Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Carmelo Anthony Is Looking Quite Slim

Melo has slimmed down A LOT. I see he is focused on being in shape.

We all know Melo is a bully down low. Will this weight loss affect him in a negative way?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ing-quite-slim

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    I think now we have to question his role at the 4. This might be a sneak peak as to how Fish plans to use him. Maybe we see a lot more 3 for Melo. Knicks going bigger?

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash

Carmelo Anthony Weight Loss

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/2014/08/carmelo-anthony-lost-weight-photo/

To me, that's a little too much off. Hope he gets cut and adds 10 lbs of muscle.
    Does this mean he is back to Playing the 3

vCash
    Slow by 2 mins.. Merge to other thread please

vCash
    Pics are deceiving. I bet this is relatively similar to how he always looks - whenever we see him in workout gear/tanks/jerseys he has padded rib protectors on.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Looks like he's not playing the four anymore, looks noticeably slimmer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Pics are deceiving. I bet this is relatively similar to how he always looks - whenever we see him in workout gear/tanks/jerseys he has padded rib protectors on.
    True but he looks slimmer here, even his arms look more toned. Maybe he cut Carbs like LeBron did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    True but he looks slimmer here, even his arms look more toned. Maybe he cut Carbs like LeBron did.
    I am not going to put too much stock into a phone pic in a dark room with a dark shirt from a weird angle while he is standing sideways. Certainly not going to surmise he is no longer playing the 4 as a result of said picture.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    This is good. He's not playing the 4 anymore.

vCash
    He's a wing player, he's always been a wing, and he had some amazing seasons in DEN as a wing.

People say he's been better as a PF but really he's just developed a great 3pt shot the last few years.

LBJ also slimmed down, and even he said he didn't like playing the 4 so much because he took alot of banging.

So I have no problem with him at the 3, and I don't think Phish ever planned to start him at the 4.

We have way more PF's/C's than we do SF's.

vCash
    Even if he played really well at the 4, we all saw the pounding he took. Aside from the human perspective, Melo is also a long-term investment for the Knicks. He should play the 3.

vCash
    Fish has won with and the triangle enjoys big lineups. THE last laker team to win it hall had a huge front court...

I think this means that Stat will start

vCash

Carmelo Anthony Is Looking Quite Slim

He looks great. He won't be playing much 4 as the focal point of the triangle

vCash
    If he does go to the 4 it will definitely hurt him being that slim on top of that, his game is based on his ability to move people with his weight. He is not LeBron James who's game is about speed and agility so I can see Lebron wanting to slim down.

Melo this thin is like having Shaq at Jared Jefferies weight in the paint. No more Bully Ball. He has been really successful as a Big Guy at his position. I just hope this works out for us and not back fire like when Amare put on 20 lbs of muscle and lost a lot of his agility.
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash
    Extra speed can't hurt for iso.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast