Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dexter McDougle torn ACL

Per jets twitter

This is not good. We need to bring in CBs now
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    If that is enough: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...t-ankle-injury

Cornerback Dee Milliner, one of the keys to the New York Jets' season, was helped off the field on Sunday after suffering an apparent injury to his left ankle.

Milliner went down hard after getting beat deep by rookie Quincy Enunwa. Milliner was in obvious pain, clutching his ankle. Two trainers helped him off the field, and Milliner put no weight on the ankle.

Milliner, who recently boasted that he's the best cornerback in the NFL, is having an excellent camp. Rookie corner Dexter McDougle also left practice with an undisclosed injury. Dimitri Patterson sat out again with calf and ankle injuries, meaning three of the team's top four corners are hurt.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Wow this sucks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Wow this sucks!
    And that’s the best way I can think of describing this. I had hoped McDougle’s injury streak was behind him.

We can only hope that this is D. Milliner’s annual TC injury, and it won’t be too severe, and he can be up to full speed by Sept. 7th (KOW to all that).

This is almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy, especially with that guy on Jet Nation Podcast. I’ve listened in for, what...., the last 4 weeks, and the only thing he talks about is how stupid Idzik (and REX and whomever had a say in anything) was/is for not bringing in some high-priced FA CBs.

I think McDougle would’ve taken over, very soon, for D. Patterson (who has some calf/ankle/foot injury - more because Patterson, I hope I’m wrong, isn’t very good, OR maybe he will be the guy REX brought him in to be), but I had an uneasy feeling about McDougle’s ability to stay healthy. Staying healthy in the NFL is a skill (I think), with some serious luck built in - just like almost everything else in the NFL - the bounce of the ball, a tipped pass getting caught by another WR vs INT, and many other scenarios.

Hopefully (KOW) Milliner will makle it all the way back, and be the #1 CB we need him to be. IF he does, I have a feeling K. Wilson will move to the #2 CB (this is a career make or break year for him - he has the physical ability, AND he’s the smartest DB we have). If he can just trust himself enough to turn around and look for the ball - he could (potentially - KOW - not holding my breath) develop into the player we drafted him to be.

I have no idea what to expect from Reeves and Patrick. I think E. Lankster has a chance to step up into the starting slot guy - maybe.

HEY - no doom and gloom - stuff happens. It’s time for our genius defensive minds (I know REX is REX, but I have no doubt that the loss of Pettine - his "adopted twin brother,” and Jim O’Neil - have hurt) to be able to coach up a bunch of “nobody” youngsters like the true genius (hate to say it) B. Belichek has done for the last 5 years with his DBs. REX can’t play Ostrich, and stick to his favorite approach (stop the run, pressure the QB, and leave his CBs out on an island). He has to - not only coach these guys up, but also put them in positions where they can have some success - or at least mitigate the damage. I KNOW - I KNOW - Belichek has had Brady to lean on and score lots of points (what really worries me is he now has some serious talent throughout his defense, but **** THEM!) - but hey - It is time for our offense to help out the defense, and REX and DT - I believe in him - to game plan the crap out of everyone. It’s time to go back to those 100+ hour weeks, and for our front 7 on D to not have lapses.

Don’t freak-out (I’m saying this to me as well). Our Jets are deeper, and younger, than they’ve been in a long long time with a chance for some young guys to show greatness - on both sides of the ball!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I am so angry about this injury honestly thought McDougle had a shot to be the #2 this year opposite to Dee.

vCash
    Wow, this is bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I am so angry about this injury honestly thought McDougle had a shot to be the #2 this year opposite to Dee.
    So did I.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Need to play more zone now (which is gonna be strange with Rex)

Injury sucks as does the Milliner one, but I'm a pretty big Dowling and Walls fan.

Walls, in my opinion, has always looked good when he's played. He's got the size for the press man scheme and football outsiders called him a potential "breakout".

With Dowling it's all about health. He's always played decent when healthy

vCash
    t really does suck, but next man up. Let's see what Walls can do...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    That really sucks for Dex, long way back from here.

http://nflmocks.com/2014/08/10/new-y...agent-targets/

Free Agency:

Asante Samuel

No team wants to put heavy stock in a 33-year old cornerback but Asante Samuel but he has a strong enough history to warrant consideration. A four-time Pro Bowler, he posted five interceptions in 2012 for Atlanta. There is no reason to think he is worth anything more than a one-year deal given his age, but if there’s any juice left in the tank, Rex Ryan can get it out of him.

Dunta Robinson

A former first round draft pick in 2004, Dunta Robinson was a solid player in Houston for six seasons before bouncing around the NFL with stops in Atlanta and Kansas City. He’s 32-years old so his best days are in the rearview mirror, but his experience is centers around the 3-4 defense and he has a good streak of health throughout his career.

Trade:

Morris Claiborne – Dallas Cowboys

It’s very hard not to apply the “bust” label to Morris Claiborne. His tenure with the Dallas Cowboys has been a mix of mediocre to not very good. Despite being a 6th overall pick, he has just two interceptions in two seasons and missed a good chunk of 2013 with a dislocated shoulder. This has led to speculation of a possible release. Rather than let him reach the waiver wire, offering up a modest draft pick might be enough for the Jets to get him. His talent is still hard to ignore and he’s only 24-years old. A change of scenery and coaching may do him good.

Jarrett Bush – Green Bay Packers

Few teams invest in the cornerback position quite like the Green Bay Packers. At least once a year they use a draft pick on it and its shown in their depth. Even after moving Micah Hyde to safety they still have Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Davon House as their top four corners, all with extending playing experience. That doesn’t even include veteran Jarrett Bush who has been a capable player for them since 2006. He has good size and versatility, able to play coverage but also blitz the quarterback. A superstar he is not, but if a team is looking for help they could do a lot worse.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    "Morris Claiborne – Dallas Cowboys

It’s very hard not to apply the “bust” label to Morris Claiborne. His tenure with the Dallas Cowboys has been a mix of mediocre to not very good. Despite being a 6th overall pick, he has just two interceptions in two seasons and missed a good chunk of 2013 with a dislocated shoulder. This has led to speculation of a possible release. Rather than let him reach the waiver wire, offering up a modest draft pick might be enough for the Jets to get him. His talent is still hard to ignore and he’s only 24-years old. A change of scenery and coaching may do him good."

^ This... If Dallas is willing to move this guy for a late draft pick (instead of cutting him) - the Jets should look into it. He would still be on his rookie contract - and he has the physical skills. I'd suspect that Rex could put him into a position to succeed... Let's be honest - Dallas' defense has been a joke and it doesn't seem that they know what they are doing for sometime. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most of Claiborne's issues have more to do with Dallas's lack of defensive plan/coaching and less with this kid's skill level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jim View Post

It’s very hard not to apply the “bust” label to Morris Claiborne. His tenure with the Dallas Cowboys has been a mix of mediocre to not very good. Despite being a 6th overall pick, he has just two interceptions in two seasons and missed a good chunk of 2013 with a dislocated shoulder. This has led to speculation of a possible release. Rather than let him reach the waiver wire, offering up a modest draft pick might be enough for the Jets to get him. His talent is still hard to ignore and he’s only 24-years old. A change of scenery and coaching may do him good."

^ This... If Dallas is willing to move this guy for a late draft pick (instead of cutting him) - the Jets should look into it. He would still be on his rookie contract - and he has the physical skills. I'd suspect that Rex could put him into a position to succeed... Let's be honest - Dallas' defense has been a joke and it doesn't seem that they know what they are doing for sometime. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most of Claiborne's issues have more to do with Dallas's lack of defensive plan/coaching and less with this kid's skill level.
    he played a full year under Rob, you figure they would have the full scoop on his work ethic and what exactly the issues were.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    he played a full year under Rob, you figure they would have the full scoop on his work ethic and what exactly the issues were.
    I was thinking the same thing. Rex will have the full picture of this kid and if they can get him for a 6th? Ok

Robinson- why not ask?
    Bush- why not ask? He could be solid.

I am all for going with the guys we have but we now need depth. Let's go get some help.

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Rex will have the full picture of this kid and if they can get him for a 6th? Ok

Robinson- why not ask?
    Bush- why not ask? He could be solid.

I am all for going with the guys we have but we now need depth. Let's go get some help.
    there are a ton of veterans out there, its just a matter of who is/isn't broken

corners have less of a shelf life than running backs all of a sudden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jim View Post

If the Jets can get him for a late round pick, this trade seems like a no brainer. On McDougle, I thought he would end up starting this year. Patterson played terrible in the 1st preseason game, and before all of these injuries in the secondary, I would've considered cutting him if his play didn't improve in the second game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast