• Kevin Martin

0 0%
  • Bradley Beal

4 19.05%
  • Jamal Crawford

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #7 SG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings
    1) James Harden
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Goran Dragic
    4) DeMar DeRozan
    5) Lance Stephenson
    6) Klay Thompson
    7)

2013 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) James Harden
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Dwyane Wade
    4) Paul George
    5) Manu Ginobili
    6) JR Smith
    7) Tony Allen
    8) Joe Johnson
    9) Klay Thompson
    10) Vince Carter

2012 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwyane Wade
    3) Manu Ginobili
    4) James Harden
    5) Joe Johnson
    6) Monta Ellis
    7) Eric Gordon
    8) Paul George
    9) Kevin Martin
    10) Ray Allen

2011 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Dwyane Wade
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Manu Ginobili
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Monta Ellis
    6) Kevin Martin
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Eric Gordon
    9) Jason Terry
    10) James Harden

2010 Off-Season SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwyane Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    6) Monta Ellis
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Stephen Jackson
    9) O.J. Mayo
    10) Jason Richardson

2009 Off-Season SG Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Vince Carter
    6) Manu Ginobili
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Kevin Martin
    9) Ben Gordon
    10) Richard Hamilton

2008 Off-Season SG rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Tracy McGrady
    4) Allen Iverson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    5) Vince Carter
    7) Joe Johnson
    8) Ray Allen
    9) Brandon Roy
    10) Kevin Martin

vCash
    I wanted to go Beal or Mathews here but I still want to see more. I picked Ginobili over Ellis mainly because of everything Ginobili brings to the table besides scoring. He's a 6th man, but he rarely played over 30 minutes a game even in his prime. I think he's still ahead of the rest of the flawed bunch.

vCash
    I went Ellis. Ginobli can't give you enough at this point to justify the spot, despite how well he's used under proper circumstances.

there's really no statistical justification for me to request Oladipo as an option, but he will be top five in these rankings next year.

vCash
    ginobili gives you more than anyone outside of the top 4, just in limited minutes
    and hes got more rings than every other player on the list combined
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think people are overlooking Joe Johnson a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think people are overlooking Joe Johnson a little bit.
    I want to agree, I'm just not sure about his defensive value. He played a lot of SF last year, and the Nets had a weird scheme so maybe someone else can help parse the stats but they indicate that he was still bad. I haven't watched him much since his time with the Hawks and it was not inspiring at all.

Ginobili, on the other hand, is an above average defender - even if I believe stats overrate him some because of Duncan.

vCash
    Klay Thompson.

vCash
    Brad Beal

vCash
    Thompson shouldn't have gone yet. He's overated on this site apparently.

Dragic is a point guard all the way. I remember when he played on a team with Nash and Nash had to guard the shooting guards. He's more pg than even Steven Nash.

These rankings are highly flawed.

And Stehpenson at 5 or I guess 4 since Dragic is a pg, is highly questionable. Lance rarely gets steals or blocks which is odd for an athletic player like him. Also he'll sometimes go weeks while averaging in the 8-10ppg range. I wouldn't put him 4 as shooting guards and I was even a huge fan of his and thought he'd be one of the best his rookie year. He also has mental flaws in his game as seen in the playoffs.

I think Monta Ellis and Ginobili are probably better than Stephenson. Stephenson should be more like 6-7.
    Thompson should be like 8-9 honestly. I mean, what has he done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Joe Johnson is a 6'7 230 pound jumpshooter that stands around. He can't drive, he doens't post, and he doens't play much defense. He doesn't pass all that well or get assist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnKemp View Post
    Thompson shouldn't have gone yet. He's overated on this site apparently.

Dragic is a point guard all the way. I remember when he played on a team with Nash and Nash had to guard the shooting guards. He's more pg than even Steven Nash.

These rankings are highly flawed.

And Stehpenson at 5 or I guess 4 since Dragic is a pg, is highly questionable. Lance rarely gets steals or blocks which is odd for an athletic player like him. Also he'll sometimes go weeks while averaging in the 8-10ppg range. I wouldn't put him 4 as shooting guards and I was even a huge fan of his and thought he'd be one of the best his rookie year. He also has mental flaws in his game as seen in the playoffs.

I think Monta Ellis and Ginobili are probably better than Stephenson. Stephenson should be more like 6-7.
    Thompson should be like 8-9 honestly. I mean, what has he done?
    LOL Ellis isn't even better than Joe Johnson. Ellis is a chucker. Garbage.

You can't say Klay is overrated and then claim Ellis is top 6 pmsl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    LOL Ellis isn't even better than Joe Johnson. Ellis is a chucker. Garbage.

You can't say Klay is overrated and then claim Ellis is top 6 pmsl.
    Ellis was second in the NBA last season in points in the paint. He rarely shoots jumpers in a game. Maybe 2-3 the other 14 of so shots are all layup attempts are very close floaters within 8 feet.

He shot about 45 % last season and averaged 6 dimes and 2 steals.

What did Johnson average last season? Another 15, 2 and 2 season on 42% shooting? That's great

as for Ellis and Thompson.
    Ellis got him in PPG, FG%, steals, assists and rebounds. I'd say that pretty much makes him better.
    Last edited by ShawnKemp; 08-15-2014 at 12:45 PM.

vCash
    Looks like this website wont even make Joe a top 10 sg despite what he showed in the playoffs.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnKemp View Post
    Ellis was second in the NBA last season in points in the paint. He rarely shoots jumpers in a game. Maybe 2-3 the other 14 of so shots are all layup attempts are very close floaters within 8 feet.

He shot about 45 % last season and averaged 6 dimes and 2 steals.

What did Johnson average last season? Another 15, 2 and 2 season on 42% shooting? That's great
    as for Ellis and Thompson.
    Ellis got him in PPG, FG%, steals, assists and rebounds. I'd say that pretty much makes him better.
    When did he average those numbers ever?

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Joe was 6th among SGs in WAR and 7th in RPM. I think 7 or 8 is a good spot for him, especially considering that he's more of a featured option on offense than most every other one of these guys. He's not good defensively, but neither are Ellis, Afflalo or Beal. And trust me, I like the latter two more than you do.

If you're voting for Afflalo you're flat out wrong. Opinions be damned! And again, I really like Arron a ton. But he's a mess on defense and offensively you can't tell me he holds his own compared to the rest of these guys.

I'm fine with Manu here, but Joe deserves to go before the rest of the guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast