• Bradley Beal

0 0%
  • Jamal Crawford

0 0%
  • Gordon Hayward

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #6 SG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings
    1) James Harden
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Goran Dragic
    4) DeMar DeRozan
    5) Lance Stephenson
    6)
    7)

2013 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) James Harden
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Dwyane Wade
    4) Paul George
    5) Manu Ginobili
    6) JR Smith
    7) Tony Allen
    8) Joe Johnson
    9) Klay Thompson
    10) Vince Carter

2012 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwyane Wade
    3) Manu Ginobili
    4) James Harden
    5) Joe Johnson
    6) Monta Ellis
    7) Eric Gordon
    8) Paul George
    9) Kevin Martin
    10) Ray Allen

2011 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Dwyane Wade
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Manu Ginobili
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Monta Ellis
    6) Kevin Martin
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Eric Gordon
    9) Jason Terry
    10) James Harden

2010 Off-Season SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwyane Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    6) Monta Ellis
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Stephen Jackson
    9) O.J. Mayo
    10) Jason Richardson

2009 Off-Season SG Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Vince Carter
    6) Manu Ginobili
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Kevin Martin
    9) Ben Gordon
    10) Richard Hamilton

2008 Off-Season SG rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Tracy McGrady
    4) Allen Iverson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    5) Vince Carter
    7) Joe Johnson
    8) Ray Allen
    9) Brandon Roy
    10) Kevin Martin
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 08-13-2014 at 09:33 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Klay Thompson.

vCash
    haha, Klay Thompson, defeated again.
    definitely has to be manu here
    the guy produced at a top 3 sg rate still, while being an important part of a championship team

he was also better this season than last, where he placed 5th in voting

vCash
    Afflalo, Thompson or Ellis here.

vCash

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #6 SG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Afflalo
    Ellis
    Thompson
    Beal
    Manu

For me here on out

vCash
    Affalo ahead of everyone else even though he was on a loosing team? Really? I find it funny that people are supporting Ellis now when he is off the warriors...
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH
    Colin Kaepernick is a choker and always will be...
    I fully endorse this message

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    Affalo ahead of everyone else even though he was on a loosing team? Really?
    Let's see here...whose team is going to be better? The guy playing as a 3rd option with Curry, Iggy, Bogut & Lee or the guy playing as a first option with Jameer, Tobias, Glen Davis & Vucevic?

I'm not convinced Afflalo is better, but that's not the argument to make.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    After all the talk I hear in the media and some fans about how great Klay Thompson is, I'm surprised to see him go 6th here. I'm not saying this as a way to instigate an argument with Warriors fans, but I think the guy is one of the most overrated players in the league for what he provides production-wise. I'm fine with him at 6th, though. That's a fair spot for him, and I do think he'll improve on this list in the coming years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    After all the talk I hear in the media and some fans about how great Klay Thompson is, I'm surprised to see him go 6th here. I'm not saying this as a way to instigate an argument with Warriors fans, but I think the guy is one of the most overrated players in the league for what he provides production-wise. I'm fine with him at 6th, though. That's a fair spot for him, and I do think he'll improve on this list in the coming years.
    I understand that cause right now he's mostly just an elite 3 and D type. Not an elite SG. However, I think he will become very close to elite level SG. He's improved every year in the league. He's also got himself a decent post game and at 6'7 that will serve him well. I'm very interested to see what aspect of his game improves next year.

vCash
    At least he can defend though. Unlike James "fatty fatty boom boom" Harden.

Warriors! **** yeah! Wanna start something Houston? Oh I'm sorry we're not allowed to discuss your teams because you're all cry babies.

...nah just kidding. He's probably about right around 5th/6th ...for now. Lets wait and see how he does next season.

vCash
    He's so one-dimensional offensively and I think people are realizing that. A really good shooter, but he doesn't create most of those shots on his own nor does he really bring anything else to the table offensively. Spreading the court is big and being a tremendous catch-and-shoot player is of value, but he's not dynamic. And while he is a good defender, he's not nearly as amazing as it's made out to be. He's more CJ Miles defensively than Tony Allen.

He's a 3-and-D player true and true, and a very good one at that. There's huge value in that, but it certainly keeps him off the top tier. There's absolutely no #1 option in him, whereas the top 5 guys (maybe not Lance) have some of that in them).
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    It's not really that Kaly is bad, it's just that he didn't really increase from the year before. He actually regressed slightly production-wise.

He was ranked #9 before and I'd expect him to be around 8-10 this time around.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    Affalo ahead of everyone else even though he was on a loosing team? Really? I find it funny that people are supporting Ellis now when he is off the warriors...
    It is somewhat about image.

That said, Ellis stats felt empty before. His play also. Now, it feels as if he's improved basketball wise, even though his stats have gone down from the 25-5-5 guy he was. He seems to help the team more.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    He's so one-dimensional offensively and I think people are realizing that. A really good shooter, but he doesn't create most of those shots on his own nor does he really bring anything else to the table offensively. Spreading the court is big and being a tremendous catch-and-shoot player is of value, but he's not dynamic. And while he is a good defender, he's not nearly as amazing as it's made out to be. He's more CJ Miles defensively than Tony Allen.

He's a 3-and-D player true and true, and a very good one at that. There's huge value in that, but it certainly keeps him off the top tier. There's absolutely no #1 option in him, whereas the top 5 guys (maybe not Lance) have some of that in them).
    This is true. With his lack of ball handling, slashing and passing ability, he just doesn't have an ability to anchor an offense. He's in large part a product of Curry, and there's probably no single player in the league that could highlight his abilities (on both ends) more than Steph does. Team wise, he'd be an amazing fit for San Antonio in the Gary Neal role, but at 24 I think we have a very good idea of his career trajectory, and it does not include him ever being a top 20 player imo.

Just took a quick look at his games w/ out Curry this year out of curiosity (only 3 of them) and he put up 15/2/1 on 31% (averaged 18 FG attempts and 2 FT attempts). Warriors went 0-3 and averaged 83 pts.

I still like him a lot on the Dubs, but yeah, he's got severe limits to his game and judging by his lack of offensive development over his first 3 seasons probably always will to a large degree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast