3 7.32%
  • Isiah Thomas

2 4.88%
  • Dwyane Wade

10 24.39%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

PSD's Official #21 Player of All Time

Voting for #20 has concluded and PSD's Official #20 NBA Player of all time is....

Dirk Nowitzki

Voting

Dirk Nowitzki 26
    Dwyane Wade 7
    Elgin Baylor 5
    Scottie Pippen 4
    Patrick Ewing 3
    Isiah Thomas 2
    John Stockton 1
    Bob Pettit 1
    Clyde Drexler 1

John Havlicek 0
    Rick Barry 0
    Clyde Frazier 0
    George Gervin 0
    Kevin McHale 0
    George Mikan 0
    Chris Paul 0

The List:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7#post28837457

We still have 15 players which I think is a sizable number of options. Nominations really haven't been coming in which is fine. But if there's someone you really think is worth being on this poll right now please nominate them. It's easier for me to not miss it if you say the word "nominate" in your post. Otherwise I think in a couple of polls from now I'll just throw a bunch of names on there to re-stock the list.
    Last edited by ManRam; 08-14-2014 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Hmmm this one is a little tougher. Going to go with either Petit, Stockton, Wade, Baylor, or Havlichek. Need to think about this one a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers247:28927100
    Hmmm this one is a little tougher. Going to go with either Petit, Stockton, Wade, Baylor, or Havlichek. Need to think about this one a bit more.
    Only one of those guys has even won an MVP and Pettit won two of them.

I have waited long enough. Pettit made the all-nba 1st team for a decade straight. He was the best player in the world for a clear 3-4 years. He won a title with a dominating 50 point perfornance in the close out game of the Finals. He is the choice here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post

I have waited long enough. Pettit made the all-nba 1st team for a decade straight. He was the best player in the world for a clear 3-4 years. He won a title with a dominating 50 point perfornance in the close out game of the Finals. He is the choice here.
    Yeah i guess about here would be a good spot for him. Not sure he will get the votes though lol.

vCash
    Baylor.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82:28927218
    Baylor.
    How could you pick Baylor over Pettit? He basically has no case. Pettit has more MVPs, a ring, more All-NBA teams and even has a higher PER if you like advanced stats.

vCash
    For me, this pick is between Wade and Havlicek. Hondo has the longer career with more hardware and accolades, but Wade had by far the stronger peak and advanced numbers. My heart says Havlicek, but my head says Wade. I'm going with Wade to try and stay objective.

vCash
    How could you pick Baylor over Pettit? He basically has no case. Pettit has more MVPs, a ring, more All-NBA teams and even has a higher PER if you like advanced stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    For me, this pick is between Wade and Havlicek. Hondo has the longer career with more hardware and accolades, but Wade had by far the stronger peak and advanced numbers. My heart says Havlicek, but my head says Wade. I'm going with Wade to try and stay objective.
    well we have ourselves a fight!

Petit vs Wade/Halicek

I would go with Petit with the above reasons

vCash
    ...in the 50s in a league that was still majority white players and not remotely as talented as it would be in 10 years.

He won a title with a dominating 50 point perfornance in the close out game of the Finals. He is the choice here.
    ...in a series in which the opposing team's best player and defensive anchor (Bill Russell) missed most of and wore a cast in the final game of.

I have waited long enough. Pettit made the all-nba 1st team for a decade straight. He was the best player in the world for a clear 3-4 years.
    I've got to give it to you, man. You're trying hard. One of these days he's going to be picked. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be this one...

vCash
    ...hmmmmmmmm. i don't know. I'm gona run some numbers and vote tonight or tomorrow.

If Chris Paul is a nominee, would it be insane to suggest that Kevin Durant should be one too? CP3 only has two years on Durant in the league. paul has less than 1 regular seasons worth of games on KD at this point.
    Last edited by Bruno; 08-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    ...hmmmmmmmm. i don't know. I'm gona run some numbers and vote tonight or tomorrow.

If Chris Paul is a nominee, would it be insane to suggest that Kevin Durant should be one too? CP3 only has two years on Durant in the league. paul has less than 1 regular seasons worth of games on KD at this point.
    I actually don't think it's crazy for Durant to at least be in the nominations. The guy has been the second best player in the league for essentially five years and his peak is pretty remarkable. Throw that in with an MVP and a Finals appearance and he at least deserves discussion in the top 50. I'd probably still put a few other wings ahead of him in terms of career accolades and longevity, but you could make a case for him in the top 30-40 already.

vCash
    Hondo for me.

The End is Coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:28927304
    ...in the 50s in a league that was still majority white players and not remotely as talented as it would be in 10 years.

He won a title with a dominating 50 point perfornance in the close out game of the Finals. He is the choice here.
    ...in a series in which the opposing team's best player and defensive anchor (Bill Russell) missed most of and wore a cast in the final game of.

I have waited long enough. Pettit made the all-nba 1st team for a decade straight. He was the best player in the world for a clear 3-4 years.
    I've got to give it to you, man. You're trying hard. One of these days he's going to be picked. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be this one...
    What bothers me about this argument is the same thing that bothers me when people try and discredit Bill Russell, Phil Jackson, Worthy, Bird, Pippen, Kobe, Wade, etc.

They were only so successful because of (insert reason beyond their control)... at some point the accomplishments have to outweigh the excuses. Yes he played in a less talented league but so did Jerry West and he went a long time ago. Bill Russell did and he went a long time ago. Pettit didnt just play in the late 50s, he dominated the late 50s. He was the best player in the world. You just cant say that about Wade or Havlicek.

vCash
    Wade. Should've made the top 20 should definitely go now. I'll be voting for him when I'm off work.

Wad3 County

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Wade. Should've made the top 20 should definitely go now. I'll be voting for him when I'm off work.
    Wade is not a top 20 player

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast