Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who Do You Consider Legit "Big 3's" In The League? Where Do You Rank Them?

All the Cleveland with Love talk got me thinking about the whole concept of "Big 3". Is it 3 players on the all star roster? Is it just 3 elite level players statistically? Which teams have a "Big 3"? I will list some of the best trios, tell me your thoughts.

Cavs: Lebron/Love/Irving

Thunder: Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka

Clippers: Griffin/CP3/DJ

Bulls: Rose/Noah/Gasol

Spurs: Parker/Duncan/Leonard

Blazers: Aldridge/Lillard/Batum

Warriors: Curry/Bogut (or Thompson)/Iggy

My Trio Ranking:

1. Cavs
    2. Thunder
    3. Clippers
    4. Bulls (if Rose returns to MVP form, if not then Spurs)
    5. Warriors
    6. Spurs
    7. Blazers
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-12-2014 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    1. Cavs
    2. Clippers
    3. Trail Blazers
    4. Spurs

I don't consider Gasol a big time player (anymore), and I don't think Ibaka is on that superstar level, either. (He's getting there, but not quite there yet.)

Noah/Rose and Durant/Westbrook alone are probably better than most of those 'big three' though.

vCash
    Only Cleveland, San Antonio and OKC have Big 3s in my opinion. Not sure about Pau, DJ or Batum being all-star caliber, much less elite.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    It's hard to say.

LAC has great CHEMISTRY, and that counts for a lot, but when it comes to DaJ, he's really just a rebounder that defends well. It's not like he's got a great all around game. I wouldn't consider him a star, though I would consider him their third best player.

The problem with 'big 3' is that every has three top scorers, and that is how a lot of people rank it.

Look at the Warriors, and they got three All-Star players on their (Curry, Iggy and Lee) and two potential future ones in Klay Thompson and Barnes, but... are they elite guys? Curry is. I like that roster a lot and I would rank them high.

Looking at the Cavs, I think LBJ and Love will be great together on offense... I'm curious to see how Irving meshes with them. On paper, that is three All-Star who are currently AT an All-Star level, but what will the chemistry be like?

In terms of chemistry, the Spurs, as champs, are on top. Leonard was the MVP, Parker is likely their best play, and Duncan is their most consistent player who is their rock on defense, but Manu plays better than Leonard on a lot of nights... it is more of balanced team effort.

The Clippers and the Warriors are next on my list in terms of chemistry, but the Warrior are more about depth and eveybody sharing the ball, where as the Clippers clearly have two franchise players and specialty players around them, the most important o whom is Jordan.

To me, a 'Big Three' is no just three All-Stars, it is three franchise players, as in guys you can build a playoff team around (Kareem, Magic, Worthy; Wade, LeBron, Bosh). The current Cavs roster, assuming Love is on the team, only has one of the three who has led a team to the playoffs. I would call Love a franchise player, and Irving has the potential, but I haven't seen enough from him yet.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Just because I knew this would come up, I will post some metrics of DJ. Not trying to argue, because I want you guys to all give different opinions and value them (sincerely).

DJ: PER 18 , WS/48 .186 (14th best in league), Ortg 121 (5th best in league), Drtg 98.5 (8th best in league). Statistically he's not far behind prime Tyson Chandler at this point. He's far from a superstar, but as a 3rd piece he's statistically in the discussion with Leonard, Irving, Iggy, Ibaka, Batum etc.

vCash
    Added the Warriors. They belong in the discussion too.

vCash
    Spurs have a big 4. No other team has a better big 4.

vCash
    Haha It's funny you need to talk about your Clippers, and rate them paper champions of the world. Any basketball thread you start, ends with us talking about your paper champs. I won't say anything about your beloved clips cause I don't want to start a hate war.......Oh yeah, Cavs by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesTwinsWolve View Post
    Haha It's funny you need to talk about your Clippers, and rate them paper champions of the world. Any basketball thread you start, ends with us talking about your paper champs. I won't say anything about your beloved clips cause I don't want to start a hate war.......Oh yeah, Cavs by far.
    It's an interesting topic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    Spurs have a big 4. No other team has a better big 4.
    Yea.. the Spurs are just the best TEAM, which is why their "Big 3" is only maybe the 5th or 6th best. They have a 4th guy not much worse than their 3rd as you said, and the best depth in the league (maybe not on paper, but when it counts everyone steps up).

vCash
    Cavs
    Okc
    Clips
    Spurs
    GS
    Bulls
    Blazers

But the spurs got that sweet sweet system where everyone contributes and it is run flawlessly
    Oh and they have Pop

They're 1st in that sense no doubt
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacarron View Post
    Only Cleveland, San Antonio and OKC have Big 3s in my opinion. Not sure about Pau, DJ or Batum being all-star caliber, much less elite.
    This. The "Big 3" term is used way too liberally. It shouldn't only be used on trios who each are currently all-stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    This. The "Big 3" term is used way too liberally. It shouldn't only be used on trios who each are currently all-stars.
    Thing is all star votes are also given too liberally bro. Not to mention in the east making an all star team is twice as easy. For example if you put Ibaka/DJ in the east, zero doubt they make the all star team with the types of bigs that get in over there. I think "all star caliber" in terms of statistics is far more consistent than all star appearances/votes.

In general I agree "Big 3" has become way too liberally used probably and the meaning has changed over the last few years. I just thought it might make for an interesting topic since it could potentially involve at least 6-7 teams who have 3 all star CALIBER or PRODUCTION players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Added the Warriors. They belong in the discussion too.
    Warriors are a tough one cause you have curry as a tier one type player then you Lee, Klay, Bogut (not flashy but his impact on the team is crazy) and Iggy who all qualify as 2/3 tier type players. I'd say in terms of flash it's curry, lee, Klay. In terms of must have on the court is curry and Bogut with any of the remaining 3 filling out the last spot.

vCash
    http://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/2...l-30-nba-teams

Go ahead and shut the servers down with your hate!! HAHA

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast