Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mark Davis has "intensified his desire" to move to Los Angeles.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Raiders owner Mark Davis has "intensified his desire" to move to Los Angeles.
    Per sources, Davis has been "spending oodles of time in the area." The report comes on the same day the San Antonio Express-News reported a Raiders move to Texas is a "long shot." What's clear is that Davis is tired of getting nowhere in talks with Oakland. Whether he's looking for leverage or serious about moving, Davis is upping the ante on the Bay Area.
    Source: CBSSports.com Aug 12 - 10:53 PM
    "Don't worry about the horses being blind.......just load the wagon!"
    ~~John Madden

vCash
    Good to hear. Mark Davis needs to put some serious pressure on Oakland and if they don't come through a move to L.A. would be awesome, a shiny new state of the art stadium.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    Oakland has to figure out how bad they want the Raiders. If not, some other city will get them. I love the OAKLAND Raiders...it sounds sooo sweet, but in a dump? Los Angeles Raiders will suffice again....

vCash
    LA is the next best and most realistic place for the Raiders, especially for financial purposes, if Oakland can't figure something out. The LA market would be great for the franchise, and the fan base is still there, too.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    I would love nothing more for my Raiders to come down to LA. I'll be buying my season tix as soon as they make the move.

vCash
    So where are those that think MD is a big dum dum? Good for him, put pressure on those bastards to get a good stadium deal or a new home for the team.

vCash
    I'm sure Mark is looking at all the LA options. And as far as I know, none involve using public funds to build a new stadium. The Ed Roski proposal east of downtown was to get a 30% ownership stake in exchange for the stadium.

The Raiders are among the least valuable franchises in the NFL, and a move to LA into a new stadium could double the value. Mark could give up a significant share in the team and still increase his ownership equity.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    Let's see, this comes out. Yesterday Magic was at practice, then this hits the press:

http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/m...rs-317151.html

So Mark wants to move, and Magic thinks LA has a team coming.

Let's get this done gents. I would love to see Magic involved in some capacity, not that he has ever been mentioned in that context.

vCash
    Until MD says he's done with Oakland or Oakland says they can't do it........this means nothing to me.

vCash
    Raiders still have deep roots in SoCal
    August, 13, 2014
    By Paul Gutierrez | ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raid...roots-in-socal

vCash
    The Raiders get a rambunctious greeting in Oxnard, the LA talk percolates… Yes, this all probably means what you think it means
    Posted on August 13, 2014 by Tim Kawakami

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...s-think-means/

vCash
    I heard about this yesterday, property in the Hollywood area and playing at UCLA until the brand new shiny stadium is built.

The time is now. If it happens, I'm getting season tickets.
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 08-13-2014 at 02:03 PM.

vCash
    I think that as this "move the team" drama continues to swirl and evolve, its effect on the team players/coaches will not be positive. I would think most of the team lives in the bay area at present, and relocating is typically a bit stressful. Especially when you dont know if you're going to Texas, or Southern Cal, or ??.

I say this might warrant giving DA and RM a few more years regardless of the season end record this year.

I'm sure that wont be a popular opinion, but I just wanted to toss it out there.
    SB
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Yesssss I'm soooo excited glad the LA rumors are heating back up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sHellsBells12 View Post
    I think that as this "move the team" drama continues to swirl and evolve, its effect on the team players/coaches will not be positive. I would think most of the team lives in the bay area at present, and relocating is typically a bit stressful. Especially when you dont know if you're going to Texas, or Southern Cal, or ??.

I say this might warrant giving DA and RM a few more years regardless of the season end record this year.

I'm sure that wont be a popular opinion, but I just wanted to toss it out there.
    SB
    It wouldn't be stressful for anyone if the move was just to LA. Many players keep homes elsewhere and fly into Oakland anyway. They would just need to change their tickets to LA. As for the players that do live in the Bay Area, it's a short flight to LA. Most would relocate during the offseason or keep LA apartments with fellow team members during the regular season. It's not a big deal. This sort of thing happens now.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast