Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 177
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777

    Official Johnny Football Thread

    I figured people are going to be talking about this all preseason. Not to mention he plays on MNF this week now.

    Watching his press conference right now, tell ya what, I lol'd my *** off at him being a top 5 prospect or people not acknowledging his flaws, but I want to see him succeed. He's fun.


    He's a real ace for a rookie as far as handling questions. He's totally natural, honest, and he doesn't seem pressured or annoyed really.


    You guys want to see him flop or do well?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,551
    vCash
    1500
    Very much doubt he flops. He's good enough to coast to a career even in the NFL. The only question, to me, is whether he goes down as one of the greats with the likes of Ken Stabler, Steve Young, and Doug Flutie.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777
    I'd guess he flops but I'm rooting against it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    1500
    I don't care for him and I think he'll flop. I don't really care about his personality, just sick of his hype. If he does well good for him, I just don't see it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777
    I'm trying to not be all emotional and let the media talk bother me. The football in Cleveland with him playing is something I would genuinely get excited for. I won't let hype bother me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    1500
    For the sake of us Browns fan, I hope he takes the league by storm whenever that opportunity arises. I don't see him flopping though. Regardless of the dumb **** he does, I don't think he has the mentality to let himself be a complete failure. How successful he will be is up to him. Sky's the limit. If he plays up to his capabilities we will be good. The d is legit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    For the sake of us Browns fan, I hope he takes the league by storm whenever that opportunity arises. I don't see him flopping though. Regardless of the dumb **** he does, I don't think he has the mentality to let himself be a complete failure. How successful he will be is up to him. Sky's the limit. If he plays up to his capabilities we will be good. The d is legit.
    Flop is probably harsh but he could. I think he will slowly fizzle as I'm not convinced his pocket game will get top a high enough level.

    I mean in years not just this one

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Flop is probably harsh but he could. I think he will slowly fizzle as I'm not convinced his pocket game will get top a high enough level.

    I mean in years not just this one
    This is where I'm at. His size for his style of play really scares me too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    This is where I'm at. His size for his style of play really scares me too.
    Yup. Very true.

    I think he's pretty flawed right now but he throws it well enough, if he hones the craft and really wants to, he has a puncher's chance.

    I just think the climb is too steep and he'll always be a little too playground.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yup. Very true.

    I think he's pretty flawed right now but he throws it well enough, if he hones the craft and really wants to, he has a puncher's chance.

    I just think the climb is too steep and he'll always be a little too playground.
    He seems so slight of frame. Shoulder and collarbone injuries are just physics. I played in a alumni game recently, and I'm not a very big dude. My doctor kept preaching to me 300-350 pds falling in the right direction is unavoidable.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,390
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    He seems so slight of frame. Shoulder and collarbone injuries are just physics. I played in a alumni game recently, and I'm not a very big dude. My doctor kept preaching to me 300-350 pds falling in the right direction is unavoidable.
    His legs look like a 12 year old ballerina's to me too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    His legs look like a 12 year old ballerina's to me too.
    yh, I don't know what he's listed at 215 or so i'm guessing, but his frame seems to be a guy who's about 185. While guys have success at that size in the NFL, they aren't QB's who get blindsided by a DE who in turn lands squarely on their shoulders.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    419
    vCash
    500
    He really impressed me in this first preseason appearance.

    Accurate throws, good smarts, quick feet.

    The one critique that was made against him was that play where he rolled out right and his fullback was out open in front of him and he ran for the first down instead of throwing the ball. but if you look closely at the replay, by the time Manziel had the oppurtunity to make the throw to that fullback, the fullback had already turned around to block defenders. So he didnt have a chance to make that throw.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    He really impressed me in this first preseason appearance.

    Accurate throws, good smarts, quick feet.

    The one critique that was made against him was that play where he rolled out right and his fullback was out open in front of him and he ran for the first down instead of throwing the ball. but if you look closely at the replay, by the time Manziel had the oppurtunity to make the throw to that fullback, the fullback had already turned around to block defenders. So he didnt have a chance to make that throw.
    He did pretty well. I thought he had a few cases of happy feet, but he is a rookie so that's forgivable.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,143
    vCash
    1500
    As soon as I saw him lower his head in that Detroit game I said "Kids got heart, and won't last 5 years running like that". I don't think he's gonna flop, but doubt he's ever a very good QB either.


    Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •