Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Has there ever been a player with a bigger downfall than Greg Oden's career?

This guy was without question the number 1 draft pick who had incredible potential, we're talking about the next great big man in NBA history, and then you look at him today and it's just a complete opposite of what he once was. With all the injuries and now with is recent arrest and charges, has there ever been a player with a bigger downfall who had the potential of a Greg Oden?

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Len Bias

but in all seriousness, this was just a man whose body was not meant to hold up.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I still have a poster of Greg oden dunking on someone in high school, the poster says something along the lines of "not only will Greg oden dominate like this in college, but one day he will be the best center in the nba"

I kept that poster just for that reason, I think there is no such thing as a for sure bet in the nba.. I didn't expect him to drop off this much though.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    he punched his gf's face today.

vCash
    He would of been the best center IMO if he had stayed healthy.

vCash
    Len Bias for sure.

vCash
    Outside the NBA, Ryan Leaf.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    D.Rose

Jimmy

vCash
    It just makes it worse that a future hall of famer and potentially a top 25 player of all time was drafted right after him. It's worse than Bowie because he wasn't the #1 overall pick, plus Bowie at least had a decent career in the league.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Um... it depends.... I mean... on the court, he was extremely foul prone... so I don't think he ever would have been an Alonzo Mourning or Dikembe type.... I think he would have been viewed as a bust even if he had stayed healthy, though he would have been a starter in the league for most teams.

As to guys with bigger falls.... Len Bias is the obvious choice here. The guy looked better than Jordan on some night in college. He was an AMAZING player and didn't even get to play the game.

Roy Tarpley is another fall from grace. He could have been a HOF/champion, and the Mavs might have been competing for a title in the finals against Jordan, but the guy had bad addiction problems.

Ralph Sampson comes to mind as well... he had an amazing college career, won ROY, playing like an MVP calibre player, and was paired up with Hakeem and made deep playoff runs, then his knees just went out.

Grant Hill. Penny Hardaway.... but at least they got a few amazing seasons in first.

So yeah.. there are a few guys there.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    It just makes it worse that a future hall of famer and potentially a top 10-15 player of all time was drafted right after him. It's worse than Bowie because he wasn't the #1 overall pick, plus Bowie at least had a decent career in the league.
    fixed

Stern is the new Mcmahon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Um... it depends.... I mean... on the court, he was extremely foul prone... so I don't think he ever would have been an Alonzo Mourning or Dikembe type.... I think he would have been viewed as a bust even if he had stayed healthy, though he would have been a starter in the league for most teams.

As to guys with bigger falls.... Len Bias is the obvious choice here. The guy looked better than Jordan on some night in college. He was an AMAZING player and didn't even get to play the game.

Roy Tarpley is another fall from grace. He could have been a HOF/champion, and the Mavs might have been competing for a title in the finals against Jordan, but the guy had bad addiction problems.

Ralph Sampson comes to mind as well... he had an amazing college career, won ROY, playing like an MVP calibre player, and was paired up with Hakeem and made deep playoff runs, then his knees just went out.

Grant Hill. Penny Hardaway.... but at least they got a few amazing seasons in first.

So yeah.. there are a few guys there.
    What? Man are you dense.

vCash
    Steve Francis is not on the level of Len Bias,but he's close: 3 all stars and ROY plus good seasons. And right now he looks like a bum.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Jay Williams?
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBUU View Post
    D.Rose
    I 2nd this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast