actually lead the NBA in points and assists in the same season , loved watching Muggsy though and at 5 foot 3 inches Nate did have 10 inches on him at 6 foot 1 inch .

vCash
    Loved Muggsy. I remember Patrick Ewing saying that Muggsey was the toughest guy to move since he was so strong and low to the ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast