Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulls

    11 52.38%
  • Hawks

    6 28.57%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

    4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Plaines, IL
    Posts
    20,452
    vCash
    1200

    2014 NBA Mock Playoffs 2nd Round: (1) Chicago Bulls vs (4) Atlanta Hawks

    Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site took the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Mock Offseason.

    Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

    Bulls have home court advantage.

    Chicago Bulls Depth Chart:
    PG: Goran Dragic/Kirk Hinrich/Shaun Livingston
    SG: Lance Stephenson/Randy Foye/Goran Dragic/Tony Snell
    SF: Chandler Parsons/Jared Dudley/Lance Stephenson/Carlos Delfino
    PF: Chris Bosh/Ersan Ilyasova/Trevor Booker
    C: Joakim Noah/Chris Bosh/Trevor Booker/Alexis Ajinca/Rudy Gobert

    Atlanta Hawks Depth Chart:
    PG: Chris Paul - Andre Miller - Shelvin Mack
    SG: Dion Waiters - Thabo Sefolosha - Mike Miller
    SF: Marvin Williams - Andrei Kirilenko - Mike Miller
    PF: Zach Randolph - Terrence Jones - Michael Beasley
    C: Al Horford - Jason Smith - Elton Brand

    Bulls Writeup:
    1.Favorable Matchups
    This Hawks team is a wonderful matchup for us. Because the Hawks have such a mediocre player in Waiters at SG, we will have Lance matchup on CP3 and ďhideĒ Dragic on Waiters. Weíre confident that Lanceís tenacious and brutish style of defense will limit Paulís impact. On the other side, Waiters has to guard one of our players, and whether itís Dragic or Stephenson, they will be at a significant disadvantage. We have another significant matchup advantage at small forward with Chandler Parsons. The Hawks had to dumpster dive to find a starting SF in Marvin Williams, while we have a budding star. Parsons is more effective than Williams is nearly every facet of the game, leading us to believe that he will have a huge series. Our advantages in the post seal the deal in this series. Because Chris Bosh will no longer be asked to carry the defensive load as he did in Miami, he will be much more effective on offense and should be able to torch Z-Bo. Additionally, Z-Bo has seen a marked decline over the past few seasons and is clearly not the low-post brute he once was. The matchup of centers should speak for itself. On one hand, we have the 1st Team All-NBA center and Reigning Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah, while the Hawks have 29 game wonder Al Horford. Even if Horford is miraculously healthy for this season, he remains a lesser passer, defender, and overall player than Noah. After watching the Spurs eviscerate the Heat in the NBA Finals this year, we became determined to build our team around the Spurs model. We have put together a roster with no weaknesses and copious amounts of passing, shooting, and defense. While the Hawks have a transcendent player in Chris Paul, he is surrounded by a mixture of scrubs, injury-prone players, and players on the decline. Throw home-court advantage on top of that, and we are confident that we will advance to the next round.

    2.This Bulls teams is set up a lot like the San Antonio Spurs of 2013-14 in that we donít have a ball-dominant, bonafide #1 scorer. Instead, we feature all-star caliber players throughout the line-up who, playing team basketball, can make up for the fact that we donít have a top 5 player in the game. Why? Because we have solid defenders 1-5. We have amazing spacing with forwards like Parsons and Bosh that are very good jump shooters. We have a defensive anchor and force in the paint in Joakim Noah. We have a distributor in Goran Dragic who can also play off of the ball, allowing us some really juicy match-ups with both he and one of Livingston/Hinrich in the game. Overall, this is a team without one super flashy player, but the best team 1 through 5 in this entire mock by a mile.

    3.Specifically on the Hawks, letís not forget what happens when CP3 has to play hero ball in the playoffs (and make no mistake, his supporting cast here is nothing special). His teams in New Orleans routinely featured at the bottom of the Western Conference playoff bracket, and were dispatched in the first round. The fact of the matter is, it is very hard to win with your PG as your best player. Itís doubly hard when the rest of your roster is pretty mediocre.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    10,916
    vCash
    1500
    CP3 time!
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

    Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

    Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    bump 4 votes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,425
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    CP3 time!
    Are you Atlanta? If so, why no write-up?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    20,572
    vCash
    1187
    I think we have a good matchup against a good bulls team. I think Paul is by far the best pg in the league and as good as dragic is I think Paul handles that. We will bring soon off the bench and let thabo slow down lance, dion is a very solid scorer for our bench. Then we have Williams to spread the floor and Ak47 to come bother parsons off the bench. Bosh may be better then zbo but zbo style of play will give bosh trouble. Al horford is a stud and will battle with Noah throught the game, we have the advantage on the boards and we have the best player in the series.
    3 time sim league Champion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I think we have a good matchup against a good bulls team. I think Paul is by far the best pg in the league and as good as dragic is I think Paul handles that. We will bring soon off the bench and let thabo slow down lance, dion is a very solid scorer for our bench. Then we have Williams to spread the floor and Ak47 to come bother parsons off the bench. Bosh may be better then zbo but zbo style of play will give bosh trouble. Al horford is a stud and will battle with Noah throught the game, we have the advantage on the boards and we have the best player in the series.
    Thabo is really not that great anymore. His chances of slowing down Lance are pretty slim. Kirilenko doesn't have the wheels these days to guard someone like Parsons on the perimeter. Bosh would torch Z-Bo mercilessly with his mid-range game. Noah would absolutely lock down Horford, and you know it. You have major rim protections issues, which is going to really hamper your chances in a match-up where our starting guards are both great at attacking and finishing at the hoop. Mind-blowing that the voting on this is close, because the Bulls blow this Hawks team out of the water handily.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    10,916
    vCash
    1500
    FYI

    The games are a little old so take it with a grain of salt, but: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=noahjo01

    56% FG for Horford, and about 14 points per game, including early games where he wasnt featured in the offense.

    So no, I dont think Noah will "lock down" Horford. Horford is a top 5 offensive center and he won't just be shut down
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

    Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

    Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    FYI

    The games are a little old so take it with a grain of salt, but: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=noahjo01

    56% FG for Horford, and about 14 points per game, including early games where he wasnt featured in the offense.

    So no, I dont think Noah will "lock down" Horford. Horford is a top 5 offensive center and he won't just be shut down
    The teams are in the same conference. You know why the games are "old?" Because Horford can't stay on the court. Horford hasn't had a decent performance against Noah since DECEMBER OF 2012.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    10,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    The teams are in the same conference. You know why the games are "old?" Because Horford can't stay on the court. Horford hasn't had a decent performance against Noah since DECEMBER OF 2012.
    So I prove you wrong about Noah ever shutting down Horford, and you instead jump to Horford's injuries, even though 100% health is assumed for these games? OK homie
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

    Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

    Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,425
    vCash
    2502
    I love that Chicago team, but Atlanta might end up being their kryptonite. I want to see more debate before voting in this thing, but I might be leaning slightly toward Atlanta at this point. I would like to see Atlanta try to defend their wings a little more, though, because I'm not really a fan of their 2 and 3 spots. As crazy as it sounds, I might actually start Mike Miller at SF for 25 minutes a game and just give Kirilenko and Marvin whatever is left afterward.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love that Chicago team, but Atlanta might end up being their kryptonite. I want to see more debate before voting in this thing, but I might be leaning slightly toward Atlanta at this point. I would like to see Atlanta try to defend their wings a little more, though, because I'm not really a fan of their 2 and 3 spots. As crazy as it sounds, I might actually start Mike Miller at SF for 25 minutes a game and just give Kirilenko and Marvin whatever is left afterward.
    You have to be kidding me. This entire vote is a joke and a farce. Our team is obviously superior. Atlanta can't even make a semblance of a competent argument that their team would win a seven games series over these Bulls. The only people voting for the Hawks are noobs and revenge voters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,425
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You have to be kidding me. This entire vote is a joke and a farce. Our team is obviously superior. Atlanta can't even make a semblance of a competent argument that their team would win a seven games series over these Bulls. The only people voting for the Hawks are noobs and revenge voters.
    You saying "our team is clearly superior" is not a legitimate argument. If you want to make a case for your team, make a case, but don't just speak in generalities and expect to get respect of veteran voters. You didn't back up a single argument in your write-up with numbers.

    For example, you suggested that Randolph fell of substantially last season, but you could argue it was his best season in 3-4 years. I hardly think 17/10/3 suggests that he's no longer a legitimate offensive threat. Also, his head-to-head numbers against Bosh are pretty even. I don't see that as a clear victory for Chicago.

    Then you diminished Horford's impact by suggesting he'll necessarily get injured. But Noah hasn't exactly been the epitome of good health. He might not have missed such large chunks of the seasons as Horford has in two of the last three years, but he's missed 16 games or more in three of the last five seasons. Plus, Horford has so clearly dominated Noah in recent head-to-head matchups and you acting as if Noah is the superior player completely ignores Horford's significant edge on the offensive end of the basketball.

    And your comment that all of the Hawks voters are just noobs or revenge voters is just unfair. I'm looking at the results right now and the Hawks got votes from Chac, Matter and Baller, all PSD NBA game veterans. In fact, they've gotten more votes from PSD game veterans than you have (Lucky and Raps), so that's not a great point.

    If you want to win this thing, quit complaining and start making some legitimate basketball points. You're down by one vote and you're acting like it's 20. And your write-up looks like something you spent about 10 minutes on.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    17,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Plus, Horford has so clearly dominated Noah in recent head-to-head matchups and you acting as if Noah is the superior player completely ignores Horford's significant edge on the offensive end of the basketball.

    And your comment that all of the Hawks voters are just noobs or revenge voters is just unfair. I'm looking at the results right now and the Hawks got votes from Chac, Matter and Baller, all PSD NBA game veterans. In fact, they've gotten more votes from PSD game veterans than you have (Lucky and Raps), so that's not a great point.

    If you want to win this thing, quit complaining and start making some legitimate basketball points. You're down by one vote and you're acting like it's 20. And your write-up looks like something you spent about 10 minutes on.
    1. That statement makes me think you haven't even looked at the head to head numbers. They've played a total of ONE GAME in the past two seasons and Horford shot 30% and scored 6 points.

    2. Baller is likely playing the winner of this matchup, and knowing him, he's choosing the lesser team to improve his odds. I believe this was Matter's first game, and he did a horrific job and was DQ'd. I'd love to hear why Chac (or really anyone else who has voted) voted the way they did.

    3. Your point about the writeup is ironic considering that we were the only team to post a writeup in the second round. Clearly we've put more effort into this game that anyone else left.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,655
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    1. That statement makes me think you haven't even looked at the head to head numbers. They've played a total of ONE GAME in the past two seasons and Horford shot 30% and scored 6 points.

    2. Baller is likely playing the winner of this matchup, and knowing him, he's choosing the lesser team to improve his odds. I believe this was Matter's first game, and he did a horrific job and was DQ'd. I'd love to hear why Chac (or really anyone else who has voted) voted the way they did.

    3. Your point about the writeup is ironic considering that we were the only team to post a writeup in the second round. Clearly we've put more effort into this game that anyone else left.
    Matter was in the nba atrd. His co-gm's were every veteran that he asked help for for every draft pick and trade he made.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,059
    vCash
    3372
    I'm not new to games just the mock and the atrd I'm new to which in the mock my co left me and in the atrd my co and KoB appears to be everyone.. Secondly, in every PSD game there is always voting bias that I have seen so there's no point in complaining about it .. hawks win in 7 btw 8-)
    Sim League SuperSonics 1 Time NBA Sim Champions




    Westbrrok-KCP-Hayward-Nicko T/Noel - Noah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •