Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Message

vCash

A Message

I offer this message under the unique perspective of having unexpectedly lost my father at a rather young age just last night/early this morning. Though he had been battling adverse conditions, he was subject to an accident that provided circumstances unable to be overcome.

I offer this not in search of sympathy or to provide an explanation as to why I may be absent in coming days, but to reaffirm the truly significant things in life. Our passions are fun and often admirable, but we mustn't lose sight that the highs and lows experienced through our fandom are of strict leisure and relatively insignificant. I too can be accused for participating in contentious exchange with posters here. Unfortunately, per the natural tendency to lose sight of true importance, I very well may again. In this state of reflection, I offer my apologies to those with whom my interactions were likely too personal and severe for the topics of a mere game.

Do not lose sight that we are people behind the impersonal presence on a forum. We are more than screen names and certainly defined by much more than our viewpoints on our beloved Raiders. I urge everyone to increase efforts to not only respect one another and appreciate individual perspective, but to make conscious attempts to understand the derivation and reasoning behind said perspective. I urge everyone to acknowledge our commonality as a community of shared passion and interest, and place that commonality above our differences.

This is but a mere forum created for the purpose of discussing a mere game. Still, appreciate it's ability to forge relationship above its ability to spur debate. We can be friends to the extent allowed by such an impersonal medium. Acknowledge one another as equals of equal joys and adversities presented by life. This forum is a collection of people, not simply posters.

For as long as this message resonates, contemplate the worthiness of tension before engagement. Recognize one another as allies and not sparring partners. Our hopes are shared. Our interests are united. Our lives our real. Thanks
    Last edited by Renz13; 08-12-2014 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    My prayers go out to you and your family. What may seem as a loss is a gain in heaven. Wish you the best. Message well put.

vCash
    God Bless to you and yours.

Much love to all my brothers and Sisters of our great Raiders Nation!!!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I'm sorry for your loss sir. And as always, well said. Best wishes to you and your family, friend. May your father rest in peace.

vCash
    Thoughts and prayers are with my friend!

vCash
    Renz you are one of my favorite posters, I wish you and your family my condolences and best wishes, stay strong. We are all brothers here, I feel we can argue points and in the end we all want the same thing. Stay strong

vCash
    Sorry to hear about your loss =( ... Nothing but love from the Raider Nation.

vCash
    That's absolutely tragic, and I'm sorry for your loss.

It's worth remembering that there are real people behind the avatar's and posting names. Let's all remember that football is supposed to be fun, and nowhere nearly as important as our real lives / real families.

vCash

A Message

Be well Renz. I lost my mom 15 years ago...she was 54. It's tough stuff losing someone early.

My thoughts go with you brother.

-Stork

vCash
    Lost my dad 2 years ago. I was 25. Be strong for others in ur family. I personally felt nothing more gratifying then helping my mom and sisters through that horrid time. My prayers go out to you. Be strong

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    May the Lord comfort you Renz. I lost mommy in 2012...she was 63...no promise of tomorrow....prayers going up for you and your family...
    Last edited by N. Cog Neato; 08-13-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato, krsonekth

vCash
    I am truly sorry for your loss.

I greatly appreciate your presence in the forum, and I am glad that you are a part of the Nation.

We will keep you in our prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I offer this message under the unique perspective of having unexpectedly lost my father at a rather young age just last night/early this morning. Though he had been battling adverse conditions, he was subject to an accident that provided circumstances unable to be overcome.

I offer this not in search of sympathy or to provide an explanation as to why I may be absent in coming days, but to reaffirm the truly significant things in life. Our passions are fun and often admirable, but we mustn't lose sight that the highs and lows experienced through our fandom are of strict leisure and relatively insignificant. I too can be accused for participating in contentious exchange with posters here. Unfortunately, per the natural tendency to lose sight of true importance, I very well may again. In this state of reflection, I offer my apologies to those with whom my interactions were likely too personal and severe for the topics of a mere game.

Do not lose sight that we are people behind the impersonal presence on a forum. We are more than screen names and certainly defined by much more than our viewpoints on our beloved Raiders. I urge everyone to increase efforts to not only respect one another and appreciate individual perspective, but to make conscious attempts to understand the derivation and reasoning behind said perspective. I urge everyone to acknowledge our commonality as a community of shared passion and interest, and place that commonality above our differences.

This is but a mere forum created for the purpose of discussing a mere game. Still, appreciate it's ability to forge relationship above its ability to spur debate. We can be friends to the extent allowed by such an impersonal medium. Acknowledge one another as equals of equal joys and adversities presented by life. This forum is a collection of people, not simply posters.

For as long as this message resonates, contemplate the worthiness of tension before engagement. Recognize one another as allies and not sparring partners. Our hopes are shared. Our interests are united. Our lives our real. Thanks
    My God my brother i can't tell you how sorry i am for your loss. Renz no matter what was said between us in anger and misunderstanding i will always consider you a brother.

Your opinions on football and life are respected by me and many others ,and me and my family will say a special prayer for you and yours tonight God bless you and keep you safe my brother onelove.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Renz, I am sorry to hear of your fathers passing. My prayers to you and your family.
    I have always enjoyed your commentary on this forum and look forward to more of it in the years to follow.

In the meantime take care my friend.

vCash

A Message

Renz, you have my deepest condolences, my prayers will be with you and your family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast