Thread: Greg Monroe

vCash

Greg Monroe

Open to sign a 1 year deal...FA in 2015

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...alifying-offer

vCash
    Why is this worthy of a Laker thread?

vCash
    As much as I like Monroe, He is not a need at this point. Now if we were talking Andre Drummond.... That would be a different discussion.

At this point it should be a SF or nothing.

vCash
    we really dont need another big. besides thats 2015. Its a little early for that, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    we really dont need another big. besides thats 2015. Its a little early for that, no?
    They don't? As of right now you have hill and sacre. The lakers are overloaded at power forward. Don't be surprised if the the lakers send hill and/or Randall to Detroit for Greg Monroe

The lost boys

vCash
    would love to have him, wth are we waiting for???
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    in before..

vCash
    Pass

vCash
    We just got rid of one center that was a defensive liability... don't want another.

vCash
    I think the Lakers are trying to be the old guys of the NBA. The game has proven time and time again that you need young, passing, and defensively skilled players to succeed and win. We do not want a Greg Monroe, who, we already know his ceiling. We want a Julius Randle, and potentially 2 good picks next year with our pick at PHO (top 5) and the Rockets (10-15).

I wish we would draft another franchise player so we can watch him grow up a Laker like we did Kobe.

vCash
    Choose one (if either are a real option):
    Greg Monroe: unproven but still young with upside

Eric Bledsoe: good offensive player. Bad knees and often injured.

The lost boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mender View Post
    I think the Lakers are trying to be the old guys of the NBA. The game has proven time and time again that you need young, passing, and defensively skilled players to succeed and win. We do not want a Greg Monroe, who, we already know his ceiling. We want a Julius Randle, and potentially 2 good picks next year with our pick at PHO (top 5) and the Rockets (10-15).

I wish we would draft another franchise player so we can watch him grow up a Laker like we did Kobe.
    How do you know what Greg Monroe's ceiling is? This is a guy who hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself. Look at it this way. Greg Monroe is pretty much at the same point in his career that kwame brown was when the lakers got him. At this point who's better?

The lost boys

vCash
    I do like Detroit other center Andre but if Monroe is available you nab him up. If both him and Bledsoe are available 2015 Lakers should bite. I rather a young player over a rookie any day of the week. Rookies don't win titles. You don't want a team with too many rookies. The days of big centers in the NBA are gone for now. Its all about skill athletic bigs. If Monroe can play center and Randle at pf I think that's a good front court the can cause problems. If hill plays well he stays if not I could see them resigning Boozer.

Bledsoe,Lin,Clarkson
    Kobe,Henry,Clarkston
    Johnson,Young
    Randle,Davis,kelly
    Monroe,Hill,Sacre

Its going to have two traditional centers available in Marc and Asik two jumping jacks Robin Lopez and Jordan. It will also have quite a few other centers on he market. I think it have a few options to build a ggod team next year but its a little to early for that. Gay is not a name some put in LeBron space but its all about team and defense. I say they go with the two most impact players. It all depends on how good Randle is and Clarkston potential.

Lin,Clarkson??
    Kobe,Henry,
    Rudy,Young
    Randle,Boozer,kelly
    Monroe,Davis,Sacre

Its going to be interesting 2015. Lakers and New York will be making moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I do like Detroit other center Andre but if Monroe is available you nab him up. If both him and Bledsoe are available 2015 Lakers should bite. I rather a young player over a rookie any day of the week. Rookies don't win titles. You don't want a team with too many rookies. The days of big centers in the NBA are gone for now. Its all about skill athletic bigs. If Monroe can play center and Randle at pf I think that's a good front court the can cause problems. If hill plays well he stays if not I could see them resigning Boozer.

Bledsoe,Lin,Clarkson
    Kobe,Henry,Clarkston
    Johnson,Young
    Randle,Davis,kelly
    Monroe,Hill,Sacre

Its going to have two traditional centers available in Marc and Asik two jumping jacks Robin Lopez and Jordan. It will also have quite a few other centers on he market. I think it have a few options to build a ggod team next year but its a little to early for that. Gay is not a name some put in LeBron space but its all about team and defense. I say they go with the two most impact players. It all depends on how good Randle is and Clarkston potential.

Lin,Clarkson??
    Kobe,Henry,
    Rudy,Young
    Randle,Boozer,kelly
    Monroe,Davis,Sacre

Its going to be interesting 2015. Lakers and New York will be making moves.
    that's the issue in Detroit. They are super high on Andre Drummond. They paid wayy too much for josh smith. They want to trade him but no one will bite so they are stuck with him. Greg Monroe is the odd man out. If they pay Monroe they won't be able to pay Drummond next summer. I believe the lakers are up to something. They drafted a power forward and signed two more. Some think they overpaid for hill but that is basically a very tradeable one year deal. They didn't bring boozer in to sit on the bench behind a rookie and Ed Davis is gonna get some run. Hill and randle could be gone.

The lost boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    that's the issue in Detroit. They are super high on Andre Drummond. They paid wayy too much for josh smith. They want to trade him but no one will bite so they are stuck with him. Greg Monroe is the odd man out. If they pay Monroe they won't be able to pay Drummond next summer. I believe the lakers are up to something. They drafted a power forward and signed two more. Some think they overpaid for hill but that is basically a very tradeable one year deal. They didn't bring boozer in to sit on the bench behind a rookie and Ed Davis is gonna get some run. Hill and randle could be gone.
    That would be a waste to trade Randle I would wait till 2015 to get Monroe, but I wouldn't overpay though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast