Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Could you build a championship team with Kawhi Leonard number 1 option

Simple question. Do you see his career going in the direction of being a legit number one option of a championship team?

vCash
    No.

vCash
    No, but a team with three kawhi leonards could get the job done.

vCash
    We've yet to see him even hit his full potential, so until we know that, it's impossible to say.

I think he has all the necessary tools to be a one of the top 2-way players in the league.

vCash
    Not remotely. I love the way Leonard plays the game and will always be bitter that the Rockets drafted Morris instead of him, but I just don't see him ever being anything more than a solid No. 3 option on a contending team. Use USG% last year of 18.3 is certainly not indicative of a major offensive threat and that was his career high. And the guy might have been freakishly efficient, but he only took 10 shots a game and took fewer than two free throws. Plus, 55% of his attempts last season were outside of 10 feet. For a guy of his physicality, he should be getting way more shots around the rim and way more free throw attempts.

I'm not saying he can't evolve into a better offensive player, but it would take a monumental leap in his game for him to ever be considered a legitimate No. 1 offensive threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    We've yet to see him even hit his full potential, so until we know that, it's impossible to say.

I think he has all the necessary tools to be a one of the top 2-way players in the league.
    He is actually great at everything. It's up to him to be more aggressive. He already has the defense part down.
    Best perimeter defender in the league. Also, he is so consistent. He's got markings of a superstar.
    I mean even Pop knows Kawhi has that potential.
    Ask Lebron and he would say yea.
    Kawhi averaged 16ppg 9rpg 2spg in 35mpg in 12 games vs the heat in 2013 and 2014 finals during his sophomore and junior year in the nba with all world defense.

He actually talks about how its more fun vs the best teams in the nba, because he doesn't learn anything from garbage teams. He is just coasting all season. We have like a .800 record with Kawhi in the starting lineup.
    Last edited by SPURSFAN1; 08-13-2014 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Not remotely. I love the way Leonard plays the game and will always be bitter that the Rockets drafted Morris instead of him, but I just don't see him ever being anything more than a solid No. 3 option on a contending team. Use USG% last year of 18.3 is certainly not indicative of a major offensive threat and that was his career high. And the guy might have been freakishly efficient, but he only took 10 shots a game and took fewer than two free throws. Plus, 55% of his attempts last season were outside of 10 feet. For a guy of his physicality, he should be getting way more shots around the rim and way more free throw attempts.

I'm not saying he can't evolve into a better offensive player, but it would take a monumental leap in his game for him to ever be considered a legitimate No. 1 offensive threat.
    You don't think Kawhi can be a 20,10,2(pretty good for a wing player with those rebound numbers) player with all world defense like 3 years from now? He can actually hit that next season if Pop played him more than 40mpg.

vCash
    no.

people are high on him because he got finals mvp, so what, danny green had a legit chance of winning last year to, thats just how the spurs are built.

he can be an all star obviously but i wouldn't put him with the elites.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

This is why stats don't really move me a majority of the time. This is why I prefer the eye test. The Spurs system is great, amongst the best we've ever seen. And I think the system calls for him to be the player he is.

vCash
    Right now... NOT A CHANCE.... but who knows what he'll turn into only time will tell and he's just a kid with a lot of potential so it's entirely possible but if we are talking today the answer is "no"

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    We don't know what he can do without the Spurs big guys around. At best, he's probably a Paul George clone.

vCash
    James Harden posts a .105 WS/48 in 12 playoff games in the last 2 years.
    Kawhi Leonard posts a .193WS/48 in 44 playoff games in the last 2 years.

But Kawhi has a low usage%.

vCash
    definately not as a #1 option

vCash
    It would probably be a 20 win team without Pop, 40 maybe with? Certainly not a championship.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast