Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA offers to drop Tampering charge against Raptors if they fire Drake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XiSSpcY8mo

To those unaware, Drake is a global Ambassador for the raptors, Im frankly not sure what he does other than helping with the head office for rebranding the team?
    So it is sort of a shocker to see the raptors get fined for this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ncert-comments

UPDATE
    So the NBA would waive the fine if the raptors fire Drake, their global Ambassador.
    WHy would the NBA want to do that? if that's the case, the nba should offer Mark Cuban the Chance to sell his team if he wants to waive his next Tampering fee.

On Monday, we learned that the NBA fined the Raptors $25,000 due to a tampering violation by official ambassador Drake. The rapper invited Kevin Durant to join the team during his big Toronto music festival recently with the reigning MVP in attendance. Fans chanted and everything.

The NBA is pretty consistent in punishing public displays of tampering, so there was really no other option here. Except, according to The Globe and Mail's Cathal Kelly, there was a choice. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl....dZiDu4KN.dpuf
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/554517
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 08-13-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    I was actually going to post a thread, the night I heard him say that, asking if it was tampering, but just didn't.

Not surprised they got fined for it.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    **** this, Silver is out to get the only Canadian team in the League. The NBA is gonna do everything to hold the Raptors back! Where were the fines when Wade reached out to LBJ/Bosh 4 years ago........... other generic homer ****

My honest response:

It's not really surprising that they would get fined for this. Drake is employed by Toronto, supposed to be the ambassador of the Franchise and he reached out to Durant to join us, who's still under contract with the Thunder.

Drake forgot that being the ambassador means to represent the team well enough so players want to come here, not to ask players who are under contract, to bolt their team right after and come here.

**** Drake.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    IF the nba fines drake, they really are not consistent with fining other players for their comments, just like Lebron Recently about Kevin Love. It' a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    IF the nba fines drake, they really are not consistent with fining other players for their comments, just like Lebron Recently about Kevin Love. It' a shame.
    Has it been proven that Lebron convinced Love to go to Cleveland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Lebron is probably the main cause of this

vCash
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't he say if Love joins the team? Lebron can't help that Kevin Love said that he'd stay in Cleveland if Lebron went there. That's more on Love than anything lol

Of course, not to say that there's isn't tampering around the league lol
    Last edited by Cal827; 08-11-2014 at 02:56 PM.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    If you're want to try and get KD you need to get DD to try and start recruiting. Wall probably has. Those 2 are tight and it would not surprise me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    If you're want to try and get KD you need to get DD to try and start recruiting. Wall probably has. Those 2 are tight and it would not surprise me.

A lot of you overestimate friendships in the nba. Durant has more than one friend, he has more than one good friend, To think that a friendship will be the reason why someone stays or plays in a city is laughable. Look how good friends Lebron and Wade are, where is Lebron now? James Harden and Derozan have been bros since their youth days in HIGHSCHOOL, do you think he'd go to Houston just because Harden is there?

Let's stop using Friendships as hope for major free agents to be influenced. When do you let emotional attachments get in the way of business and what's right for you?
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 08-11-2014 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Players can not get in trouble for telling other players to come play with them.

Like I said before, see Noah and Melo in the All-Star game. It was well known Noah told Melo to come to Chicago and he did not get fined.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    There's so much tampering in the league. I'm okay with the fine, it's really just peanuts to the team, but the league should grow a pair and be consistent at least. Lebron is an easy target, but it really happens all the time.

vCash
    Trust me, KD isn't coming to Canada. Doesn't matter if Justin Bieber and Drake come together and do something stupid. It just isn't happening. I still see him fitting perfectly in Chicago with Noah.

If the Bulls get rid of Rose and get someone like Rondo - a pass first PG - that would be a really scary team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Players can not get in trouble for telling other players to come play with them.

Like I said before, see Noah and Melo in the All-Star game. It was well known Noah told Melo to come to Chicago and he did not get fined.
    That is a very good example, thank you! So players under all circumstance are exempt from potentially being held responsible for tampering? Noah said an "if statement pitch" If you really wanna win, come to chicago"

Drake also said an if statement, "Let Kevin Durant know how you'd feel if he'd play here in Toronto"

There is no difference, and noah actually has more of an affililation with his team compared to drake having an affiliation with the raptors, so it really confuses me. The nba is inconsistent, they need to step up man.
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 08-11-2014 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    That is a very good example, thank you! So players under all circumstance are exempt from potentially being held responsible for tampering? Noah said an "if statement pitch" If you really wanna win, come to chicago"

Drake also said an if statement, "Let Kevin Durant know how you'd feel if he'd play here in Toronto"

There is no difference, and noah actually has more of an affililation with his team compared to drake having an affiliation with the raptors, so it really confuses me. The nba is inconsistent, they need to step up man.
    I'm guessing they had no evidence against Melo or Noah. The news came from CB. In Drake's case, you got video of Drake recruiting Durant.

vCash
    Raps should be forced to give up 2 future firsts IMO.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast