Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which teams are underrated and overrated for the upcoming season?

Overrated: Wizards
    underrated: Hornets

Personally, I think the Charlotte Hornets are a team that a lot of people are sleeping on. They're a helluva good defensive team, and hopefully with big al being healthy and the addition for Stephenson and continued development of Walker, that team can make some noise. I noticed a lot of folks putting them very low in mock standings and I didnt understand why.
    In addition to Stephenson, they also got Noah Vonleh, who I thought would've been a top 5 pick, slipping all the way to 9th. I think Exum and Aaron Gordon Went way too high.

As for overrated, I Hope this topic wont create too much of a negative discussion, but I think the Washington Wizards are a tad overrated from mocks posted by others and ESPN. Washington is a young team and they have some solids vets and a well rounded starting 5. However, I think although they were underrated against the bulls in the playoffs and came off of their winning series, that they shouldnt be regarded as a top 4 team. I'm not saying they arent a good team, I just feel like a lot of other teams have and will improve during this offseason. Atlanta will get back Horford, charlotte got better, and NJ will even get back LOpez.

A lot of people fail to consider how other teams improved and only look at their team's additions/subtractions. The mentality that " Oh hey, our team won 45 games last year, and we got an all star team in the offseason. Therefore, we will win more than 45 games and be a higher seed"

That is the continued Logic that I've been seeing ,and I hope others will consider that although your team has improved, other teams have as well, so you really do have to consider that when making predictions. I think Washington has made salary cap decision moves and downgraded defensively and at this point, I would take Ariza's numbers over Paul Pierce, regardless of how clutch paul pierce has been over his career.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    overrated: chicago

underrated: rockets

vCash
    I'd also like to add, I think the Heat are still underrated. Although Bosh and wade have degressed, they're still well established all-nba type players, and if health remains good, there's no reason why they wouldnt be a top 4 in the east team

vCash
    I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.
    Everyone on the planet is kicking the Knicks to the curb......I see them as a 4-5 seed. Phil Jackson is a mastermind. Sometimes the pieces don't look like they fit until he puts it together.
    Washington is a very hungry young talented bunch with some smart vet additions.

This years over rated teams? Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.
    Everyone on the planet is kicking the Knicks to the curb......I see them as a 4-5 seed. Phil Jackson is a mastermind. Sometimes the pieces don't look like they fit until he puts it together.
    Washington is a very hungry young talented bunch with some smart vet additions.

This years over rated teams? Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Miami.
    I have a hard time seeing New york being that high because they just lost their only good defensive player and downgraded. They have a PG who can run plays and is a great floor general, but he really does suck defensively.I trust that the knicks will have better late-game execution because of the coaching staff and management like fisher being there instead of woody, but I dont think the knicks will be that high in the eastern conference, other teams have improved more than the knicks have.

Why are brooklyn and atlanta overrated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    I'd also like to add, I think the Heat are still underrated. Although Bosh and wade have degressed, they're still well established all-nba type players, and if health remains good, there's no reason why they wouldnt be a top 4 in the east team
    Here is my issue with the Heat...

When you lose the best player on the planet everyone gets moved up a notch. Elite defenders are now guarding Wade instead. Recipe for disaster. Wade can't carry this team and all Bosh ever was, was a safety valve. Now he is option 1 or 2. Not the best plan.

vCash
    Over- Cleveland Cavaliers
    Under- New York Knickerbockers

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    I have a hard time seeing New york being that high because they just lost their only good defensive player and downgraded. They have a PG who can run plays and is a great floor general, but he really does suck defensively.I trust that the knicks will have better late-game execution because of the coaching staff and management like fisher being there instead of woody, but I dont think the knicks will be that high in the eastern conference, other teams have improved more than the knicks have.

Why are brooklyn and atlanta overrated?
    everything that could go wrong went wrong last year. Chandler was awful. Amare was used wrong, Bargs was used wrong, Melo was over used.
    if we lost 15 games in the last 20 seconds, it was because EVERY time the play was give it to Melo get out of the way. We lost every one of those games it seemed. Not the case anymore. The triangle will change the entire offensive scheme. Bargs is actually the perfect Gasol fit in this system. Last year he was a spot up 3 pt shooter ala Steve Novak. wrong role.

Calderon over Felton isnt even close and Larkin gives us something we havent had in years....a quick defensive minded PG with the ability to penetrate.

Amare could be a huge weapon. (if healthy)

believe it or not, defense can be taught and learned. just like you can work on your jumper, you can work on being a better defender. Pjax is all about that.

Brooklyn without Pierce, an an obviously aging Garnett is not who they appear to be.

Atlanta has to show something before people can give them props.

vCash
    everything that could go wrong went wrong last year. Chandler was awful. Amare was used wrong, Bargs was used wrong, Melo was over used.
    if we lost 15 games in the last 20 seconds, it was because EVERY time the play was give it to Melo get out of the way. We lost every one of those games it seemed. Not the case anymore. The triangle will change the entire offensive scheme. Bargs is actually the perfect Gasol fit in this system. Last year he was a spot up 3 pt shooter ala Steve Novak. wrong role.

Calderon over Felton isnt even close and Larkin gives us something we havent had in years....a quick defensive minded PG with the ability to penetrate.

believe it or not, defense can be taught and learned. just like you can work on your jumper, you can work on being a better defender. Pjax is all about that.

Brooklyn without Pierce, an an obviously aging Garnett is not who they appear to be.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt since you're obviously keen on the knicks struggles last season. I think with a better offensive system, the knicks should win more games instead of choking. But regardless, Melo is one of the better closers in the game, to give him the ball and Get out of the way, is probably not a bad play? (Yes Seriously LOL) I think the knicks can and will improve, but there are just way too many teams in the east who on paper seem better than the knicks and I feel like there is no anchor defensively on this team anymore. Chandler was guarding everyone and Shump has been a huge disappointment. I think the knicks have a possibility of making the playoffs as an 8th or 7th seed at best. To say top 4 is probably not that realistic, you know? considering the knicks won 37 games last season.

vCash
    dallas(only team to give the spurs trouble last year) and charlotte I feel are very underrated. how come no one is talking about those guys?

vCash
    And like always, the spurs are always underrated because everyone thinks they're too old and cant play, when they're the only team that actually plays completely like a team and have a big 4, it isnt even a big 3 anymore.

vCash

That can be true, but if your planning on trotting out line ups consisting of calderderon, smith, bargs, and amare then your just asking to be scored on lmao.

Not even thibs could turn them into a solid-if that defensive players.

vCash
    i think Wiz are rated fine and they will be a borderline contender. only Knicks fans think they are a top 5 team let alone a playoff team its pretty funny especially when they act like they wont let up 115ppg and that Phils is on the sidelines coaching.

the only underrated team i think there is in the East is the Hornets. not gonna pick an overrated bcuz only the heat and ny fan bases overrate their team which is to be expected.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 16 Yards: 296 TD: 3

vCash
    I think the knicks just have way too many bad defenders on a team and even lost their best defender this off-season. Yes team defense can be taught, but it's very hard to hide so many bad defenders on a team like that. They're not going to be good defensively.

vCash
    Everyone seems to be focused on the Western Conference, but I'll stay in the Western Conference with my picks while trying to avoid inevitable hatred for any potential homer selections.

Overrated: Portland

Yeah, I get that they beat the Rockets last year, but they sort of fell apart in the second half of the season and they weren't remotely the same team in that San Antonio series. I think the Blazers are that team that can play really, really well for stretches, but they aren't good enough defensively to be taken seriously as contenders. I think they'll finish as a 7 or 8 seed and get bounced in the first round.

Underrated: Memphis

They get back a healthy Marc Gasol and they add Vince Carter to a team that was actually a little better last season. They proved against OKC that they can hang with anybody in a seven-game series. And if that core can stay healthy together all season long, I think that team wins 55 games and cracks the top 4-5 seeds in the West.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast