Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do??

vCash

What to do??

Really .. What do we do? This offense is horrible from top to bottom.

Mez is doing a great job.
    Frazier is starting to come down to earth. Hamilton is a weapon. After that.... Nothing. Absolutely nothing . If we play against the American League, can we bat our pitcher and dh for our SS ? This isn't a Walt thing.... No way was you going to fix this at the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Really .. What do we do? This offense is horrible from top to bottom.

Mez is doing a great job.
    Frazier is starting to come down to earth. Hamilton is a weapon. After that.... Nothing. Absolutely nothing . If we play against the American League, can we bat our pitcher and dh for our SS ? This isn't a Walt thing.... No way was you going to fix this at the deadline.
    Injuries have killed us, any offense is going to struggle with 2 of your top hitters missing. If you replace Votto and Phillips with Negron and Santiago, you're going to struggle.

Hamilton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Votto
    Meso
    Phillips
    Ludwick
    Cozart

Is a damn good lineup. If we can just sneak in the playoffs, with our pitching staff, we could be dangerous. A big IF though, we just gotta hope we can keep it in a reasonable amount of games and hope to get healthy and steal a WC spot.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I'm with ya red.... However would a change like still trying to find a bat in left or at third( and put Frazier at SS) a rhelm of a possibility?

vCash
    I'm with ya red.... However would a change like still trying to find a bat in left or at third( and put Frazier at SS) a rhelm of a possibility?
    I don't see an upgrade in LF available at this point in the year, that would be worth the price. I don't think Frazier has the range to play SS, and there aren't many good hitting SS's anyway and Cozart has a very good, if not the best glove in the league there. I think we address LF in the offseason but go forward with the rest of the team.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    In terms of Next year I see us trying to extend Cueto OR Latos and trading the other, while re-signing Leake.

Cueto/Latos
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Simon(stop-gap for Stephenson)

It would be a good enough rotation and the pitcher we trade out of Cueto/Latos should net us a couple top positional prospects, which our system badly needs.
    Last edited by CodeRed; 08-13-2014 at 04:36 PM.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Again, Im with ya Red..... However I think Fraizer has enough range to consider. Cozart is unbearable to watch at the plate. If he could just move runners from time to time or lay a bunt... anything. Obviously we will be better when Phillips and Votto get back but the Cozart situation has to be addressed sometime or another. But with all said and done, Bruce isn't producing or we may be knocking at the door in first place if he was having a year like last year.

Don't mind me Im just whinning out loud... Frustrated.

vCash
    Again, Im with ya Red..... However I think Fraizer has enough range to consider. Cozart is unbearable to watch at the plate. If he could just move runners from time to time or lay a bunt... anything. Obviously we will be better when Phillips and Votto get back but the Cozart situation has to be addressed sometime or another. But with all said and done, Bruce isn't producing or we may be knocking at the door in first place if he was having a year like last year.

Don't mind me Im just whinning out loud... Frustrated.
    Can't blame you, Bruce is easily the most frustrating player in the lineup though, such a streaky hitter. I would also consider moving Meso to LF to extend his career, while upgrading. Pena could hold down the fort for a year behind the plate while Barnhardt and Rossmel Perez are groomed for the year after.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    You both make since and I think I am at the point now where I am going to trust Walt. He is going to do the right thing. He may be conservative but he rarely makes dumb trades. He just doesn't jepordies the system for players who are not impact players. I think he will find someone to play left next year and we may not like the move but we will keep Stephenson and Winker for the future. I think Negron's progress makes it easier to trade BP this year in order to get a right handed bat to play left field.

I do want to throw something out there. What about getting Tulo? Don't know what his contract is like I know its not team friendly but would you move Stephenson for him? It is something to think about this offseason ought to be fun regardless.

CF Hamilton
    3B Frazier
    SS Tulo
    1B Joey
    LF ?
    RF Jay
    C Mes
    2B Negron
    P
    Last edited by ChrisSabo17; 08-15-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    You both make since and I think I am at the point now where I am going to trust Walt. He is going to do the right thing. He may be conservative but he rarely makes dumb trades. He just doesn't jepordies the system for players who are not impact players. I think he will find someone to play left next year and we may not like the move but we will keep Stephenson and Winker for the future. I think Negron's progress makes it easier to trade BP this year in order to get a right handed bat to play left field.

I do want to throw something out there. What about getting Tulo? Don't know what his contract is like I know its not team friendly but would you move Stephenson for him? It is something to think about this offseason ought to be fun regardless.

CF Hamilton
    3B Frazier
    SS Tulo
    1B Joey
    LF ?
    RF Jay
    C Mes
    2B Negron
    P
    I would trade Stephenson for him, but other teams can and will offer better prospect(s) for him. Negron is still a HUGE step down from Phillips.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I like everyone's ideas however I believe Stephenson is untouchable at this point simply cause of the Cueto and Latos contract issues that are upcoming.

Does anyone know... can Mes play third? if so move Frazier to ss or left. Just saying.

vCash
    I like everyone's ideas however I believe Stephenson is untouchable at this point simply cause of the Cueto and Latos contract issues that are upcoming.

Does anyone know... can Mes play third? if so move Frazier to ss or left. Just saying.
    I doubt it, third isn't easy to transition to and I don't recall him having any past experience there. If he gets work at another position it will be LF.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    If anyone moves to SS, even though I don't think it will happen, it will be Billy Hamilton IMO. He played there in the minors, and even though he's shown gold glove ability in CF, CF's are a lot easier to find than SS's.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash

He couldn't. Price asked him about playing 1st and he said no, and that position is easier to learn than third. He's also too big to play 3rd base. Also I don't think Frazier would make a good SS.

vCash
    Well, really doesn't matter. Its all but over for this year. Can't put things together right now.

Hope all fans are ready for the next couple of years. The way I see it with the big contracts (Votto, Baily, so on)
    we will have a hard time retaining Cueto, Latos, Chapman, and Leake. At this point we would be lucky to retain any of them.

vCash
    If we retain Cueto or Latos AND Leake, I'd be satisfied. I'm not real concerned about our pitching because that is the depth of our system.

Latos/Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani

Is a decent front four of a rotation, with potential top of the rotation guys waiting in the minors. The one that we don't extend out of Latos or Cueto NEEDS to be traded for a couple good position prospects we're seriously lacking them at the moment outside of Winker and maybe Ervin.

''Sig by Johnle''

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast