Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Texans and Failure at the QB spot

over the years even though they are a young franchise Texas have had 2 Qb's David Carr who was a bust mostly because the Texans didn't put the right pieces around him ALA O-line basically obliterating his confidence then there is Schaub who was pretty decent for a while by the time we built a contender he was on the Decline now there is Fitzpatrick a back up 10yr journeyman turnover machine who we signed to a 2 yr 4million dollar deal which isn't bad but the fact that he was named starter before going against a set Defense is I just wonder why the Texans never looked toward the Future at the QB spot Kubiak who isn't here anymore had to of known schaub would eventually decline coming especially coming off a lisfranc injury at his age. TJ yates did when a playoff game for us but never showed any improvement Keenum showed signs but is still undrafted and struggling to get the new Coaches playbook. BOB the new coach of the Texans pretty much passed on every QB in the Draft which is understandable seeing it wasn't a strong QB draft waited till the 4th round to make a selection sure Tom savage can pan out later but most of this roster is built to win now Andre, Foster J-jo and Brown they wont be around forever and im just wondering will we ever find a Long term Franchise QB that can keep us in Contention for a long period of time. it seems we always have the pieces to be a contender but never the main ingredient to win an Above Average QB. I know it takes time and luck for teams to find a good QB but it seems we ignore the most important position needed to win

vCash
    Who do/did you want?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Who do/did you want?
    we could have traded up and drafted pretty much anyone except bortles the way most of them fell and I know this QB class wasn't that great maybe Savage pans out but as now with Pickpatrick we will win a max of 6 games

im just wondering do the Texans take the position seriously

not to mention there is news coming out on us passing on Manning which is even more depressing with the way he has played the past 2 regular seasons

vCash
    Truth is that we are going to have to develop a QB. The FA class of 2015 is going to be led by Alex Smith and Mike Vick and neither of those guys I would want to lead my team. Smith is more of a middle tier QB that is a game manager not someone to carry a team. Maybe get an elite college QB in the draft next year which makes this years draft of Savage almost a waste. I'm talking about Winston, Hundley, Braxton etc. The 2016 FA class will have Eli, Rivers, Rothlesberger, Bradford, Luck, Cam, and RG3. Well its safe to say most of those names will be locked into a deal and its also 2 years away. The Texans are going to have to develop a QB to move forward.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Braxton is a piece of ****. I think you mean Mariota. Petty is also in there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    we could have traded up and drafted pretty much anyone except bortles the way most of them fell and I know this QB class wasn't that great maybe Savage pans out but as now with Pickpatrick we will win a max of 6 games

im just wondering do the Texans take the position seriously

not to mention there is news coming out on us passing on Manning which is even more depressing with the way he has played the past 2 regular seasons
    I honestly don't think we do take it seriously. I mean we took Savage when we had a glaring hole there

vCash
    Braxton is a piece of ****. I think you mean Mariota. Petty is also in there
    Braxton isn't that bad. Mariota would be an upgrade also. This past offseason all we heard was talks about getting Mallet in the draft. I have said it all along that we should be calling Washington and asking about Cousins. He is game proven more then Mallet.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Braxton is being scouted as a running back right now so yes he is. He has a long way to go to be mentioned as a similar prospect as Mariota, Winston, Hundley and Petty then there's guys like Connor Cook and Sen Mannion who are beeter pro prospects right now. Mallet ha never impressed me so I hope we pass. Cousins would be nice but I don't think he's getting traded anytime soon. We're just kind of screwed at QB for now

vCash
    hi guys rumor here in cleveland is brian hoyer trade to texans....did u here anything?....Thanks in advanced

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    hi guys rumor here in cleveland is brian hoyer trade to texans....did u here anything?....Thanks in advanced
    No thanks to Hoyer we already have a roster full of middle to lower tier QB's.

vCash
    Braxton is being scouted as a running back right now so yes he is. He has a long way to go to be mentioned as a similar prospect as Mariota, Winston, Hundley and Petty then there's guys like Connor Cook and Sen Mannion who are beeter pro prospects right now. Mallet ha never impressed me so I hope we pass. Cousins would be nice but I don't think he's getting traded anytime soon. We're just kind of screwed at QB for now

I still think that Washington will have to get rid of Cousins. RG3 is not going to want to hear of him on the roster. RG3 had a coach fired do you not think that he can get a backup QB traded?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    I'd love Hoyer but, our beat writer said there's no chance it happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I still think that Washington will have to get rid of Cousins. RG3 is not going to want to hear of him on the roster. RG3 had a coach fired do you not think that he can get a backup QB traded?
    If you're talking about next year, then ya it's possible

vCash
    You are either gonna have to draft one or trade for a developing one (ie Cousins) off another team. Because I wouldn't count on one becoming available in free agency. Even if it does happen you will get into a bidding war and end up paying out the ***. Look at the contracts guys like Andy Dalton are signing these days.

vCash
    hoyer stunk yesterday ill pass

vCash
    I don't think our QB of the future is in the NFL yet so we should be looking forward to the draft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast