Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

could ESPN be right ? again......

Well the the NBA standings predictions are in and ESPN has us 10th in the east and 10 games worse than Charlotte , Washington and Atlanta... They have us not making playoffs and having a 37- 45 record for 2014 - 15
    Your thoughts?

vCash
    They could be. What did Carl tell you?

vCash
    Calderon and Dalembert started on a team that won 50 games out west and nearly took out the Spurs...

Melo may not be as good as Dirk, but our overall roster is comparable to DAL last year... and I like what we have behind Dalembert at C much more than what DAL had. So this idea that we will all of a sudden struggle to be even .500 and won't make the playoffs in the east? I just don't get it.

Melo has had his teams at close to 50 wins year in and year out... People are making too much out of ONE bad year, I'm willing to bet that was an anomaly.

vCash
    No ESPN is not even close to being right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    No ESPN is not even close to being right.
    I'm with you on this one! Also, I think there's a good chance we won't struggle at the start of the season that bad. A lot of our players are in contract years including Jr; I'm sure he'd love to have a great season so he can opt out and get one more big pay day. In my mind what happened last season doesn't reflect this upcoming season and I'm pretty sure Phil, Fisher, and our team feel the same way.

vCash
    I don't know exactly how good this group will be, but I think they'll be a lot better than last season. Hopefully this will light a fire under them and prove ESPN wrong.

vCash
    I have us in the playoffs

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash

could ESPN be right ? again......

I think we make the playoffs with around 45 wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Calderon and Dalembert started on a team that won 50 games out west and nearly took out the Spurs...

Melo may not be as good as Dirk, but our overall roster is comparable to DAL last year... and I like what we have behind Dalembert at C much more than what DAL had. So this idea that we will all of a sudden struggle to be even .500 and won't make the playoffs in the east? I just don't get it.

Melo has had his teams at close to 50 wins year in and year out... People are making too much out of ONE bad year, I'm willing to bet that was an anomaly.

Melo is better then dirk at this point
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Dirk shot 50/40/90... Melo has never sniffed those numbers.

Melo just scored more b/c he played more minutes and shot a lot more, but Dirk is better...

the teams are comparable though.

vCash
    god everyone thought ESPN was insane last year calling us a 37 win team or something and they nailed it. My guess is we win around 40, miss the playoffs, but with the new lottery weighting win the #1 and select Jahlil.

vCash
    There is no question that this team is better than last year's team. Just looking at the Atlantic Division, if we win, we are guaranteed a 4th seed regardless of the record. That being said, I think we will have a pretty decent, but not stellar record next season.

IMO, this is how it plays out in the Atlantic Division:

Knicks - Vastly improved. There is no reason this team cannot play close to as well as 2 years ago. 52 - 30

Toronto - Toronto will continue to play well, but unlike the Knicks, they really did not improve much over the summer. I see their record improving marginally this year. 50 - 32

Nets - Much worse. The loss of Pierce, Livingston, and Blatche has to be devastating. The return of the fragile Lopez will not offset this loss. Plus Williams has the nagging ankle issues and Johnson is another year closer to retirement. 37 - 45.

Celtics - Nice draft picks for the future, but no real change from last season. 32 - 50.

Philadelphia - This team is building a young and exciting core. But it is obvious that the team still wants one more high draft pick before it becomes relevant. 25 - 57

To me, the nail-biter will be between NY and Toronto. I give NY the slight edge because

1. I am a fan who is clearly prejudiced in favor of the Knicks and
    2. We have Melo.
    3. Overall:

Valenciunas > Any of our Centers
    Johnson = Our Power Forwards
    Ross <<<<< Melo
    Lowry > Any of our Point Guards
    Derozen > Any of our Shooting Guards
    Toronto Depth < Knicks Depth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    god everyone thought ESPN was insane last year calling us a 37 win team or something and they nailed it. My guess is we win around 40, miss the playoffs, but with the new lottery weighting win the #1 and select Jahlil.
    and the year before not even ONE out of 30 analysts said we'd win the division and look what happened... and I called 54 wins that year. THey also said BK would win 60 games last year...

If you pick 30 team win totals you are bound to get lucky and hit on a few... those 37 wins were the result of just about everyone on the team having career worse years... is that what ESPN meant to predict?

Bottom line, all these predictions are useless.

vCash
    If we had fired woodson, we would've made the playoffs with the same roster, with garbage Felton at the point, with the slow start and all the injuries. Even if Herb williams was going to be the coach for the remainder of the season.

The team just needed at change. Woodson had clearly lost the team.
    We still almost managed to sneak into the playoffs.

This year we have a new coach, new front office, a proven system, and hopefully an improved culture.
    That alone should make us better by atleast 4-5 games, which puts us at 41-42 wins.

Now if you factor in JR being healthy and not suspended from the start of the season.
    A true point guard that fits the system.
    A deeper and more balanced roster (two solid Centers,3 point guards,3 shooting guards, depth at sf and pf).
    Melo is signed for the long term, so the free agancy distraction is gone.

We have the "Potential" to be closer to the team we were two years ago.

But its good that ESPN is counting us out, hopefully the team can use that as motivation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Exactly. It's not even close right now, Melo is way better.
    I actually think Melo is a better player than Dirk in his prime, but that's just my opinion.

Lets not forget the loaded teams that Dirk had and he failed to win a championship year after year.
    Melo never had close to that type of talent on his teams.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast