Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raptors sign Jordan Hamilton to a 1-year deal

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...l-with-raptors

I know many on this board think that we could've used another big body, particularly a C... But, Masai went out and got a wing, even though the roster is full (i.e. now we need to trade/waive somebody).

It seems like we are more than set on the wing -- why get another body there? Anyone have any insight on Hamilton? He was drafted by Masai, so I guess he sees something in him..

vCash
    Found a trade for Fields?

vCash
    Wonder who gets waived now. Unless there is a trade. I doubt it.

vCash
    Some of you may find this silly, but ill give a 2k14 scouting report lol.
    Tall, decent athlete. Likes the 3. Can score a lot of points on a bad team or be a contributer off the bench on a good team.
    That's all I got. Hopefully someone candles can weigh in.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    The only non-guaranteed deal from what I can tell is Cherry's, but it doesn't look like they'll cut him when we have so many wings.

A trade involving Fields seems to make the most sense. And since I can't see a deal where a team gives us back a pick, it will need to be a 2 for 1 or Fields for a non-guaranteed deal like the Novak trade. The signing itself isn't that intriguing but the fact it could be a precursor to a trade is what makes it interesting.

This is all assuming Masai plans to have Hamilton on the roster, rather than just a training camp body.

vCash
    Masaii must really like Hamilton, remember he drafted him in DEN.

vCash
    I'm a fan.. he's a quality role player and will be a good back up at the 3. Im guessing JJ will some minutes at the 4. Good pick up by MU imo.

If i remember correctly, I thnk Bob@york likes this guy.. he will be happy about this signing.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-14-2014 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    so who gets waived ? My guess would be that 3rd string pg we just signed. but we just signed him, that wouldnt make any sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    The only non-guaranteed deal from what I can tell is Cherry's, but it doesn't look like they'll cut him when we have so many wings.

A trade involving Fields seems to make the most sense. And since I can't see a deal where a team gives us back a pick, it will need to be a 2 for 1 or Fields for a non-guaranteed deal like the Novak trade. The signing itself isn't that intriguing but the fact it could be a precursor to a trade is what makes it interesting.

This is all assuming Masai plans to have Hamilton on the roster, rather than just a training camp body.
    Agreed. Here is hoping this is a precursor to us getting West for our garbage

vCash
    interesting that you guys think this has to do with a follow up move.. I wonder if fields really is being shipped.. the basketball gods favour us if its true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    Agreed. Here is hoping this is a precursor to us getting West for our garbage
    Maybe. Bird did say he wanted to bring them under the luxury tax.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    interesting that you guys think this has to do with a follow up move.. I wonder if fields really is being shipped.. the basketball gods favour us if its true.
    IMO, we're either helping Indiana get under the luxury tax or bringing up the 76ers to their cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We have 16 players on the roster and depending on what amount of Cherry's and Hamilton's deals are guaranteed, we are in the luxury tax if Im not mistaken.

Maybe Masai structured Hamilton's deal in a way where he thinks he has a deal in place for Fields, but if for some reason the deal falls through he could waive Hamilton before the start of the season to get below the tax?

Could also be Hansbrough on the move. He's more tradeable than Fields. Signing Hamilton is like replacing Novak's shooting at the end of the bench at the 3/4 spot. JJ could take Hans mins at PF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Maybe. Bird did say he wanted to bring them under the luxury tax.

IMO, we're either helping Indiana get under the luxury tax or bringing up the 76ers to their cap.
    Regarding Philly; I don't get why we would give up asset(s) to just part with Fields' expiring? Doesn't make sense to me. And if iirc there really isn't any real penalty for not getting to the cap floor if you're Philly. I think you just pay the difference to the league. Although if they are $6M or so below the floor we could give them Landry for free. I don't give up assets just to shed his deal though.

vCash
    We have 16 players on the roster and depending on what amount of Cherry's and Hamilton's deals are guaranteed, we are in the luxury tax if Im not mistaken.

Maybe Masai structured Hamilton's deal in a way where he thinks he has a deal in place for Fields, but if for some reason the deal falls through he could waive Hamilton before the start of the season to get below the tax?

Could also be Hansbrough on the move. He's more tradeable than Fields. Signing Hamilton is like replacing Novak's shooting at the end of the bench at the 3/4 spot. JJ could take Hans mins at PF.
    I could see it being Hansborough as well. I think he has the most value of the players we dont want. ie hayes, fields, etc.

vCash
    Regarding Philly; I don't get why we would give up asset(s) to just part with Fields' expiring? Doesn't make sense to me. And if iirc there really isn't any real penalty for not getting to the cap floor if you're Philly. I think you just pay the difference to the league. Although if they are $6M or so below the floor we could give them Landry for free. I don't give up assets just to shed his deal though.
    IMO, I think we're just going to trade Landry for one of Philly's second rounders. I think Philly has 4.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast