Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Johnny Football Thread

I figured people are going to be talking about this all preseason. Not to mention he plays on MNF this week now.

Watching his press conference right now, tell ya what, I lol'd my *** off at him being a top 5 prospect or people not acknowledging his flaws, but I want to see him succeed. He's fun.

He's a real ace for a rookie as far as handling questions. He's totally natural, honest, and he doesn't seem pressured or annoyed really.

You guys want to see him flop or do well?

vCash
    Very much doubt he flops. He's good enough to coast to a career even in the NFL. The only question, to me, is whether he goes down as one of the greats with the likes of Ken Stabler, Steve Young, and Doug Flutie.

vCash
    I'd guess he flops but I'm rooting against it

vCash
    I don't care for him and I think he'll flop. I don't really care about his personality, just sick of his hype. If he does well good for him, I just don't see it.

vCash
    I'm trying to not be all emotional and let the media talk bother me. The football in Cleveland with him playing is something I would genuinely get excited for. I won't let hype bother me.

vCash
    For the sake of us Browns fan, I hope he takes the league by storm whenever that opportunity arises. I don't see him flopping though. Regardless of the dumb **** he does, I don't think he has the mentality to let himself be a complete failure. How successful he will be is up to him. Sky's the limit. If he plays up to his capabilities we will be good. The d is legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    For the sake of us Browns fan, I hope he takes the league by storm whenever that opportunity arises. I don't see him flopping though. Regardless of the dumb **** he does, I don't think he has the mentality to let himself be a complete failure. How successful he will be is up to him. Sky's the limit. If he plays up to his capabilities we will be good. The d is legit.
    Flop is probably harsh but he could. I think he will slowly fizzle as I'm not convinced his pocket game will get top a high enough level.

I mean in years not just this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Flop is probably harsh but he could. I think he will slowly fizzle as I'm not convinced his pocket game will get top a high enough level.

I mean in years not just this one
    This is where I'm at. His size for his style of play really scares me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    This is where I'm at. His size for his style of play really scares me too.
    Yup. Very true.

I think he's pretty flawed right now but he throws it well enough, if he hones the craft and really wants to, he has a puncher's chance.

I just think the climb is too steep and he'll always be a little too playground.

vCash
    Yup. Very true.

I think he's pretty flawed right now but he throws it well enough, if he hones the craft and really wants to, he has a puncher's chance.

I just think the climb is too steep and he'll always be a little too playground.
    He seems so slight of frame. Shoulder and collarbone injuries are just physics. I played in a alumni game recently, and I'm not a very big dude. My doctor kept preaching to me 300-350 pds falling in the right direction is unavoidable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    He seems so slight of frame. Shoulder and collarbone injuries are just physics. I played in a alumni game recently, and I'm not a very big dude. My doctor kept preaching to me 300-350 pds falling in the right direction is unavoidable.
    His legs look like a 12 year old ballerina's to me too.

vCash
    His legs look like a 12 year old ballerina's to me too.
    yh, I don't know what he's listed at 215 or so i'm guessing, but his frame seems to be a guy who's about 185. While guys have success at that size in the NFL, they aren't QB's who get blindsided by a DE who in turn lands squarely on their shoulders.

vCash
    He really impressed me in this first preseason appearance.

Accurate throws, good smarts, quick feet.

The one critique that was made against him was that play where he rolled out right and his fullback was out open in front of him and he ran for the first down instead of throwing the ball. but if you look closely at the replay, by the time Manziel had the oppurtunity to make the throw to that fullback, the fullback had already turned around to block defenders. So he didnt have a chance to make that throw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    He really impressed me in this first preseason appearance.

Accurate throws, good smarts, quick feet.

The one critique that was made against him was that play where he rolled out right and his fullback was out open in front of him and he ran for the first down instead of throwing the ball. but if you look closely at the replay, by the time Manziel had the oppurtunity to make the throw to that fullback, the fullback had already turned around to block defenders. So he didnt have a chance to make that throw.
    He did pretty well. I thought he had a few cases of happy feet, but he is a rookie so that's forgivable.

vCash
    As soon as I saw him lower his head in that Detroit game I said "Kids got heart, and won't last 5 years running like that". I don't think he's gonna flop, but doubt he's ever a very good QB either.

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast