Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Heeeeee's baaaaackkkkkkkkkk

@FallonSmithCSN: DJ Hayden getting work in on the side...that's a good sign. #Raiders

m.twitter.com/FallonSmithCSN

vCash
    Who in the hell is Fallon Smith?

* ETA -- Looked it up; Fallon Smith works with CSN Bay Area. Assuming that twitter account belongs to the woman it's supposed to, she's an actual member of the press and actually worth paying attention to.

vCash
    Csn sports reporter

vCash
    @PGutierrezESPN: "@Raiderdad63: @PGutierrezESPN Does he look to be moving okay" straight line, no cutting for Hayden

m.twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN

vCash
    ^ Yeah, just saw that.

There's no guarantee that Hayden gets healthy and provides the Raiders with an improvement at DB... God knows he wasn't terribly impressive as a rookie last year.

Hopefully he comes back and plays at a much higher level this year than he did last year... the Raiders look like they could really use a boost at CB for the '14 campaign.

vCash
    @CorkOnTheNFL: DJ Hayden working with team trainer off to the side today. Hayden jogging in a straight line, no cutting.

m.twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL

vCash
    @BairCSN: DJ Hayden is working out on the side today. Doing some running.

m.twitter.com/BairCSN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    ^ Yeah, just saw that.

There's no guarantee that Hayden gets healthy and provides the Raiders with an improvement at DB... God knows he wasn't terribly impressive as a rookie last year.

Hopefully he comes back and plays at a much higher level this year than he did last year... the Raiders look like they could really use a boost at CB for the '14 campaign.
    I agree. But a hurt hayden still might be better than a healthy rodgers from what I saw friday....

vCash
    Probably saw how good chekwa and Carrie looked. He would be our fifth cb right now.

vCash
    He has missed quite a bit of time. Any word if he'll actually play in the preseason?
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Hayden scares me, he just seems like another one of our draft picks who will finally get on the field when his contract is about done. We have had bad luck with draft picks missing huge chunks of their rookie deals with injury.

That being said does anyone else have a problem with Tarver's defense and blitzing CB's all game long , more so than LB's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Hayden scares me, he just seems like another one of our draft picks who will finally get on the field when his contract is about done. We have had bad luck with draft picks missing huge chunks of their rookie deals with injury.

That being said does anyone else have a problem with Tarver's defense and blitzing CB's all game long , more so than LB's?
    I can tell you who won't have a problem with it. Peyton Manning.

Tarver's blitzing tendencies caught up with him last season.

vCash
    ^ I agree with that prox. I really think he was figured out and exploited badly. That coupled with his pass rush scheme was not working so we were losing coverage guys and getting torched.

vCash
    im going to look for feedback in the preseason thread this one is more about Hayden, not trying to mix topics up too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I can tell you who won't have a problem with it. Peyton Manning.

Tarver's blitzing tendencies caught up with him last season.
    At the end of the day, football is a pretty simple sport, and it often comes down to individual matchups.

The Raiders got burned playing man-to-man defense. Dennis Allen is supposed to be a defensive backs coach first and foremost. I thought I saw improvement from a number of players towards the end of the '12 season in the defensive backfield... but they all took a collective step back in '13.

I'm willing to accept that Oakland had a really bad game in Minnesota, but the DB's will need to play at a much higher level if the Raiders are going to be competitive defensively.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast