Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (62-54) at Marlins (57-60) Aug 11-13

St. Louis Cardinals @ Miami Marlins
    Monday, August 11, 7:10 PM EDT , Marlins Park

Shelby Miller, RHP

Miller allowed one run on four hits over seven innings on Wednesday against the Red Sox, his best outing of the second half. In three starts this half, he has surrendered five runs in 18 2/3 innings, not allowing more than four hits in any start.
    Tom Koehler, RHP

It wasn't how Koehler started his last outing, but how he finished. He gave up four in the first at Pittsburgh, but recovered to work six innings without any more damage. Koehler has gone at least five in five straight starts.
    Tuesday, August 12, 7:10 PM EDT , Marlins Park

Adam Wainwright, RHP

Wainwright grinded through seven innings Thursday on 122 pitches en route to a seven-inning, two-run outing. The performance was a bounce-back for the right-hander, who had been coming off a seven-run start.
    Jarred Cosart, RHP

Scratched last Thursday, Cosart will be going 11 days between starts. In his Miami debut on Aug. 1, he worked 5 1/3 innings in a loss to the Reds. He felt some tightness in his back. Playing it safe, he was skipped.
    Wednesday, August 13, 7:10 PM EDT , Marlins Park

Justin Masterson, RHP

Masterson was knocked out after two innings in his last start and allowed 12 of 18 batters to reach. After allowing one homer in his previous nine starts, Masterson served up two in that start. He's walked at least two in 14 straight outings.
    Nathan Eovaldi, RHP

If the last two starts mean anything, Eovaldi is turning the corner. In back-to-back starts vs. the Reds, he gave up one run in 15 innings with 12 strikeouts. His win at Cincinnati was his first since June 23 at Philadelphia.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    If we could sweep this series we would still head home with a winning road trip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15:28916829
    If we could sweep this series we would still head home with a winning road trip
    Feeling confident in those first two match ups. Evoldi has really been up and down in spurts this year and is currently coming off a very nice outting. Very much the good and bad results we've seen with Miller this season. Hopefully he is off his game and we can sweep it like you said.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Feeling confident in those first two match ups. Evoldi has really been up and down in spurts this year and is currently coming off a very nice outting. Very much the good and bad results we've seen with Miller this season. Hopefully he is off his game and we can sweep it like you said.
    Agreed, first 2 games we match up well

It should help Masterson that this ballpark is huge so fly balls won't go out. If he can control the walks he will give them a chance to win

vCash
    Robin Williams died so my day is pretty much ruined

vCash
    Stanton is an incredibly powerful man. His made big strides this Year. Really great to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15:28917058
    Robin Williams died so my day is pretty much ruined
    Yeah I saw that ? I saw it was asphyxiation. Any word if it was "pleasure" or like he hung himself?
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Yeah I saw that ? I saw it was asphyxiation. Any word if it was "pleasure" or like he hung himself?
    Sounds like he hung himself. The last time his wife had seen him was 10 the night before when he went to bed.

So sad

vCash
    Giancarlo may have just made the catch of the year. Wow that was fantastic

vCash
    I don't understand why Sam Freeman is still here. He's been hit hard the last few weeks and he's only pitching every so many days. I don't see why we have 4 left handers in the bullpen.

Choate is great when he's being used correctly, only vs left handers and Siegrist is the vs left handers/right handers inning type guy

Greenwoods here for long relief with Motte injured. Maybe there's just nothing else in the minors that helps us but Freeman just seems like an inconsistent bullpen piece

vCash
    Cardinals scored 5 runs. No excuse not to win scoring 5 or more. Cardinals defense let them down along with the Marlins just playing fantastic defense.

vCash
    Cardinals should have scored more runs this game, the miami defense was stellar and saved at least a run. Very impressive, but shows our luck is as bad as it was good last year
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlumpledink View Post
    Cardinals should have scored more runs this game, the miami defense was stellar and saved at least a run. Very impressive, but shows our luck is as bad as it was good last year
    Great double play the one inning. If Stanton doesn't catch that ball Wong is at least at 3rd and possibly home. That ball is heading to the corner and it's all gonna be on how fast Stanton can get up, it was a great play

vCash
    This is a disappointing loss. Stanton came through like a superstar should
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    I just like to point out our last 3 loses have been games when we hit homeruns kinda odd the all magical homerun ball does not seem to be what its cracked up to be

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast