Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

FA and Possibly FAs Thread

- Nats have a $9 million dollar option on 30 YO CF Denard Span. What does he cost to trade for? .338 wOBA this year with slightly above average defense in CF.

- James Shields is awesome, perpetually underrated, and should be signed by the Cubs.

- Jon Lester is going to be an interesting case. He's good, but not this good. Would love him on a 4 year deal, any pitcher of his quality really hence the interest in Shields, but he's going to get more than that.

- JA Happ is an interesting pitcher. He's big, left handed, healthy, throws hard, can get swings and misses with his curveball. If someone can help him improve the changeup they could get a surprisingly good year. One of the better 1-2 year deal guys out there IMO.

- How is Francisco Liriano valued? Injury history makes me think his arm is old, but his two offspeeds are really high quality pitches still. I wouldn't feel safe beyond 2 years, and was more into that idea going into FA 2013.

- Pablo Sandoval is a legitimately higher quality player. What does that get him? He's 28.

- OFers? What does a Cabrera or Rasmus get? Nick Markakis?

vCash

What do you think Shields costs? He will get a QO. Could bring it down some. That's going to keep Lester's price high the fact he won't have that attached.

vCash
    Sandavol would look nice in Cardinal red but I dont think Carpenter or Wong can play CF.

Scherzer might, end up in STL. I know every Cardinals fan it seems, wants to link every STL born player back to the team. But Scherzer is a free agent and if the Cardinals were willing to take on Price and pay him, why wouldnt they take on Scherzer and pay him. You cant tell me Max would cost more than Price. But honestly I am thinking Texas, Atlanta, Boston for Scherzer. Unless STL jumps in the race. I don't see the Cubs getting him, sorry you can't be born in STL, raised in STL. Grow up a Cardinals fan, attend Mizzou. Then sign as a free agent with the Cubs. It is totally illogical no matter what Billy says on MLB tonight.

vCash

What if the Cubs are offering $240M and the next best offer is $160M? Yes you can sign with any team no matter where you were raised or who you were a fan of. I'm not saying this will happen.

vCash
    Do the Giants seem likely to bring back Sandoval? If not, id love the Ms to grab him for 1B.

On a slightly different note, any offensive players you see being traded this offseason?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Could see this finally being the year Stanton is traded. I feel like Boston loaded up to go get him. Tulowitski could get moved too.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Could see this finally being the year Stanton is traded. I feel like Boston loaded up to go get him. Tulowitski could get moved too.
    I highly doubt he's moved. He's controlled until 2016 and is probably going to make no more than $10 mil next season. I could see maybe at next year's deadline or possibly next off season but if he got traded this off season I'd be more surprised with that than of Ryan Howard hit 40 homeruns next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Do the Giants seem likely to bring back Sandoval? If not, id love the Ms to grab him for 1B.

On a slightly different note, any offensive players you see being traded this offseason?
    Byrd, Rios, maybe Zobrist, maybe Rollins, Dom Brown (I have a feeling he does), possibly Andrus, Chris Carter maybe, Trumbo, Didi, Grabderson (possibly but unlikely), starlin Castro maybe, if the cubs don't sign a pitcher (or even if they do) I could see I discussion with the Phillies again to get Hamels headlined bu Russell (maybe their were convos when he was claimed but it couldn't get done so they said to hold off until the off season). I'd root for the Cubs if Haneks went there.

Probably more I can't think of. None of the above I'm confident in saying will be moved though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicks For Grits View Post
    Sandavol would look nice in Cardinal red but I dont think Carpenter or Wong can play CF.

Scherzer might, end up in STL. I know every Cardinals fan it seems, wants to link every STL born player back to the team. But Scherzer is a free agent and if the Cardinals were willing to take on Price and pay him, why wouldnt they take on Scherzer and pay him. You cant tell me Max would cost more than Price. But honestly I am thinking Texas, Atlanta, Boston for Scherzer. Unless STL jumps in the race. I don't see the Cubs getting him, sorry you can't be born in STL, raised in STL. Grow up a Cardinals fan, attend Mizzou. Then sign as a free agent with the Cubs. It is totally illogical no matter what Billy says on MLB tonight.
    It's not illogical if they offer you significantly more money? However, if the money is about the same, and he can be an angel or a cub, then other things will play a factor.
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-15-2014 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Do the Giants seem likely to bring back Sandoval?
    They offered him kind of a lowball extension in the offseason, but Sabean's sentimental as hell and will probably sign him to a pretty silly deal, unless someone offers bigger, which is possible. Should be interesting to see where he goes if he doesn't re-sign with the Giants.

vCash

They seem to be at their payroll threshold, he's making 8.25 million this year, I'm not sure they could afford to increase his salary by 2-2.5 times and also get a quality 2b,LF and SP,.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    They offered him kind of a lowball extension in the offseason, but Sabean's sentimental as hell and will probably sign him to a pretty silly deal, unless someone offers bigger, which is possible. Should be interesting to see where he goes if he doesn't re-sign with the Giants.
    Maybe the nats...it would allow them to move Zimmerman to 1st. Letting laroche walk would free up 10 million.

vCash
    Lots of good pitching options available this year, will be interesting to see where they all end up.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

vCash
    You forgot the best pitcher on the market, max scherzer. Depending on Tanaka, Pineda, and CCs health going into the offseason, I can absolutely see the Yankees bidding against themselves to bring him in

PSD's 2011 Diva's Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanconMadness View Post
    You forgot the best pitcher on the market, max scherzer. Depending on Tanaka, Pineda, and CCs health going into the offseason, I can absolutely see the Yankees bidding against themselves to bring him in
    They'd never bid against them selfs but ya I agree him and lester will be getting crazy deals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast