Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Harvey Wins - Makes TC Want to Put His Head Through a Wall!

metsblog
    Terry Collins said Wednesday night he was going to “put my head through the wall,” after learning that Matt Harvey threw off a mound earlier in the day (ESPN, Aug. 13).

Collins is frustrated that Harvey is resisting the team’s guidance to scale back workouts as he recovers from Tommy John surgery.

Harvey’s bullpen session came a day after Sandy Alderson said the team has talked with Harvey about slowing down his rehab schedule, using Jeremy Hefner’s recent re-injury as a cautionary tale (MetsBlog, Aug. 12),

“I threw a bullpen today and I didn’t miss a spot,” Harvey said Wednesday afternoon on ESPN New York 98.7 of his fourth mound session since the surgery. It consisted of 27 pitches, two fewer than his previous session.

“I felt like I was easily throwing into the low- to mid-90s, with pretty much no effort,” he said. “I know there’s a process, but as a competitor I want to get out there as soon as possible.”

Collins said he and Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen planned to speak with Harvey by phone early Wednesday night, but they couldn’t reach him.

“We tried to get ahold of him, but he was talking on the radio,” Collins said, sarcastically. “One of the reasons we have tried to back Matt off is how he is mentally. This guy is a bulldog. There is no such thing as low speed or low gear. It’s all-out forward. There was a phone call made [Tuesday] where it was, ‘Yeah, we’ve got to back this down,’ and [Wednesday] he throws a 27-pitch bullpen. I’m going to put my head through the wall.”
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    One can only hope so

vCash
    Hopefully a brick wall fortified with plywood and steel. Collins is not respected by anybody in the Mets' clubhouse. Not a soul pays attention to anything this half-wit has to say. Terry speaks and all the players snicker and do whatever they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Hopefully a brick wall fortified with plywood and steel. Collins is not respected by anybody in the Mets' clubhouse. Not a soul pays attention to anything this half-wit has to say. Terry speaks and all the players snicker and do whatever they want.
    Josh Lewin says otherwise.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Josh Lewin is full of ****.

vCash
    Lewin is another company man/hack not worth believing anything that comes out of his mouth.

vCash
    I made this thread just for WS82
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I made this thread just for WS82

vCash
    No one else is disturbed that Matt is throwing mid 90's.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Collins said he and Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen planned to speak with Harvey by phone early Wednesday night, but they couldn’t reach him.
    That says all you need to know. You don't think Matt ignored the phone when he seen "Elmer Fudd" come up on the display?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why would anyone be disturbed by that? Isn't it good that he still has his stuff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Is that how high he was ramping his surgically arm too? WTF?

vCash
    You have to admire his attitude but Harvey is not the brightest. I share TC's fear that he will do something stupid and set himself back.

vCash
    He needs to tread lightly, even though he's the ace and the future of this team he has to be smart about this. We are not making the playoffs and I understand Harvey is the ultimate competitor but TC has every right to be upset about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Josh Lewin is full of ****.
    What makes your opinion more valuable than Lewin's? A guy that is, you know, actually around the team. You have any evidence? I'm open to it.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast