Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

ESPN West Standings: featuring Thorpe

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...west-standings

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...west-standings

Interesting. (Portland 4, Dallas 5, Grizzlies 6). I agree, but many felt different.

lebron lebron. Carmelo.
    Houston.
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 08-12-2014 at 09:46 PM.

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    These are so stupid every year and I'll give a few reasons why.

1. The Thunder ranked first the last 3 years, yet the Spurs were the 1 seed every year by a couple games.

2. They expect these teams to win LESS when guys like Westbrook/CP3/Leonard missed a bunch of games last year?? If anything I think the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers have a real shot to all surpass 60 wins.

3. The Mavs are 5 when teams like the Warriors/Grizzlies/Blazers were all proven last year and should all improve (Grizzlies were like 40-13 to end the season when Gasol came back if I recall). Let this damn team play at least a few games before crowning them the elite of the elite in the toughest conference at any given time in NBA history.

4. Why are the 4 and 5 seeds barely cracking 50 wins when last year they had 54 wins a piece? 50 wins for example would of been 7 seed last year (Memphis).

vCash
    I have HOU missing the playoffs next year. The entire west got better while they got way worse.

Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Mavericks
    Warriors
    Blazers
    Nuggets

I like the Nuggets the most out of HOU, PHO, NOP and DENV. Even though they are my team they are deep, have great 2 way players and are getting 2 starters back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    These are so stupid every year and I'll give a few reasons why.

1. The Thunder ranked first the last 3 years, yet the Spurs were the 1 seed every year by a couple games.

2. They expect these teams to win LESS when guys like Westbrook/CP3/Leonard missed a bunch of games last year?? If anything I think the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers have a real shot to all surpass 60 wins.

3. The Mavs are 5 when teams like the Warriors/Grizzlies/Blazers were all proven last year and should all improve (Grizzlies were like 40-13 to end the season when Gasol came back if I recall). Let this damn team play at least a few games before crowning them the elite of the elite in the toughest conference at any given time in NBA history.

4. Why are the 4 and 5 seeds barely cracking 50 wins when last year they had 54 wins a piece? 50 wins for example would of been 7 seed last year (Memphis).
    they have systematically played the spurs 3-5 games lower every year since like 2010. I think one had the spurs winning 45games.

vCash
    Pre-season rankings are just like opinions in that everyone's got them, hardly any of them are based on fact and most of them suck. For that matter, pre-season rankings literally are opinions. So I don't really know why I needed a comparison in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    I have HOU missing the playoffs next year. The entire west got better while they got way worse.

Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Mavericks
    Warriors
    Blazers
    Nuggets

I like the Nuggets the most out of HOU, PHO, NOP and DENV. Even though they are my team they are deep, have great 2 way players and are getting 2 starters back.
    Willing to sig bet on that? Because I'm certainly game. The Rockets will absolutely make the playoffs next year, and I honestly think they're going to have a better record than last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Willing to sig bet on that? Because I'm certainly game. The Rockets will absolutely make the playoffs next year, and I honestly think they're going to have a better record than last season.
    Sig bet. They do not have a better record than last season. Callin u out right now.

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Sig bet. They do not have a better record than last season. Callin u out right now.
    I'm still waiting on you to accept my sig bet about them not making the playoffs.

vCash
    I'm still waiting on you to accept my sig bet about them not making the playoffs.
    I will sig bet that the Mavs seed higher than the Roxs.

vCash
    Typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This is Kyrie's team, he won allstar game mvp last year. If Lebron doesn't want to cooperate he can be traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    we wont make the playoffs but will be better than Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    I will sig bet that the Mavs seed higher than the Roxs.
    But why? You're not even a Mavs fan? I'd much rather make that bet with a Mavericks fan and preferably someone who's been around long enough that I actually trust a sig bet will stick with them a year from now.

vCash
    But why? You're not even a Mavs fan? I'd much rather make that bet with a Mavericks fan and preferably someone who's been around long enough that I actually trust a sig bet will stick with them a year from now.
    If you have doubt, you don't need to accept. I thought it wouldn't matter who you sig bet if you know you can win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    If you have doubt, you don't need to accept. I thought it wouldn't matter who you sig bet if you know you can win it.
    I don't know that I can win it. Predicting anything in sports is a total crapshoot. Do I think Houston will finish with a better record than Dallas? Yeah, I do. How confident am I in saying that? Probably like 55%. And I'd be a ****ing idiot to say otherwise. The difference between finishing 4th and 9th in the West last season was only six games, and a million things that can happen throughout the course of a season. Plus, these are two totally different rosters now with a ton of different variables that are completely up in the air.

Anybody who says they are sure about a team's position in the standings three months before the season even starts is a total moron.

vCash
    I don't know that I can win it. Predicting anything in sports is a total crapshoot. Do I think Houston will finish with a better record than Dallas? Yeah, I do. How confident am I in saying that? Probably like 55%. And I'd be a ****ing idiot to say otherwise. The difference between finishing 4th and 9th in the West last season was only six games, and a million things that can happen throughout the course of a season. Plus, these are two totally different rosters now with a ton of different variables that are completely up in the air.

Anybody who says they are sure about a team's position in the standings three months before the season even starts is a total moron.
    No confidence in your team?

vCash
    Honestly, Although Howard and Harden are talented, the Rockets took a huge hit this offseason while most of the west got better. I dont think Kevin Mchale is a good coach either.

Rockets would be at the 8th seed or just miss the playoffs if phoneix plays well.
    No way the nuggets make it, are you kidding me to whoever put the nuggets in 8th haha

[/Center]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast