Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (63-56) vs. Padres (57-62) Aug 14-17

San Diego Padres @ St. Louis Cardinals
    Thursday, August 14, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Eric Stults, LHP

Stults has been very good his last two times out, allowing one earned run over a combined 12 2/3 innings, with that one run coming the last time out in a road win in Pittsburgh. His backdoor slider has become more of a weapon for him of late.
    John Lackey, RHP

Lackey's second start for the Cardinals was a forgettable one, as he allowed nine runs for the first time since 2011 and served up three homers. He is in the clear, though, knowing that he will not have to face another AL East team this season.
    Friday, August 15, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Tyson Ross, RHP

Ross picked up his 11th win his last time out against the Pirates, and he has now logged 10 consecutive games of six or more innings while allowing two or fewer earned runs since June 21, matching the club record for such consecutive starts.
    Lance Lynn, RHP

For the first time since June, Lynn allowed more than two runs and pitched fewer than six innings in his start Sunday. Still, Lynn continues to be one of the Cardinals' most durable pitchers and has the third fewest HR/9 IP allowed among NL starters.
    Saturday, August 16, 6:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Jesse Hahn, RHP

Hahn is getting closer to the finish line of his rookie season in the big leagues, as the Padres want to keep him under 140 innings between his work with San Diego and his earlier stint in the Minor Leagues. He's at 104 2/3 innings.
    Shelby Miller, RHP

In his previous 18 2/3 innings, Miller had allowed just five runs. But on Monday against the Marlins, he matched that in five innings. Although he struck out five, he gave up two walks and eight hits, including a pair of homers to Giancarlo Stanton.
    Sunday, August 17, 1:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Odrisamer Despaigne, RHP

Adam Wainwright, RHP

In Tuesday's loss in Miami, Wainwright worked around some early trouble only to get knocked around for an RBI single and a two-run homer in the fourth. But he settled down enough to throw a total of 88 pitches in his seven-frame outing.
    Last edited by redbird89; 08-14-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Ugh.. Rosenthal..

vCash
    I think Trevor has hit a wall.. He's been shaky as of late..

vCash
    Never an easy inning for Rosenthall.

vCash
    So he's going to leave him in huh..

vCash
    He's been pretty shaky all year but he went through a good stretch then Matheny rode him like he had an indestructible arm. Pretty ridiculous

Can't stand Matheny. I would be terrified of career ramifications if I was Rosenthal

vCash
    Tough to watch Rosenthal. Should've scored a few more in the 8th. Then they wouldnt have been in that situation. Glad to see Jay hitting the ball. At least someone is.

vCash
    I had to watch the san diego padre feed today, and they seemed like such bitter homers. I don't often listen to them, but they kept going on and on about Pierzynski going after the runner a second time, as if it is an admission of guilt.

I have seen that play several times where the catcher chases the runner down after getting him on the first pass. The reason being because you are instructed to do so, until you can clearly get the call from the umpire.

It sucks to lose a game that way though, I feel for the Padres, but they have been playing really well lately
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    AJ is a guy people love to hate because he's so competitve. It's just a natural act for him. I love his demeanor and his attitude. Rosey notched the save alittle shaky but atleast he got the job done.

vCash
    The umpire created the whole situation by making a half call

If you're making a call you have to make a deliberate and for sure call

vCash
    An anonymous scout believes the nationals would trade Bryce Harper

A lot of people don't like him for some reason but I would absolutely take to play CF. Here's more than capable. Young. Very good player who so many hate for whatever reason. Including his manager

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    An anonymous scout believes the nationals would trade Bryce Harper

A lot of people don't like him for some reason but I would absolutely take to play CF. Here's more than capable. Young. Very good player who so many hate for whatever reason. Including his manager
    Taveras for Harper and Strasburg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Taveras for Harper and Strasburg?
    Haha no way.

Peter Bourjos for Harper, Gonzalez and Strasburg lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Haha no way.

Peter Bourjos for Harper, Gonzalez and Strasburg lol
    Then trade Robinson for Stanton and we're set..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Then trade Robinson for Stanton and we're set..
    We would be getting ripped off. Robinson for Stanton and Fernandez. We take all the risk. Who knows if Fernandez recovers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast