Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Preseason Week 3: Minnesota Vikings vs. Kansas City Chiefs 8/23/14 8:00 PM ET

Preseason Week 3
    vs

Saturday, August 23rd at 8:00 PM ET

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Matt Cassel, QB #16 - 1807 Yards / 11 TDS 9 INTS / 60.2 CMP% / 81.6 QB Rating
    Alex Smith, QB #11 - 3313 Yards / 23 TDS 7 INTS / 60.6 CMP% / 89.1 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Adrian Peterson, RB #28 - 1266 Yards / 279 Carries/ 4.5 YPC / 10 TDS
    Jamaal Charles, RB #25 - 1287 Yards / 259 Carries/ 5.0 YPC/ 12 TDS

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Greg Jennings, WR #15 - 68 Catches / 804 Yards / 4 TDS
    Dwayne Bowe, WR #82 - 57 Catches / 673 Yards / 5 TDS

Tight End

~VS~

Kyle Rudolph, TE #82 - 30 Catches / 313 Yards / 3 TDS
    Anthony Fasano, TE #80 - 23 Catches / 200 Yards / 3 TDS

Kicker

~VS~

Blair Walsh, K #3 - 26 FGM / 30 FGA / 41 XPM / 42 XPA
    Ryan Succop, K #6 - 22 FGM / 28 FGA / 52 XPM / 52 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Chad Greenway, LB #52 - 134
    Derrick Johnson, LB #56 - 107

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Brian Robison, DE #96 - 9.0
    Tamba Hali, LB #91 - 11.0

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Chad Greenway, LB #52 - 3
    Eric Berry, S #29 - 3

Click For More Stats
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 08-13-2014 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    I wasn't sure when I would have time to make the next games thread so I went ahead and did when I had a few minutes today. I will unlock it after the game against Cardinals is over. Thanks.

vCash
    For those like myself not in the Minneapolis area - this game will be re aired on NFL Network at 10am eastern time Monday morning (Aug 25)
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Zimmer just met with reporters and said heís not ready to name the starter for the regular season opener. But he did say Cassel will start the third preseason game on Saturday at Kansas City. He also said itís possible that rookie Teddy Bridgewater will see action with the first unit, which is something that didnít happen this past Saturday against the Cardinals.
    In injury news
    -Zimmer said safety Robert Blanton will practice today. Itís his first practice since pulling a hamstring in the fourth practice of camp.
    -Cornerback Shaun Prater (head injury) wonít practice today but is expected to practice Tuesday.
    Cornerback Jabari Price, who has an injury Zimmer wouldnít reveal, is expected to miss Saturdayís game.
    -Linebacker Gerald Hodges (knee) wonít practice today and will not play on Saturday.
    -Nose tackle Linval Joseph (calf) will do some rehab work today, but is not expected to play on Saturday. He hasnít practiced since suffering what was described as a minor gunshot wound as an innocent bystander during an incident at a downtown nightclub after the preseason opener.
    -And, finally, judging by Zimmerís tone, it might be a good idea for cornerback Josh Robinson (hamstring) to get back on the field pronto. When asked when Blanton and Robinson would return to practice, Zimmer said, ďBlanton will go today. The other guy, who knows.Ē
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    I think Matt Cassel has to play horribly these next 2 weeks to lose the starting QB job at this point. I'm happy that we finally have a good problem at QB which we haven't had in years.

vCash
    Usually the 3rd game is when the starters get most of their work in. So it will be interesting to see how much work Cassel gets in the Vikes are expected to give Teddy some first team reps. Cassel got a good 1st half in last week so maybe we'll see Cassel with the first 2-3 possessions followed by Teddy?

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Usually the 3rd game is when the starters get most of their work in. So it will be interesting to see how much work Cassel gets in the Vikes are expected to give Teddy some first team reps. Cassel got a good 1st half in last week so maybe we'll see Cassel with the first 2-3 possessions followed by Teddy?
    I'm going to guess Cassel gets 1.5 quarters, then Teddy will take over for most of the remainder of the game. The starters should play halfway through the third quarter. Ponder doesn't come in until late in the 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    I'm going to guess Cassel gets 1.5 quarters, then Teddy will take over for most of the remainder of the game. The starters should play halfway through the third quarter. Ponder doesn't come in until late in the 4th.
    I doubt Ponder comes in at all. Save him for the 4th game haha. I think it will be an even split like it was this last week. Cassel the first half with the 1's, Teddy with the second half with the 1's & 2's.

Should be interesting what happens with the position after that. My guess is Zimmer will announce his starting QB shortly after this game. He seems like a coach that wants to let his guys get comfortable with whatever decision they make.

vCash

Preseason Week 3: Minnesota Vikings vs. Kansas City Chiefs 8/23/14 8:00 PM ET

Watching the Clevland-Washington game. The amount of penalties almost makes the game unbearable

vCash
    Did Manziel flip off the redskins sideline?? Lol!! Omg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    He sure did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingsfan98229 View Post
    Watching the Clevland-Washington game. The amount of penalties almost makes the game unbearable
    I agree 100%. That illegal contact is just plain stupid if you ask me. I mean there are already soo many rules for the advantage of the offense and the WR's that this just seems over kill. My guess is they are calling it heavy in the pre season to get everyone's attention and then they will lighten up a bit. At least that is my hope anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingsfan98229 View Post
    He sure did
    Damn why did he do that for? He's one of those guys that you love to hate. I love his style of play and all but that arrogance on the field is gonna get him killed, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    Love it lol. I think I'm the only one here who really likes manziel and hopes he has a great career
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Love it lol. I think I'm the only one here who really likes manziel and hopes he has a great career
    I love it man...just like I loved Timmy Tebow baby. I don't care if he wins or not but he brings ratings and that has been a proven the last couple of games. I'd be ok with him having moderate success as long as Teddy exceeds all of those.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast