Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cousins outplaying RG3 in practice?

After watching the Patriots-Redskins joint practices this past week, ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss came away thinking Robert Griffin III "didnít look like the best quarterback on his own team."

Reiss is a wholly unbiased observer, so this definitely caught our eye. He thought Kirk Cousins "was better" than RG3, running Jay Gruden's offense more efficiently. Reiss says he spoke to members of the Patriots to double-check his observations of Griffin, "and then heard the same sentiment echoed by some others in the Patriots organization." Griffin remains a boom-or-bust 2014 fantasy prospect, learning a new offense where his running usage will be scaled back. Gruden wants to make RG3 more of a pocket passer. It may take time.
    rotoworld via Mike Reiss

One of my biggest takeaways from Patriots-Redskins joint practices was surprise that Robert Griffin III didnít look like the best quarterback on his own team. In fact, I thought Kirk Cousins was better than him, from the perspective of running the offense, fine-tuned mechanics and how decisively the ball came out of his hand. I wondered if I was alone, and then heard the same sentiment echoed by some others in the Patriots organization.
    take it with a grain of salt but Reiss is a pretty good Pats reporter
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Cousins the only quarterback more overrated than hoyer

vCash
    Incoming high draft pick for the skins

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Worldstarhiphop!!!

vCash
    What cousins are you referring to? RG1 and RG2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Cousins the only quarterback more overrated than hoyer
    I don't think either are overrated. Hoyer is just filling in time until, Johnny football takes that team over. Nobody has faith in Hoyer at all. And I think Cousins can be a very good NFL qb. He has been up and down in games played, but has looked very good at times. So you know he has it in him. Just needs more consistency. If I need a qb on my team, I definitely would look at the possibility of trading for him.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I don't think either are overrated. Hoyer is just filling in time until, Johnny football takes that team over. Nobody has faith in Hoyer at all. And I think Cousins can be a very good NFL qb. He has been up and down in games played, but has looked very good at times. So you know he has it in him. Just needs more consistency. If I need a qb on my team, I definitely would look at the possibility of trading for him.
    People pimped hoyer all off season. I've been bashing it for ages. You're not paying attention. Don't tell me I didn't hear what I heard a ton.

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    People pimped hoyer all off season. I've been bashing it for ages. You're not paying attention. Don't tell me I didn't hear what I heard a ton.

Thanks
    Hoyer4MVP

vCash
    Cousins in playing with the 2's though.

vCash
    Practice huh?

vCash
    This was John Keim's response. He covers the Redskins for ESPN.
    Yes, Kirk Cousins looked pretty solid against the Patriots in their two days of practices last week. I don't think the Redskins' coaches would disagree that he might have looked better than Griffin as well. But even the Redskins' coaches would point out: Cousins was not throwing against Darrelle Revis or Brandon Browner and wasn't facing the Patriots' top pass-rushers. So they took what they saw within context. But Cousins has not had a better camp.

vCash
    Cousins is a noodle! He'll never be a good quarterback!

vCash
    Cousins and Hoyer > Brady

vCash
    And Colt McCoy outplayed them both in the game the other day so McCoy>Cousins>RGIII

vCash
    Where is AI when you need him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast