Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Oakland Raiders vs Detroit Lions game thread

Hopefully we look a little better this Friday night than last...

vCash
    I just want to go on record, I believe this is going to be another Vanilla game. Don't start freaking out, we will see what they are really capable of, in September.

Only way we win, is if the Lions are more vanilla. Preseason games are not that fun to watch(imho). I used to be against canceling preseason games, I'm not anymore, they are worthless. Coaches don't need these games to truly evaluate their young guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I just want to go on record, I believe this is going to be another Vanilla game. Don't start freaking out, we will see what they are really capable of, in September.

Only way we win, is if the Lions are more vanilla. Preseason games are not that fun to watch(imho). I used to be against canceling preseason games, I'm not anymore, they are worthless. Coaches don't need these games to truly evaluate their young guys.
    It's all about getting out of there healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post

I could care less if we lose, but a little better showing by the offense would be nice.

I would like to see a little crisper play on offense, no penalties and no drops by the receivers.

That would make me feel a little better and yes its all about me!

I'll second Max on the getting out healthy too!

vCash
    We go three and out on the first series...and folks will be kicking the windows down to crawl out onto the ledge.

Fan...atic.

So happy its football season again.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    We go three and out on the first series...and folks will be kicking the windows down to crawl out onto the ledge.

Fan...atic.

So happy its football season again.

-Stork
    By game six i'll let you push me off the ledge. How bout that?

Seriously though my attention will be fixed on Khalil Mack this game. I want to see this kid progress and become the beast i know he'll eventually be. Forget the Von Miller comparisons. I'm thinking Lawrence Taylor. Yes i went there. Their heads are shaped the same atleast...

vCash
    Honestly, I think everyone has pretty much recalibrated their expectations. All I want at this point is for signs of improvement and everyone to remain healthy.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    And, oh yeah... Go Raiders!!!!
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    I am not worried in the least. If we look bad game 1, then I might worry a little bit. It will come together!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am not worried in the least. If we look bad game 1, then I might worry a little bit. It will come together!
    If they look bad in preseason, I'm pretty sure the result will be the same in regular season.

vCash
    Where's obie?? I know it's only a preseason game, but he needs the practice, just as the Raiders do.

Obie????????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Honestly, I think everyone has pretty much recalibrated their expectations. All I want at this point is for signs of improvement and everyone to remain healthy.
    Yup.

Detroit has a big-time offense -- they can run, pass and score. Adding Ebron to the mix only makes them more dangerous.

If Oakland can compete, vanilla-for-vanilla, against the Lion offense, that will be a good sign. If they get run off the field, it won't be the end of the world... but it won't be reassuring, either.

Fewer drops and penalties will make the Raiders look much better, regardless. Sharper play will be a good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    If they look bad in preseason, I'm pretty sure the result will be the same in regular season.
    That's a stupid thing to say. There's been many teams that went 4-0 in preseason only to ***** the bed when it counts. Namely, the 2008 Detroit Lions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMac56 View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say. There's been many teams that went 4-0 in preseason only to ***** the bed when it counts. Namely, the 2008 Detroit Lions.
    Where did I say anything about winning? I've already said winning in preseason is meaningless.

vCash
    dont care about preseason W's , however players coming out tough and showing an understanding of the playbook is important. I would like to see us shut megatron down for a possession or two (not sure how much he will play. We looked lost last week, it would be encouraging to see gains in this area

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast