Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Preseason Game 3: Giants 27, Colts 26

Preseason Game 3

Saturday, August 16th
    7:00pm EST on NBC-NY

Player to Watch

#65 LT Will Beatty, 6-6 319 lbs

If there are no setbacks, Beatty should get his first action of the preseason this Saturday. With the offensive line stumbling, getting him back at 100% could go a long way in improving this line.

vCash
    Beckham? I'd have to think game #4. Seeing Beatty back with he online would be great. Tight ends better step up

vCash
    If Beckham is healthy and Beatty plays well we can get by with what we have at TE. We haven't really gotten them involved in the passing game much yet so thats probably still getting installed. We've been insanely simple the first two weeks. Just sticking to the schedule. Dying for Week 1 already
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Beckham? I'd have to think game #4. Seeing Beatty back with he online would be great. Tight ends better step up
    He only got work in 1on1s yesterday. If he progresses quickly this week I could see him playing, but it seems with a hamstring they'd be better off going slow and then getting him work next week when starters will likely play a half or more.

I just want one TE to stand out. Even a little. I'm not expecting Vernon Davis here, just a guy who can get our usual TE production (500 yds, 5 TDs, mostly red zone) and I'm not seeing it. They're really pushing Donnell and I think nerves are getting him.

Would like to see more Fells when he's healthy. With what little I saw he seems solid.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    If Beckham is healthy and Beatty plays well we can get by with what we have at TE. We haven't really gotten them involved in the passing game much yet so thats probably still getting installed. We've been insanely simple the first two weeks. Just sticking to the schedule. Dying for Week 1 already
    Yeah and I'm tired of my casual fan friends FREAKING OUT because the starting offense "looked like crap". They're basically just forcing the 3 wide stuff to get looks with no gameplanning. It seems like a testing phase not failure.

This week will be very interesting though. Sounds like all week they're installing the deep passing stuff. Wondering if the starters get a full half this week.

vCash
    I like what Donnell is doing everywhere except blocking for the most part. And last year I thought he blocked decently well. He looks a little slimmer I think this year. He catches the ball naturally even on that short stuff. I think he'll come into his own and start this year. He needs to block better though.

Fells is solid. Solid at best. Mediocre at worst. He's going to block decently, run routes the way they're drawn, not make a lot of mental errors, and catch the ball if he's open and its thrown to him. But he is very slow. You don't have to be fast in this league, you just have to be not slow. I think Fells is slow. We'll see. I'd like to see both him and Grimble get some more time.

Like you said, somebody needs to do something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I like what Donnell is doing everywhere except blocking for the most part. And last year I thought he blocked decently well. He looks a little slimmer I think this year. He catches the ball naturally even on that short stuff. I think he'll come into his own and start this year. He needs to block better though.

Fells is solid. Solid at best. Mediocre at worst. He's going to block decently, run routes the way they're drawn, not make a lot of mental errors, and catch the ball if he's open and its thrown to him. But he is very slow. You don't have to be fast in this league, you just have to be not slow. I think Fells is slow. We'll see. I'd like to see both him and Grimble get some more time.

Like you said, somebody needs to do something.
    They asked McAdoo about TEs today and apparently he immediately hyped up Donnell. Fells a little too. I think they're just rolling with Donnell.

Maybe its another Ballard situation. A solid guy who's been in the system and needs a few reg season games to get rolling. Not sure Donnell can be the blocker Ballard was, but just mean similar development situation.

I thought Donnell looked great all around last year. Not a top 1 or 2 tier TE, but just a workhorse who gives ya what you need. So I was kinda surprised to see him struggle in blocking so far. Would like to see Eli work him down the seam a few times in the next game. That's where the TE plays need to be made....outside of run blocking.

The biggest disappointment in all of this is Adrien Robinson. I'm still standing by my claim that he's not the JPP of TEs but the Barden of TEs. Lots of hype and potential, but just not putting it together on the field. But I still hope he can be the type of guy who gets a few snaps in the reg season, makes a big play or two and develops from there.

LT56 is offline <---Giants Fan For Life!!
    vCash
    take hakeem nicks head off that's it
    The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new "Honor System", Yes your Honor, No your Honor.

"um,...Brain, Yes Pinky? If Jimmy, Cracks corn and no one cares...why does he keep on doing it?"

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    No need to rush Beckham ...hamstring injuries are lingering ....rest, heat, massages and stretching until he's 100 %. Give Washington and Harris a complete game...get a good look at these guys.

Work these sorry *** TE's...make em block, pass protect and catch...run some damn routes and play like you want a roster spot.

Great test for the defense Saturday

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Beatty and McBride will play. Beckham didn't get 11on11 work today, but Coughlin still not ruling him out for saturday. Surprising.

vCash
    Beckham out for Saturday. Not that surprising. He should be good to go next week for the Jets game.

vCash
    Keep him out as long as possible. Don't need him reinjuring it before the season even starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Keep him out as long as possible. Don't need him reinjuring it before the season even starts.
    Half agree ...he does need to learn the O and get some chemistry with Eli but that doesn't have to happen until our last preseason game and maybe the game before ( did we get 5 this year bc the HOF game or just got the HOF game ?)

vCash
    Yea Coughlin said he should be back for next Friday's "away" game. I hope he's out there with the 1's from the jump, at least in 11 personnel and smaller.

vCash
    Although I cannot watch it, very excited about the game. I really hope we finally are able to make some steps and let Eli complete some passes over 10 yards.

vCash

Preseason Game 3: New York Giants at Indianapolis Colts, Saturday 8/16 7:00pm EST

Was just reading Nassib may be on the roster bubble. To me that is dumb. If Eli goes down we aren't winning with Painter or Nassib. So why not develop Nassib and ax the career 0-8 backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast